Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
[
[H] Offline OP
OP Offline
[
A farewell... Folks my second time around here was just to late for us. I can't plan a or plan b someone who doesn't care and life isn't left in it. She's clearly done and I have accepted that I am done with her as well. Her lies and deceitfulness are just to much to handle any more. The latest update is now attorneys are involved and my poor son is right in the middle. I'll hold it together for him.

I'd like to say. In closing I believe this program works here and can work but you've got to be willing to put some effort into it. Don't fall into the trap I did where you believe everything is perfect and you stop coming here and learning and growing.

I'll be back, but not for reasons ending with divorce or for reasons of any other kind except for my new relationship(s) to start on a solid foundation of understanding, communication and commitment.

Thank you to everyone who threw in some advice. I appreciate your efforts.

S
S
[H]

I know the last time you were here you spent the time recovering the marriage. Now you find yourself in a a different place but help is still here for you.

I hope you'll stick around and let us help you walk thru the D part of all this mess. There are some good guys and gals here that can offer some great advice of how to proceed.

Right now the W is in the drivers seat because she has taken the lead but there is a lot for you to do to change that so that you can protect yourself and your son.

So sick around and update us on what your doing.

The things I would do if I were you are

1 Get a Lawyer

2 Get a digital voice recorder and record every conversation you have with your W

3 Start a journal of everything she is doing and you are doing especially as it involves your DS

SC

Me BS 54
XWW 51 Divorce final 1/9/12
DS26 DS24 Twin DD's22 Married 29years
D-dates No1 01/2007, No2 08/2008(ongoing)
[
[H] Offline OP
OP Offline
[
Yeah... I can definitely still use the help and advice given here, even as things didn't go as I hoped or planned. Right now I'm just concerned about my son and my time with him. Fortunately I have obtained council and Colorado doesn't have custody anymore. Colorado has a parenting plan system where the courts would like both parents involved cooperatively 50/50 in the child's life.

Thank you guys and gals.
[H]

[
[H] Offline OP
OP Offline
[
Turns out our new phone bill she's talking to someone typically around 9pm for sometimes 3 hours into midnight. This is a new change. So I definitely think someone else is involved.

[H]

[
[H] Offline OP
OP Offline
[
Well. Updated information is that she is basically trying to make this divorce as hard on me as possible, including using our son against me in ways I didn't think she was capable of.

She's prevented me from even seeing him for 8 days a few weeks ago until the courts stepped in and discontinued that abruptly we're in a weird custody / non-custody battle right now which means that she is trying to stall and prevent me from seeing my son and I am trying to at least get 50/50 custody.

Almost all the time we've spent in the proceedings have been about our son. It's like she doesn't want me to have anything to do with him. I just don't understand that at all.

So what started out as "I want this amicable" turned into "I want to destroy you [H] and my attorney will help me". The woman I married so long ago is a different person now, shes bitter, full of hatred and just down right scary to even deal with anymore. I am more surprised each day how much of a stranger she really is now. As she and I seemed like we would be together forever and always. I've moved on and accepted we're done, but it seems like she still wants to punish me and torture me for her own affair. All that guilt she's carrying I imagine it has to be vented somewhere, might as well take it out on me right?

[H]

[
[H] Offline OP
OP Offline
[
Today was our first court hearing. Not a lot was accomplished other then the court ordered mediation. Maybe that will be a good thing to help resolve this custody fight so that we can have a 50/50 parenting time setup soon. I would love to just fast forward 2 months and be signing paperwork and watching the ink dry.

[H]

K
K
Originally Posted by H
Today was our first court hearing. Not a lot was accomplished other then the court ordered mediation. Maybe that will be a good thing to help resolve this custody fight so that we can have a 50/50 parenting time setup soon. I would love to just fast forward 2 months and be signing paperwork and watching the ink dry.

[H]

I'm sorry. Waywards suck. She's probably fed her lawyer a bunch of lies about how you've been mistreating her and your son. My WH has lied to his lawyers so many times that he believes his own lies.

OTOH, she may be trying to maximize her child support money.

Just keep pushing for time with your son and do what's best for you and for him.

Me: BS 51
Himself: WH 53, EA/PA w/ RunnerSlut his "running buddy."
Buncha' kids. The two youngest are still minors.
Separated: 08/13/09 after 25 years of marriage
Plan D: Filed 11/13/09 Final 3/30/11
MC told me that he probably has a personality disorder
[
[H] Offline OP
OP Offline
[
Yeah. I keep pushing for 50/50. Thats all I care about now. I don't want to resolve anything with her anymore, she's done way to much damage.

[H]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation