Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 89 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 88 89
M
M
Originally Posted by Cypress
I'm really new at trying to help others here. Sometimes I just want to reach through the monitor, grab them by the collar and yell. The vets here especially, know where and when the train wreck will happen, but the BS is too afraid to pull the switch.

How do the vets keep helping the BS's and Waywards year after year, knowing most will not listen?

Cypress
I won't mention the posters, but I will say that there are certain posters who have come here in total desperation, with their spouse GONE to the OP. The betrayed has used MB to assault the affair, and the wayward comes back home to rebuild their marriage. Hurray for them!!! hurray hurray hurray If my experience in recovering from infidelity can help anyone, I am so there. I think it has. I hope so.

But I still get so frustrated with posters who refuse to acknowledge the clear and present danger to their marriage. sigh

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Not a vet but ITA.
Oh, you're a vet, Scotty. Absolutely. You have defined the proper way to Plan B. If I had a hat I would tip it to you. smile

D-Day 2-10-2009

K
K
Concise?

Well, I am rather impatient. I save my novels for...well, my novels.

Thank you. smile

And is it even possible for this thread to be t/j'ed?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
C
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Concise?

Well, I am rather impatient. I save my novels for...well, my novels.

Thank you. smile

And is it even possible for this thread to be t/j'ed?
Let's go ride bikes!

C
C
Are you a writer too? Karma?

K
K
Yes, I did Nanowrimo last year. Still trying to edit it down while trying to write a sequel...it's hard work and definitely a rollercoaster to try and keep at it.

rcoaster

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
P
P
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Why is it, I wonder, that a hurting poster will come here asking for help, and when they get the help they asked for, they refuse it? dontknow

The "why" is too vague. I surrender that task to people with a higher pay grade.

Here is what I have learned.
I do not put more effort into someone's situation than they do.

Take the time to discern how much MB concepts a poster has actually taken the time to learn. If THEY show sincere effort, so will I.

Saves on this ~~~. banghead

C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
The "why" is too vague. I surrender that task to people with a higher pay grade.

Here is what I have learned.
I do not put more effort into someone's situation than they do.
Yeah that's the lesson I needed to learn a long time ago Pep

Seems I suffered the cosequences of taking that position also
It's easy to be somebodys friend when it's all nice and rosy in the hot tub together
It's a different thing to contradict them in conflict

All communication is for our benefit"
(I think that's a scripture)

I think of a foreman on the job who barks out orders at the workers

The ones who get offended cuz he hurt Thier feelings don't last long and are not very effective either. If they take the time when they don't have it to stop and take things into consideration like...how the local team lost last night or....it's been hot this week or...well you name it. The issue that needs addressing gets lost in the sauce and they all could lose Thier jobs

It's the same here. The vets say direct instructions and the novices take them apart and water down Thier effect because well, Thier different don't cha know

If the shoe fits wear it

N
N
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
If my experience in recovering from infidelity can help anyone, I am so there. I think it has. I hope so.

You helped me and I think me and my kids owe you something for getting me off my hindquarters.

Seriously.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

M
M
Aw, North. I appreciate hearing that. Truly. smile

D-Day 2-10-2009

N
N
Just thought I'd pass that on.

[Harumph! Harumph Cough Cough!] Now that all the sentimental stuff is out of the way, let the rants continue!

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

M
M
It is very hard to deal with people who cannot understand the chemical changes in a wayward mind, and how this effects the affair. I wish society as a whole would really put two and two together, that way when it happens more people would be able to treat the affair like an addiction and proceed with dealing with it like a drunk driver.

I am so frustrated with people acting as if the BS is crazy or a pain in the butt because they are exposing to save their marriage. People treat the BS like crap because they don't role over and play dead on Dday. Come on BS get over it; you lost and POSOP won. Your marriage is over and it is all your fault. Society treats love as a feeling, and that feeling shouldn't be challenged because after all it is love. Bull crap--love is committing oneself to another through thick and thin, the good, the bad, the ugly, in sickness, in health until death do us part!!!

It just goes to show how many people today really do not value family and. commitment. They act like a family is disposable underware and can be thrown out, changed, or crapped on with no consequences. I pray for the wisdom to raise my babies to know the difference.

Last edited by itistoughlove; 06/07/11 05:43 PM.
E
E
It's the whole "drive thru" instant gratification society we live in today. Live for the moment! All that crap.

We're forced fed that divorces just "happen" like it's natural or something. IT IS NOT. It is A SIN. IT IS EVIL.

IITL, you're right about the chemical makeup of a wayward mind. Here's the thing. It only lasts that way less than 2 years before a change occurs. That's why imho Dr. Harley says emas last an average 2 years.

Did for my xwh. Literally to that point. But we were divorced and he'd instantly remarried the ow and had a baby with her. Suddenly he was like "whoa. what just happened to me?"

He tried to actually leave her then and attempted to ask me out on a date and said he "made a mistake". Um no. I made a mistake marrying a guy with such p*ss poor boundaries!

Literally they are like that. Like they've been rip van winkle the whole time after they finally come back to reality and SEE what had been going on during their mental absence.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
M
M
[Harumph! Harumph Cough Cough!] Now that all the sentimental stuff is out of the way, let the rants continue!
rotflmao

D-Day 2-10-2009

A
A
Rant on:

OK, not really a rant, but just wondering. Do you think some people come to MB to debate? Do you think the people on MB who distract with arguments on other's posts and threads do this same sort of thing in their marriage? If so, do you think their spouse would find it extremely annoying? And if their spouse were to complain that it was an annoying habit, do you think the person would debate that complaint?

OK, the rant part. I don't even know these people and find it annoying.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
P
P
Uh
Duh
Uh
Yeah

M
M
This is not a rant, but an observation of something mildly inconvenient to me.

I'm apparently the only person in history who's ever used the "ubbthreads-dark" theme available from the control at the bottom of the forum.

I like it. A lot. It makes my screen darker. Easier on the eyes, easier to read. It also makes it easy when Prisca and I use each other's computers to see who we are logged in as.

But it obliterates more than half of the lovely emoticons here. I see text: "Nooo" and "flirt" and "twoxfour" and "dramaqueen".

Plus, some people who make good posts tend to write in dark blue text, which is nearly unreadable against the black.

I guess everybody else who has tried the dark theme has gone back to the regular because of these problems, but I'm stubborn, and I like the theme and have stuck with it over a year now despite all this. smile

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
I've used the dark screen before, Markos! I can't help you with the emoticons, but on the blue or other hard-to-read text colors deal, I found that highlighting the text worked wonders!

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
I've used the dark screen before, Markos! I can't help you with the emoticons, but on the blue or other hard-to-read text colors deal, I found that highlighting the text worked wonders!

Mrs. W

That's what I do. smile

But it's hard on the eyes. wink

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
E
E
I've found being colorblind helps in some cases, but that's not an option for everyone smile

So when folks accuse me of being too black and white, it's not exactly true. However, it's closer to the mark than for most other folks.

Page 46 of 89 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 672 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation