Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
There are two potential Republican presidential candidates who have very different marital histories. Newt is on wife #3, a woman with whom he carried on an affair while married to wife #2. He's been married to wife #3 for 15 years, so apparently now it's OK that he cheated on wife #2.

Mitch Daniels married a woman who divorced him, leaving him to parent their four daughters who were ages 8 to about 14 at the time. She then married another man, moved away, and three years later divorced husband #2 and returned home to remarry husband #1.

I think the Daniels' story is a beautiful story of love. Mitch Daniel's wife had to trust that she would be accepted back, and Mitch had to forgive and move on.

I read in Newsweek that Cheri Daniels is concerned about what might be covered in her running off, but really it's a beautiful story.

Cherished

Last edited by Cherished; 05/19/11 10:08 PM.
B
B
Originally Posted by Cherished
I read in Newsweek that Cheri Daniels is concerned about what might be covered in her running off, but really it's a beautiful story.

It is but most Americans won't see it that way. You can bet he has no chance of being elected. Take that to the bank.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
C
OP Offline
C
Well, he's not running, so it's irrelevant. I feel bad because no Republican candidate looks good to me. Ugh... If anything has taught me the importance of a work ethic, it's being a parent. We've got a bunch of people who believe the rich are those who somehow scammed the system (which some are) rather than those who worked hard and took some risks.
Cherished

C
C
Barack Obama seems to be a good family man, a loving husband and caring father.

E
E
Too bad that doesn't translate to being a good president. On one hand, he complains about deficit spending of the previous president. Now that he's in office, he's yet to submit a budget that has less deficit spending than the deficit spending he criticized.

I hope he's more honest with his family than he has been with the American public for their sake.

I hope he has plenty of time to be a good family man come January 20, 2013 by not being distracted by holding the office of the president.

Of course, I'm not sure any of the Republican choices are any better. I think it's time to keep giving them and members of Congress, both the House and the Senate one term to get things done and if they don't, vote them out until they all realize they work for us and not their respective special interests.

There are interests on both the left and the right and few of them are actually in the best interests of the nation.

It's time to shrink the federal portion of Government by about 2/3rds, getting down to just national defense, foreign policy and the federal judiciary.

If folks want entitlements such as corporate welfare, individual welfare, social security and medicare/medicaid, they can do it on the state level.

If they don't, they can not do it.

But doing most of that stuff in DC is just insane.

Bring it back to the states and let people decide if they want to live in the nanny states, or the states where you are responsible for paying your own bills, insuring your family, etc.

Nothing wrong with helping out if that's how you want to do it.

There is something seriously wrong with saying everyone should help out and have zero say regarding any requirements, accountability or other strings that may be placed on the recipients of aid.

Originally Posted by curious53
Barack Obama seems to be a good family man, a loving husband and caring father.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation