Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 29 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 28 29
S
OP Offline
S
So, if we aren't speaking hypothetically, then you know for certain that I will lead a miserable life, completely unhappy, full of regret and devoid of a man who loves me raising daughters who are the town hookers with no morals. Good to know.

Me - 29 WW
H - 35
DD1 - 6yo
DD2 - 2yo
DDay - Feb 26, 2011
Hope to be recovered sooner than later!!
W
W
Originally Posted by strugglingaz
So, if we aren't speaking hypothetically, then you know for certain that I will lead a miserable life, completely unhappy, full of regret and devoid of a man who loves me raising daughters who are the town hookers with no morals. Good to know.

Nope, nobody knows that.

But I do know that if you get your head out of the sand and give your marriage a chance, a real chance, at recovery, that you won't ever regret it. I have yet to meet anyone who does.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
P
P
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
Out of curiosity, strugglin -- What made you decide to post here again?

Mrs. W

I'd like to see an answer to this.
Is reality beginning to bite?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

V
V

I know from a few friends situations that the ones that chose not to reconcile were very unhappy with the outcome.

I can't believe you'd do this to your daughters and husband.

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
J
J
Strugglingaz,

I would just like you think about it, of course we don't know what the future will hold for you and your family.............there are no guarantees in life.......but what I know in my life is that I want to surround myself with people who know me and my past, people that can forgive me when I screw up, someone that loves me just because I am who I am.....warts and all...........
You might find another man that will distract you for a while, but you will miss that history and your family being in tact.........
You will show your children that even though adults make mistakes they can fix them as well with love and forgiveness......sometimes when we are the cross roads of life we make the wrong decision and our lives change for the worst and we live the rest of our lives with regrets.........I think your marriage and your kids at least deserve a chance, it might not work but at least you two will be able to move on without regret or you could really throw everything into the relationship and be happier than you have ever been..........
This site is full of optimistic people who love nothing more than to hear a great story of reconnect and love, we have all been there in that bad place and worked our way into a great happy marriage instead of the one we used to have......
When you are in the bad place you think you have to run because you can't imagine anything good but take my word for it if you try you can smile, laugh, love again.........you can be the hero and save your children's parents from lives of regret...........
I want you to really think about what you could have if you only could look at your husband differently.............
Take a good look ......at you as well, where are you really going and to what?
jessi...........waiting to hear that love story........

Last edited by jessitaylor; 05/31/11 04:29 PM.

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
M
M

strugglin~

You made a choice when you got married. One that was supposed to be FOR LIFE. The implication being: You do not get to choose again.

Do you honestly believe that your husband is the issue? That you will go out and find some other man that magically makes you happy? Do you really think the grass is greener somewhere else?

Because you know, the grass is greener where you water it.

Why wouldn't you choose to water the grass of your marriage? This would be the MOST beneficial thing for you to do -- This will serve not only your daughters better, but it will also serve you better. I told you before -- No one ever regrets doing the right thing.

What is it that you are looking for?

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
I'd like to see an answer to this.
Is reality beginning to bite?
I suspect you're right, Prisca. It's hard to maintain a fantasy when reality is slapping you in the face. A true wayward will run from reality to avoid that. Sigh.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

P
P
So...if my H would have been killed in an accident two years ago, would you still sit here and tell me that I will never find someone who loved me as much as he did?
There is a huge difference between a man whose family loses him because he has been killed in an accident, and a man whose family loses him because his wife has stabbed him in the back.

Don't think that your daughters won't be able to see the difference. Don't think that they will be able to ever forgive you.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

S
OP Offline
S
Why did I post here again? To let all of you fine folks know that I am doing fine. What reality is slapping me in the face? I know all too well what its like to be alone as I spent a greater part of my marriage in this state, so virtually my life now is no different than it was.

Me - 29 WW
H - 35
DD1 - 6yo
DD2 - 2yo
DDay - Feb 26, 2011
P
P
Why did I post here again? To let all of you fine folks know that I am doing fine.
Yeah.

Right.

I know all too well what its like to be alone
No, Hon, you don't. Haven't you read ANY of WPG's posts? The worst is yet to come.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

M
M
I know all too well what its like to be alone as I spent a greater part of my marriage in this state,

I see. InnerStrength neglected you during your marriage, and he is unwilling to change, is that it?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
OP Offline
S
OH!! So because WPG had this experience means that I am going to be exactly the same way. God, its amazing to me how every single one of you can read the future. You know, you can probably be making millions off of this rare ability!!

Me - 29 WW
H - 35
DD1 - 6yo
DD2 - 2yo
DDay - Feb 26, 2011
M
M
Why did I post here again? To let all of you fine folks know that I am doing fine. What reality is slapping me in the face? I know all too well what its like to be alone as I spent a greater part of my marriage in this state, so virtually my life now is no different than it was.

No, you were not alone.

Are you saying that you and IS didn't spend as much time together as you would have liked?

That could have and would have changed. I saw IS as willing to create a new marriage with you. He was willing to work the MB Program. No one is saying that IS was perfect, but neither were you -- agreed?

The MB Program -- if you choose to work it with your husband -- would not make either of you perfect -- but it WOULD make you perfect for each other. I am 100% sure of that.

Would you agree that the best case scenario would be for you and IS to fall romantically in love with each other and raise your children in an intact family?

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
OH!! So because WPG had this experience means that I am going to be exactly the same way. God, its amazing to me how every single one of you can read the future. You know, you can probably be making millions off of this rare ability!!

How do you see your future, strugglin? What are your hopes and dreams? What is it that you expect from life?

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

W
W
Why did I post here again? To let all of you fine folks know that I am doing fine.

And why would you do that?

If you were really doing fine, you'd simply go off and live your life and not worry about what anyone here thought about what you were doing.

You came back here because you're not sure you're doing the right thing, so you're trying to justify your decision by proving how "fine" you are with what you've chosen to do to your family.

You're standing on the edge of a cliff, the same cliff that many other waywards have stood on before you. You've made the decision to jump, but you're having second thoughts. I've been on the edge of that cliff. So has every wayward here. The reason we're still here at all is because we chose to back away from the edge instead of jumping into the abyss. The waywards who jumped are no longer here. What happened to them? How are they doing? Who knows? I don't want to. I'm just glad I didn't jump and end up down there with them.

We'd like you to back away from the edge of the cliff before it's too late.

The helping hand has been extended. It's up to you whether or not you choose to take it.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
P
P
No fortune telling needed. These are the facts -- an adulterous mother who divorces the father AFFECTS the children in a negative way. What, exactly, makes you so special that you can somehow avoid that tragedy?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

J
J
strugglingaz,

You seem very angry, the reference to WPG was to just show you that making a mistake is a possibility........
Just like when you are parent the folks here are trying to stop you from making a mistake, they don't want you to be like WPG and living a life she doesn't want now....of course you aren't her and we don't really know if you will be happy in your future or not.....
This site is to help marriages get back on track and doing the work in that marriage that should have done in the first place.........there was a reason you got to where you were........that is both partners fault...........
You sound angry, if you are sure that this is the move for you, then I guess you will have no regrets..........
I think IS has come to a point where he acknowledges his faults and is willing to change and work at making you happy..........that only works if you would be willing..............
I am always sad for everyone involved when they have to go through the whole process of letting go of that family unit........to watch is fall apart and change lives forever........It will change who your children are, it will change who you are and IS will also have to let go of a life he thought was his............it is hard giving up hope and believing in something....
Hard work .........of course ................but you have to want to.........
At least think about it some more before you change life as it is today.......
jessi

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
J
J

Did you know kids of divorced parents are 75% more likely to get divorced themselves? Is this the legacy you want to leave?

Read this:

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/marriage/divorce_and_infidelity/should_i_get_a_divorce.aspx

BH: 46
FWW: 44
3 DD: 20,17,11
Married 24 years
PA/EA: 5/08
DDay: 6/08
NC: 8/08
Previous EA 1998 confessed 8/08
In Recovery
M
M
strugglin~

I asked about what you expected out of life because NOW [not during my wayward time] I am completely perplexed by what it is that WWs think they will be getting out of life by leaving their marriages.

Most that come here have a VERY NICE LIFE.

-A husband who loves them [sure they aren't perfect men, but neither are the WWs perfect women - understatement]

-children who love them and depend on them

-A roof over their heads

-food in the pantry

-a car to drive

And the list of privileges goes on and on -- So I'm left to ask -- What do you believe is out there that you don't already have? dontknow

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
S
What reality is slapping me in the face?

Not yet since you're high off your contact with OM...but once the fantasy wears off, it will be hitting you.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
Page 24 of 29 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 497 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation