Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
http://www.slate.com/id/2296426/

pretty good article, something we all knew.
Still can't believe this is still a debate.....

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
N
N
Absolutely! He used a telephoto lens!

P
P
Is this a trick question?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
The article starts out by analyzing what the wayward said, as if that's an indicator of anything. We already know what the wayward said was different a couple of weeks ago, so we have no reason to trust anything he is saying now.

For all the people that politicians pay to tell them what to say and how to talk to the public, I still can't believe stories like this.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Kudos to the author of the article for bringing it to a good conclusion:

You can call these adventures whatever you want to. But we all know what they are. They're relationships.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
S
S
Just ask his betrayed wife. She knows that answer.

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Absolutely! He used a telephoto lens!

rotflmao ......................... doh2

Last edited by barbiecat; 06/09/11 05:56 AM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
M
M

E
E
Yes, I believe he was. It seemed as if an addiction too for him, and seriously, if he went THAT far texting and sexting, then he probably met up w/at least one woman sometime.

I personally believe he's gone further than that. Just my gleaning from the "weinger gate" saga though.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
H
H
IMO; yes.

If he "wasn't," he was dang sure trying to. IMO trying = cheating.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
I know a wiener man,
He owns a wiener stand.
He sells most everything,
From hot dog buns on down.
We'll live the wiener life,
I'll be his wiener wife.
Hot dog! I love that wiener man.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
R
R
Cheater - check.

Liar - check.

Career ruined - check.

And I'll bet it's the "career ruined" that concerns him the most ... not his betrayed bride, not the fact that he's a liar or a cheat but that he won't get to be Mayor of NYC. He won't get to move up in politics. He'll probably have to fade into a well-hidden job. Yuck.

BW (me) - 57
XWH-54
2DSs- 16 and 17
Married 16 years
D-Day - 8/21/09
XWH moved out 10-9-09
Divorce Finalized 11-19-10
XWH moved 4 states away (on 11/22/10) to live with OW.
XWH married OW 1-15-11
B
OP Offline
B
I for one, am glad that this type of issue is making headlines.

How many times do new people deny the very existence of EA's?

Most articles I read have a "oh, come on, now...please!" tone for his excuses and reasonings.

His poor wife and future child.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
S
S
Gotta love my WW too. We just happened to start talking about Weiner. I used the word EA and of course she rolled her eyes. I actually had to control my urge to cackle. Par for the course baby. Did I expect anything else?

K
K
I read in other places that he only has a degree in political science, and no other really relevant job experience that could help him get something comparable to what he is making now outside of this job he has now.

It's speculated that that's the reason he hasn't resigned--he has nowhere else to go.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
E
E
The only idiot who seems to be supporting him is Charlie Rangel. Uuugh.

anyhow, even if his messaging the 17 year old turns out to be benign, WHO WOULD ALLOW their CHILD to be messaged to from a 46 year old man?

I think it's time to seize his computer and go thru the hard drives. Weiner needs jail time now. I think it goes further than him being a wayward. I think he has crossed into potentially criminal territory now. Scary, scary man who has those out of control needs for admiration/hero worship.

This is the kind of recipe for making the "super-cheater". Power, a sudden new authority, and access to hundreds of people he thinks "adore" him or hang on his every words. After all, several of the women were messaged because they commented on his you-tube videos where he went on political rants.

Imho, when you take a somebody (his former girlfriend said this) who had self-doubt or issues with self confidence, give them sudden power and influence, it is a recipe for disaster many times. This is what happened to my xwh. In high school he was a little guy, nobody thought much of him at all. He wasn't popular. He wasn't cool. Then he gew up, grew taller, got attractive (although Weiner isn't), and walked into this dream job position things changed. Unfortunately I was the wife when this all happened.

Suddenly the power and influence is intoxicating. It's literally their drug. And if women suddenly now talk to him, or think he's cool or give him attention, it fuels that more.

I feel bad for his wife and unborn child. Although I do believe however, with this guy, according to an article where another x spoke out, that this has been going on for a while.

But if there are teens he's been corresponding to, women young enough to be his daughter, then he needs to go...and then further go to jail.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
P
P
Peachy .... go read the last few posts on my "Ooops" thread, in "Other Topics".
I can't wait to hear your opinion.

end t/j

M
M
Here's another thing about Weiner that I wish more of the news outlets would address:

Even if you care nothing about the damage done to his family - we care, but not everyone does - it's obvious that this man was absolutely desperate to keep his dirty little secret. As a member of the U.S. Congress, that leaves him wide open to blackmail from everything from outright terrorists to garden-variety crooks who want to buy his vote.

And if that wasn't enough - his WIFE, who is now PREGNANT, works directly and closely with the U.S. Secretary of State! Depending on how much this (now pregnant) woman wanted to keep her marriage together, she would have been a prime target for blackmail as well.

If nothing else, leaving himself wide open to the blackmail factor should be enough for this clown to lose his job.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
E
E
I suspect he has sociopathic tendencies too. Go and see the tmz new pics. Uugh. He took half nekkid pics of himself in the HOUSE gym. Yep. On company time. OUR jobs pay HIS salary.

K
K
Ask his wife, I bet she thinks so!

If his wife was doing the same thing, he'd consider HER a cheater!

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 364 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation