Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 32 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
M
OP Offline
M
I feel extremely guilty when I think of my pain, when my daughter should be the most important thing on my mind. When I think about her, my problems seem pale in comparison. Every time I redirect my thoughts back to her, I send her an I Love You text. I don't think she ever tires of them. smile

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010
Him-several affairs, last one 3/2011
Divorced filed 3/2011, final 3/2012

Formerly "Mopey".
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2013149&page=1

After a 4 yr FR, it became CLEAR to me of what you can look for in a FR. And that is the absence of POJA, and/or if your spouse tramples on your boundaries. If someone is not willing to do POJA with you, and they don't respect your boundaries, imo, the relationship is doomed.
R
R
Of course its normal!

It is quite a traumatic thing to go through!

The other stuff going on with other people you love doesn't make it less traumatic and unfortunately it can eclipse all other emotions.

You love your child and can't help that you have this huge thing to deal with in conjunction with her trauma.

N
N
Originally Posted by MyJourney
CP, NSZ, Kirby, and anyone else who is praying for my daughter and I, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

MJ
Am keeping you, your DD and the doctors in the prayers.

A question for anyone.......

OH-OH pick me. I'm an anyone-Too bad your stuck

I STILL have this numb feeling that stays with me 24/7 since the day my husband left. No matter what I do, I cannot shake it. I feel like I'm just going through the motions, just trying to survive. Even on my really good days, if I stop for one second, I know it's there. Is this normal after he's been gone for 8 months? It's been 10 months since he asked for the divorce.

When I try to get to the "root" of that numb feeling, I always seem to come back to my thoughts of "I can't believe he hurt me like this AGAIN". I guess I'm just still in shock that someone can be that cruel, to anyone.

I am going through that somewhat now. At times I just put one foot in front of the other and do the next or right thing. I have started to mix in some fun to relax. Instead of being a "Human Doing" I am shooting for a little "Human Being".

The whole SAA board is filled with waywards that all seem to have the same playbook. Yes the circumstances and players may be a little different than ours but most all seem to follow the playbook.

Sit and enjoy your own company with a book and a cup of your favorite. Take an afternoon nap if you feel like it. Be your own best friend. Fantasize about the boat you may get down the road. Its OK.

I was so wrapped up in being a husband, a father, and a provider for so long and after this battle the roles have changed. It takes time to fit into a new life. That is up to me to create a new life. The reality of the whole D process thows a person off. D was not a n experience of life education I wanted.

I'm still in shock that he cared so little for me. His addiction to women and admiration won out over me. I couldn't compete, nor did I want to, at the time. I was trying to heal from a lot. He wouldn't protect the marriage. His needs, nor mine, were met. He found someone easier to meet his needs.

MY .02 Cents

em�pa�thy   /ˈɛmpəθi/ Show Spelled
[em-puh-thee] Show IPA

�noun
1. the intellectual identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.

Addicts and waywards have trouble with this and the ability to empathize with other human beings. Even loved ones close to them. The ability not to have empathy can linger a long time especially if the person is not working any type of recovery program be it for addictions or M.

QUOTE-Dr. Harley

LOVEBUSTERS PAGE 248
“Those with a history of addiction usually have a difficult time learning to be thoughtful.

The self-centeredness they perfect as addicts stays with them even when they’ve overcome the addiction.

What looks like thoughtfulness often turns out to be manipulation----they appear to be thoughtful to get their way.

True thoughtfulness accommodates the feelings of others for their sake.

It is a willingness to give up behavior that is offensive to others and create new and appealing behavior.

You create romantic love when you do something that is deeply appreciated. It’s preserved when you avoid behavior that is deeply resented.”

If stbx ever really sees himself, and what he has done to so many, it'll suck to be him.

No-Actually this is what we pray for!

From my experience this occured to me maybe somewhere in 2002. When I finally faced myself through starting to actually work a program and doing the hard work then for myself, the acceptance of the person I had been and was hit me like a ton of bricks.

I was sitting in our downstairs studying when the pieces clicked. First time I had cried in years. This was a new start to the old nESRE. Not that I became perfect or anything. I came back to life! It gave me the stregth to go back after many years and actually make apologies and ammends to people I hurt in the past. The obsession for alcohol disapeared. It was a start to defining new boundaries.

Real feelings in myself, self care (which was foreign to me) feelings for the people around me.

Empathy had returned.

I pray for all of our healing. Including the woman who is helping him to rip my heart out.

Your a mighty big person for that. Remember we forgive others when we are ready-Not to let them off the hook-It is to let us off the hook.

Hope this helps a little.

nESRE

M 29 yrs
DS 28 DD 18
Me 53 FWH FBS
MTA signed 5/11/2011
D final 5/16/2011

Free.... and going wherever the big guy wants me to go......
R
R
I feel extremely guilty when I think of my pain

...if you had a broken arm and someone
else had a broken leg, which one of you needs care? (Both!)

Married 10 years

his:
DD 32, 29, 28
mine:
DS 18, DD 15
ours:
DS 8, DD 5
L
L
A question for anyone.......

I STILL have this numb feeling that stays with me 24/7 since the day my husband left. No matter what I do, I cannot shake it. I feel like I'm just going through the motions, just trying to survive. Even on my really good days, if I stop for one second, I know it's there. Is this normal after he's been gone for 8 months? It's been 10 months since he asked for the divorce.

When I try to get to the "root" of that numb feeling, I always seem to come back to my thoughts of "I can't believe he hurt me like this AGAIN". I guess I'm just still in shock that someone can be that cruel, to anyone.

I'm still in shock

MJ you have answered your own question. You are still in shock. What have you read about post traumatic stress disorder? You have to be kind and gentle to yourself. The pain really does fade and you will know you are the other side when you are grateful to the latest OW for getting you out of what was a really bad place. It was someone on MB who pointed this out to me. You are still at the stage of being angry. Give it time.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
C
C
Just as L_T_A said MJ.

PTSD is a very common thing that happens to us all, but here many of the injured understand it as it relates to adultry crap.

I am depressed, but thats just because my anger is turned inward, and my misguided passion for loving a very messed up woman has nothing to focus on anymore. All during her issues, I worked while being sick myself, because thats what I had to do, physically ill or not, someone had to be the adult.

But its surprising what you can get used to, and now my life has changed, and I am filling it with new things, slowly but surely. No running out to "fix", anything, because I know theres nothing to fix really, just my POV and maintain what is allready good.

With what is happening with DD, you are bound to be numb, but this too shall pass. Just keep doing the positive activities and being around good supportive friends, in time, yeah i know, crappy time, you will feel better, and its is because you are doing better also.

Count yourself lucky that he is gone and someone elses problem now, and you can concentrate on DD without his interferance, and just hang in there, let the shock fade, and do as much rich and fufilling activities as you can, between reflections.

(((MJ)))

S
S
Originally Posted by lied_to_again
[quote=MyJourney]

MJ you have answered your own question. You are still in shock. What have you read about post traumatic stress disorder? You have to be kind and gentle to yourself. The pain really does fade and you will know you are the other side when you are grateful to the latest OW for getting you out of what was a really bad place. It was someone on MB who pointed this out to me. You are still at the stage of being angry. Give it time.

This.

When I first found out about my now XH's affair and got him out of the house I was definitely in shock. I went from 138 pounds to 112 pounds in about 6 weeks! I couldn't eat. My neighbor all but spoon fed me during that time or I think I might have died. However, at some point within about 3 months, I made the decision that I had to survive because a)I wanted to go on and have a happylife and b)my son needed/needs me.

So I took definite steps. I rested a lot, I laid out at my neighbor's pool nearly every day, I read for fun. Eventually I gained some weight back. I focused on my son.

I wish I had not stopped exercising during that time.....still haven't got back to running after 2 years! And I wish I had focused more on my spirituality and giving to others.

Just a few thots for you to toss around.

M
OP Offline
M
Of course its normal!
It is quite a traumatic thing to go through!

The other stuff going on with other people you love doesn't make it less traumatic and unfortunately it can eclipse all other emotions.

You love your child and can't help that you have this huge thing to deal with in conjunction with her trauma.

Thanks Reading. I was just wondering if I should be further along in my healing, so good to hear you feel it's all normal.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2013149&page=1

After a 4 yr FR, it became CLEAR to me of what you can look for in a FR. And that is the absence of POJA, and/or if your spouse tramples on your boundaries. If someone is not willing to do POJA with you, and they don't respect your boundaries, imo, the relationship is doomed.
M
OP Offline
M
Am keeping you, your DD and the doctors in the prayers.

Thank you very much nESRE. There's comfort in that.

OH-OH pick me. I'm an anyone-Too bad your stuck

That made me smile. Thanks for that.

I am going through that somewhat now. At times I just put one foot in front of the other and do the next or right thing. I have started to mix in some fun to relax. Instead of being a "Human Doing" I am shooting for a little "Human Being".

Same here. I know how difficult it can be to just put one foot in front of the other, mindlessly. Sorry you have to experience this too. Having others share their experience hleps me to feel more normal.

Sit and enjoy your own company with a book and a cup of your favorite. Take an afternoon nap if you feel like it. Be your own best friend. Fantasize about the boat you may get down the road. Its OK.

I do. I just wished that this heaviness would just go away so I can enjoy life to the fullest. I'm trying....

I was so wrapped up in being a husband, a father, and a provider for so long and after this battle the roles have changed. It takes time to fit into a new life. That is up to me to create a new life. The reality of the whole D process thows a person off. D was not a n experience of life education I wanted.

Yeah. I definitely feel thrown off. Letting go of the role of his wife has it's good points, and bad points. My new role is to just be a loving individual. I can do that. Even though I'm not directly loving my stbx, I am indirectly loving him by taking care of the woman, and the kids, he claimed to love before.

em�pa�thy   /ˈɛmpəθi/ Show Spelled
[em-puh-thee] Show IPA

�noun
1. the intellectual identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.

Addicts and waywards have trouble with this and the ability to empathize with other human beings. Even loved ones close to them. The ability not to have empathy can linger a long time especially if the person is not working any type of recovery program be it for addictions or M.

During our FR, stbx admitted to not having empathy for me, but he could for other people. Maybe it's because I demanded the change we both needed, and he resented me for that.

From my experience this occured to me maybe somewhere in 2002. When I finally faced myself through starting to actually work a program and doing the hard work then for myself, the acceptance of the person I had been and was hit me like a ton of bricks.

I was sitting in our downstairs studying when the pieces clicked. First time I had cried in years. This was a new start to the old nESRE. Not that I became perfect or anything. I came back to life! It gave me the stregth to go back after many years and actually make apologies and ammends to people I hurt in the past. The obsession for alcohol disapeared. It was a start to defining new boundaries.

Real feelings in myself, self care (which was foreign to me) feelings for the people around me.

Empathy had returned.

About 15 yrs ago, when stbx started AA, and quit drinking, he made a list of amends he needed to do. I was not included in that list, and he had cheated on me prior to that. I suppose he wasn't, and isn't, working the program since he left out the one person he did so much damage to with his addiction. What a fake he is.

Your a mighty big person for that. Remember we forgive others when we are ready-Not to let them off the hook-It is to let us off the hook.

Not exactly. I'm trying to forgive them for selfish reasons. If they heal, maybe she will stop feeding off my husband, and vice versa. Maybe they will make amends to me. Either way, I win.

Hope this helps a little.

It did. Thank you. I really like hearing from you because you've been working the program, and have insight into an alcoholic's mind.

Last edited by MyJourney; 07/07/11 12:59 PM.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

M
OP Offline
M
...if you had a broken arm and someone
else had a broken leg, which one of you needs care? (Both!)

Thank you for that Raindown.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

M
OP Offline
M
MJ you have answered your own question. You are still in shock. What have you read about post traumatic stress disorder?

Yeah, I guess I did. I keep forgetting that PTSD is REAL. Here's one side effect of PTSD from Wikipedia....should've known....

C: Persistent avoidance and emotional numbing. This involves a sufficient level of:

avoidance of stimuli associated with the trauma, such as certain thoughts or feelings, or talking about the event(s);
avoidance of behaviors, places, or people that might lead to distressing memories;
inability to recall major parts of the trauma(s), or decreased involvement in significant life activities;
decreased capacity (down to complete inability) to feel certain feelings;
an expectation that one's future will be somehow constrained in ways not normal to other people.

*End of Wiki article. You can find the whole article here....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptsd

I have everyone of the symptoms of PTSD. I do need to be kind to myself while I heal.

The pain really does fade and you will know you are the other side when you are grateful to the latest OW for getting you out of what was a really bad place.

Funny....I felt that way about my first wayward husband's affair partner, whom he has been married to ever since. Only their marriage is not good. Not good at all. I have the inside scoop on that. He is still very much wayward.

I suppose that one day I feel the same again about my present husband and his adultery partner. In some ways, I do feel that way already.

You are still at the stage of being angry.

Yes, my anger is turned inward though.

Thank you for your insight.

Last edited by MyJourney; 07/08/11 07:31 PM.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

M
OP Offline
M
Have to go back to work now. Will finish responding later today, I hope. I have another appointment with my attorney in a few minutes, then plans from 5:30-9:30pm tonight. It's going to be a looong day.

Thank you to all who helped me today. It did help.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

C
C
Originally Posted by nesre

This is what is escaping you ATM MJ. Just being happy in your own skin, not needing to do anything, and not needing a distraction. It is also what many people need here, and with myself, very much what is happening.

When in 1987 my wifes alcohol addiction binges had increased to a dangerous point, one of the greatest reasons I seperated from her as that I could feel how she was dragging me down with her. This was not what I signed up for, and not good for the children, and the mental sickness that was increased by her addiction was starting to effect me to the point it was time to get away, so at least my children would have one healthy parent left.

I threw myself into self-care, martial arts, diabetic cooking, meditation, and the belief that life would get better, away from her treatment, and totally messed up belief system. This was just before my turn to "The Dark side" as I explained awhile back, and did not have the kind of support like on this board, as a matter of fact she had plenty of people in her church come around to help me get right, because hey, I was sinning right? I was married right? Everything was my fault, even her lieing and drinking and cheating. I say belief system, because it was manipulative in its nature. She professed to be a Christian, but as the scripture says

2 Timothy 3:4-6
King James Version (KJV)

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

She was a victim also to those lusts, and tried to use God to fufill them. I finally saw through it. If Christ died on the cross to set us free, and you profess to be His follower and gain all your strength from him, he had conquered drinking also. I firmly saw what she had become part of, and how she was trying to go around what she needed to in order to not change, or become honest with who she was, and what she did to everybody else.

2 Peter 2:18-20
King James Version (KJV)

18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Let me say that it works both ways also, and when you put a massive amount of hope in someone for the future, and there is little or no evidence of them changing, you set yourself up for failure. Thats where I find myself now, having believed that what she needed, and what I needed, was to throw ourselves into her church, where she would eventually "get it", and deal with reality. But it was a waste of time except for what I heard from the pulpit scriptures from the word, and understood more that way. Gods word can be used by many to promote themselves, and that was what she was all about. I knew that from the begining, and expected some real help from her church, but in the end was let down.

So in the end I was right at first, she didn't ever really love me, she couldn't, she didn't have the ability, even though she did have the capacity, to understand, that just because you have not felt something, does not mean it doesn't exist.

The whole SAA board is filled with waywards that all seem to have the same playbook. Yes the circumstances and players may be a little different than ours but most all seem to follow the playbook.

Yes it is

I was so wrapped up in being a husband, a father, and a provider for so long and after this battle the roles have changed. It takes time to fit into a new life. That is up to me to create a new life. The reality of the whole D process thows a person off. D was not a n experience of life education I wanted

I hear you on that NERSE, I put myself in the "suffering servant marytr" role for so long, I forgot how to be alone, waiting for something to happen that I had allways had the ability to change, waiting for a miracle, has put me back in the cycle of guilt and shame, along with thinking to much about the past and what I did wrong. For that reason I have a therapist, not because they can do the change for me, but so that I have a solid grounding point to guide me as time goes on. Its time to build a new life, and I forgot what that means, because for so long it has meant fixing a past problem, and I have been pushing my health, and getting up and working, with all the crap I had buried for so long in my subconciuos.

You can be thankful that hes gone MJ, so now you can just work on MJ, and care for your family, as STBXH has to deal with the results of his idiocy, and you don't have to be part of it. The numbness fades, in time you become more aware of life being good, in ways you don't realize yet MJ. As a matter of fact, it will be new and better, and better also because its new and built on wisdom from the past. You really can't rush these revelations, but they just come, and you recognize them, as they bring in hope and peace. Again time will bring them and you can't rush it.

[quote] QUOTE-Dr. Harley

LOVEBUSTERS PAGE 248
Those with a history of addiction usually have a difficult time learning to be thoughtful.

The self-centeredness they perfect as addicts stays with them even when they've overcome the addiction.

What looks like thoughtfulness often turns out to be manipulation----they appear to be thoughtful to get their way.

True thoughtfulness accommodates the feelings of others for their sake.

It is a willingness to give up behavior that is offensive to others and create new and appealing behavior.

You create romantic love when you do something that is deeply appreciated. I'ts preserved when you avoid behavior that is deeply resented.

I really can't expound on what Dr H said here, it is so true. I found that after my W stopped drinking, she hadn't changed what made her tick, her need for life to be the way she wanted it, and the fact that she would "hold her breath till she turned blue and make everybody sorry" if she didn't get it. Most everything she did was a form of manipulation, and when she was called on it from Church freinds or anybody else, she would lose them quickly.

Its no surprise that someone who also was quick to say, "how tough thier life was", was the one who got her into heavy drugs in the end. Yes misery loves company. That woman is on the street hooking now and was allways jealous of my wives looks, and when Wife was straight, and counseling her, trying to be her "Savior" by showing her the promises of God, how she told me at one time later,"I never got the whole God thing anyways".

Late W allways had a connection to people who felt sorry for themselves, and understood thier bitterness issues, because she had them also, and had not purged them from herself as a source of motivation completely. Even though warned by people who knew her, W would spend time with this dipwad, and when the time was right, the snake struck. But I can't blame her for W being a target either, and it was within her that she related to this girl. Even when she was counselling her, it was about someday having a house, controlling her husband, and showing everybody who had ever hurt her she won. Without those things W had nothing to offer this girl, if she could only have seen it was all that the girl wanted anyways. Maybe it would have helped her too. And yeah, I told her many times, let her work it out and let God have his way, you aren't Jesus.

But that was her whole purpose, and she would hold her breath untill she turned blue, as we would nurse her back to health over and over again, forgiving her, giving her a place to live, and she would go right back to where she was. Oh it was "Gods work" dontcha know, I guess that is where I love the saying, "God save us from our would be saviors", being alone with God seems to be working for me, I don't need thier interpetation of what God wants me to do as much as how much God loves me. " If you loved me you would get me a house, plastic surgery and take care of all my issues with my past family, and......." Yeah, and as soon as there was a little more money around, she started doing drugs, DAy-um.

So I went on again sorry MJ. If you can see that STBXH's mental and emotional issues and thier effect on you will fade in time, as his issues are not in your face anymore, you can see that you will have to give it time. You are remaining active, doing healthy things, seeing a therapist, believing in the promises of God,(They are real), and taking time to relax, meditate, and empty your mind right? Don't stop until you've chased all the ghosts away. You don't have anything to prove to God, he loves you right where you are.

STBXH had issues and would not change what he wanted and fight fair. NeRse hit the nail on the head, they have no empathy for others. Sympathy they have, for themselves or others like them, because they understand that, but Empathy requires us to get outside of ourselves, and more emotional maturity.

Thanks for this post Nerse, it helped me also to set some things clear. Trying to MAKE myself forgive for years was foolish, I wont do that again.

F
F
Hi MJ, I haven't been on here in a little while, but I've been catching up with your thread and wanted to let you know that you and your daughter are both in my prayers.

There are so many wonderful people here and some of the things they've said to you are so heartwarming and loving that it makes me glad that I found my way here, even though the reason for coming was not anything I would have wished.

I especially like CP's comment

Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
If you can see that STBXH's mental and emotional issues and thier effect on you will fade in time, as his issues are not in your face anymore, you can see that you will have to give it time. You are remaining active, doing healthy things, seeing a therapist, believing in the promises of God,(They are real), and taking time to relax, meditate, and empty your mind right? Don't stop until you've chased all the ghosts away. You don't have anything to prove to God, he loves you right where you are.
Even though I have a lot to deal with these days, I keep in front of me these same ideas. Things DO get better, and the images in the rear-view mirror continue to get smaller and smaller, until they are no longer visible to us.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
C
C
Thx Fred missed you but glad you are busy. God Bless.

F
F
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
Thx Fred missed you but glad you are busy. God Bless.
I wish it was the "earning a living" kind of busy, CP, but I'll update on my thread when I have news to report.

End of t/j

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
M
OP Offline
M
I'm truly sorry I haven't responded to all the thoughtful posts.

I've been busy, depressed, physically and emotionally hurting. I think all of the upset I feel over the abandonment, the new OW in my H's life and they're sleeping together, to the divorce, and lately...the fight over the finances, I think I've become physically ill.

I'm having problems with the house as well. Specifically a large plumbing problem. Today, when I informed stbx about it, he offered to take over the house if I left. Great. He can sleep with the other woman in my house.

The thought of me staying here is mixed. I do not want to leave my home, but at the same time it's way more house than I need. I don't want a roomate. Yet, I don't want him to carry on his affair either. Soon....I'm sure I won't give a hoot what he does with her, or where he does it. The lovebank has been draining non stop. I honestly think I just have this capacity for love and compassion, that I can love even him, even in the slightest. Some day, it'll be nice to share that with someone who it won't be wasted on.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

M
OP Offline
M
Ok...BIG NEWS.

I was working on my last post, almost finished with it, when I received a phone call from none other than stbx's OW's husband. I was on the phone with him for a little over a 1/2 hr I believe, maybe longer.

A few months ago, when I found out about the OW, I started trying to contact her husband, to find out if they were divorced, or separated, or what, because I couldn't find any divorce papers in any of the county records here. I had no idea if he was another BH just sitting at home wondering why his marriage was falling apart. At that time, I couldn't locate a number for him, and I gave up, because I had given up on the marriage too. But for some strange reason, out of the blue, I put his name into the google toolbar again today, and found him, right away. I left a message on his answering machine at work, and he called me back just a little while ago.

I told him about this site, he may come here at some point. It sounded like he was interested in it. I do not know if it was a good thing to tell him or not, because they are separated, and divorcing I found out, and BH and OW are still "friends", and he cares for her still, is my impression.

I guess it doesn't really matter if he finds me here. When I exposed my serial cheating husband to the OW, I gave her the link to my story here. I knew she wasn't going to want to listen to me, so I gave her the link. I never would have done that if I had wanted to fight for this marriage. I wanted to warn OW about stbx. Bassackwards I know, but I wished that someone had told me my stbx was cheating on me before I married him. I wanted to warn her. Sure, I'll admit that it wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest if my exposure broke up their affair, I welcomed it, but that would have just been icing on the cake.

Of course, through the OW's husband, I found out that when I exposed to her kids and her, stbx told OW that I was just being "mean and vindictive". I bet stbx felt that way. We all know how waywards react, by demonizing the spouse, when they're exposed. They will say anything to justify their behavior. When I exposed to her kids, the son gave my exposure note to his dad, the BH. The BH told OW about it. Apparently OW told stbx about it, and that's when stbx started demonizing me. OW told BH, "that stbx is changed man". Hahahaha.....really? Is that why he's having an affair with her?

Since stbx was cheating on his past gfs before me, was cheating on me EARLY into our dating, during our engagement, and many times throughout the marriage, (which I didn't find out about until d-year), I don't think stbx can "blame me" for his cheating. I think I was able to get that point across to BH.

OW is so enamored by stbx's narcissistic charms, that she must be completely in denial thinking that stbx loves her so much, he won't cheat on her! lol....and I guarantee you that stbx probably thinks he's so in lurve with OW, that he won't cheat on her either. Lol...yeah he's a changed man alright.

BH seems to think they're marriage failed for other reasons, which he gave me, but I won't share here, out of respect for BH. But what I find EXTREMELY INTERESTING is that the OW and my stbx moved out of our houses at the SAME TIME. BH and I have been under the impression that they met at the new agey church. Now I wonder. Stbx has studying that A.C.I.M. book for the past two years. He could have possibly met her, and they found that church TOGETHER. Who knows. Seems a little too coincidental for me. I think I'd like to know the real story, but it won't really change anything for me, except to confirm my suspicions, since stbx had been distant for awhile, again, before he left this last time.

A few months ago, when I found out about the OW, I started trying to contact her husband, to find out if they were divorced, or separted, or what, because I couldn't find any divorce papers in any of the county records here. I had no idea if he was another BH just sitting at home wondering why his marriage was falling apart.

BH and I are having drinks soon. He sounds like a really nice guy.

Last edited by MyJourney; 07/08/11 08:07 PM.

D-yr fall 06-fall 07
Separated 10/2010

Formerly "Mopey".

C
C
.The lovebank has been draining non stop. I honestly think I just have this capacity for love and compassion, that I can love even him, even in the slightest. Some day, it'll be nice to share that with someone who it won't be wasted on.

Hey MJ,
I know just how you feel. I too think I have that capacity, and I still love my idiot wife. No surprise though, after I stayed for so long.

Just know yourself, and knowing that about yourself is a great thing, and in the future it is certain you will have the right person to share that with.

But remember, what you are describing is a gift, that you have for yourself first, as a connection to what love is, and you do not have to worry, it will not go away, and you don't have to prove it either. You are fine alone as your will be with someone, and as you have learned, who that someone is will be someone who earns it also.

I am sure you are going through something today, and with all that is going on lately, it is bound to wear on you. It could have something to do with your emotions, and could make you sick. Can you go visit DD or you DS and put your head on thier lap? No need to talk or worry them, just get some comfort from their presence?

Or read the good book, something comforting, simple and not to challanging. Or meditate untill your mind is empty and you fall asleep.

This is probably a reaction to your love bank being emptied, and being so used to loving someone, and feeling lost. In my case it resulted in a lost of passion for just about anything, depression, reason for work, yup, I became a basket case. Its not right, or fair, to me or anyone, but its something I have to deal with in time, and time works wonders.

Now as far as your stbxh wanting to move in, Hah! Cold day in He11! Give yourself some time to think about it, and consider a single girl, seriuos good colledge student as a roomie, or talk to a rental agent to see if they can help you.

Now about the plumbing, your screwed, lol. Nah just get DS to look at it and handle it.

Hang in there MJ us MB peoples are gonna have a par-tay someday and all encourage each other. Cooper, REO, and any other retro bands allowed.

C
C
Well lol, problem solved

Page 28 of 32 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation