Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 59 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 58 59
R
R
Originally Posted by mehr
I am tempted to write the other woman on facebook.... tell me why I shouldn't.... sigh.... I feel like I want to do something.... you know?

You shouldn't cause at this juncture it would fuel their relationship. It would be them against you even more. You would be shooting yourself in the foot. You don't need THAT.
She knows lots of things that you want to tell her already anyway (that she is blanking another woman's H, that your kids are now in a fractured family, that your H isn't really a catch.....she knows that deep inside somewhere).

Protect yourself legally, be above reproach as a woman and step out of the way of the mess your WH is in. Have nothing to do with it or OW.

I do think that your H is the issue here. He has a lot of stuff to work out inside him.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by HerPapaBear
Listen, I don't know where you guys heard its easy to win an alienation of affection or that there is money of it, that is not what I was told. I literally was trying to figure out how to pay my house payment this month and thinking who I should ask for a loan. I am not going to file an alienation of affection suit if my lawyer doesn't recommend it.

Its up to prayer now.

Mehr,

Not all attorneys are created equal. Some barely got by in law school and some excelled. The same is true when they start a law practice..... some barely get by and some excell.

I recommend that if you live in a fault state that you ask your attorney to pursue a AOA suit. He may look at you funny or may jump on it, but the reaction you get bac from hime will tell you a great deal about his intentions in this case. If he is an attorney that is just interested in mediating through the divorce process, he will look at you funny when you suggest an AOA suit. If he is looking out for your interests and is an attorney that loves to win, he will jump on it with enthusiasm.

Again, not all attorneys are created equal!

If your hope is still to delay the divorce and help facilitate an end to the affair, then you need to be willing to take extraordinary steps legally and apply pressure to the affair by any means possible, otherwise you will see a mediated end to your marriage. This may even require a need to file a bankruptcy prior to the divorce becoming final as another delay tactic.

You must be willing to employ "The Art Of War" as a mindset along with prayer. You are afterall in a battle for your family and it is a battle for their hearts and souls too.

You must take the lead, even with attorney's.... They sometimes forget a family is at stake here and are willing to just mediate it all away. frown

I wish you well!

In an AOA suit you have to prove that the breakup really was the new person and that things were great before. I can say that 2010 was a rough year for us, I agree with readin gthat its mainly him... I know that sounds horrible... but here I was struggling along trying to keep up with 4 kids, and what he mainly did was lay in bed until it was time to go to work (he worked evenings) complaining he is tired despite having slept all night while I took care of the baby and then sleeping most of the morning since he worked the evening, and of course, he would complain there wasn't enough sex, we were both exhausted, it was a HARD year.

And of course now that we are getting to where we could all get more sleep and sex and such, he is gone.

I really don't think I could win an alienation of affection suit.

My main way that I can apply pressure to the affair right now is through MONEY.... his dad said the other day that my husband said he doesn't have any money right now so he cant give us any (my in laws are asking him for $$ I didn't ask them to, but they are)...

If he thinks he doesn't have money NOW....

I am praying hard for justice on August 11th at the court date for support. That will affect things greatly. The kids and I need the money, and the more I get from him the less he has for the affair.

I hae no idea what happens with divorces. Can any of you tell me? I am supposed to respond by tomorrow, I assume the lawyer is taking care of that. I don't know how you respond? I assume you don't just say "no thanks" ? wink But.... is there a way I can drag out the divorce to take as long as possible?

I know that my money issues are ugly. However, we are not near bankruptcy. We are very old fashioned with money and have no debt except for the house, and one student loan (his). To declare bankruptcy we would have to not pay the bills for a while. It isn't at that point now... and I hope it doesn't get there.

Debt is evil and I always avoid it.

By the way this is my second lawyer because I didnt think the first one wanted to help me.

Last edited by mehr; 07/07/11 11:38 PM.

Married 1/2000.
D-Day 3/7/11. WH moved in with OW and they married in 2013.
Single mom of 4.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by reading
I am tempted to write the other woman on facebook.... tell me why I shouldn't.... sigh.... I feel like I want to do something.... you know?

You shouldn't cause at this juncture it would fuel their relationship. It would be them against you even more.

Thank you I needed to hear this.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

R
R
Mehr,

I don't remember if you're in the States or Canada, but if you are in the states, please look into the "displaced homemaker" program for various types of assistance through that program. Esp since you have no financial support at this time and you are waiting on a CS hearing. A few years ago, there was $$$ for gas vouchers and other necessities for displaced homemakers. I'm not sure what's available in the current economic crisis, but please consider speaking to someone (knowledgeable) in financial aid at your school or you can go online and find out what your state offers.

I understand your wanting to follow the atty's advice with AoA. In so many states and provinces, there is no fault for A. The family and financials just get divided in half and everyone is expected to move forward as if nothing happened. My state is like that.

Keep on doing that dark plan b. That's the best thing you can do right now.

Live, love, and laugh because the best is yet to come!
N
N
An OW should get only two pieces of communication: a copy of the PBL, and an original of the NC letter. Anything else is a waste of time.

Don't wrestle with a pig. You get muddy, and it makes the pig happy.

(Apologies to pigs.)

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
H
H
I really don't think I could win an alienation of affection suit.

With all due respect to you, I think you're missing the point on this.

Your attorney can pursue this AOA regardless of whether you can win or not. Your attorney needs to know that your goal is to bring an end to the affair and to restore your M. He may jump on it easily and actually enjoy filing it. The costs to you may be minimal or may be nothing at all, but you won't know unless you ask, will you smile

The AOA will cause the OW to need to lawer up and will cost her a great deal of money just to seek counsel..... This will COST her.... Finally something that will get in HER back pocket and cause stress in her schedule....

The best part is after she lawers up and spends some time and money, you can always drop the case prior to depositions if your attorney thinks it's a waste of time at that point. But just filing is VERY inexpensive.... Ain't that beautiful!!!

It's all about "The Art Of War" smile

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
N
N
AND she will know that she has to get up on the stand, swear to testify to tell the truth, and then be GRILLED about her hoe-ness.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
So a couple weeks ago, WH deposited a trite amount into my account. Then today he deposited the same amount. It appears that is how much he thinks he will be paying me. It is ridiculously low!!! I pray he is wrong. I can't wait for that court date and I pray for justice.... I can't believe all that he is putting us through.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Every time I start thinking about the money in particular, I start really hating him. I have no way to care for everyone, there is no job I can get that would offset the cost of childcare, and he seems to think he will be giving me just this small amount. I can see what he's calculating from, it would be the 40% child support based on the smallest amount he makes, when he gets no overtime. But he makes WELL OVER that on a regular basis because he gets overtime, he gets holidays, he told me originally he would never take the money because it would hurt the kids and now he is putting me in this position where I can't care for anyone frown

I am hoping to get alimony AND child support, and it'd be even nicer if he would pay half of my child care costs.

Last edited by mehr; 07/08/11 02:31 PM.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I just got off the phone with my lawyer. She said i will most likely get backdated child support to when I filed, and that they take into account what he has made on a regular basis over the past few years so even if he cuts back his hours in an attempt to pay a lower amount, it won't work. Stuff like that. I hope that court day is a day of reckoning when he actually has to face what he is doing. I think this trite amount of "support" is part of his fantasy. He thinks he will just have to pay this small amount, keep the rest for himself and his new life, and everything will be great.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

J
J
Hang in there Mehr,
This is why there are courts of law to make people accountable for their actions.
When is the court date, soon?
People who have affairs live in the fantasy world, they really don't do the math or figure out the details of their lives, they are usually the ones that lose the most.....
wait it out Mehr........
stay dark when the s**t hits the fan.
jessi

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
H
H
Mehr,
Your WS is dreaming.
He will be paying a % for each child which adds up significantly, potential alimony (at least 3 years or up when you finsih your degree)
1/2 of all medical costs on top of the CS for each child including braces
Paying insurance for the children if you don't have any.

Hang tight till the case and try to get by with the little he gives you because he will have to pay back support from when papers are served.

You can't argue with a wayward because they have no soul when going through this. Be still and pray.

It will work out.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
N
N
{{{{{Mehr}}}}} Keep us posted how this works out in court. I pray the judge will rule in your favor.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
I
I
Loving your thread, only half way through, but feel a lot of similarities between my WH and yours.

It gave me some much need Plan B strength yesterday and today.

My WH was hostile and aggressive too, also the stuff about him being quite blatant was also there. After exosure he cried one time I knew he wasnt there, I was listening in on a VAR.

The most striking similarity for me though, was yours rolling ver to sleep when you confronted. Mine did the same, I was aghast as I hadnt been able to sleep in days.

Just wanted to say think you are amazing!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
mehr Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Our 4 year old daughter has been waking at night and screaming and kicking the wall and yelling things like "I want daddy to come home!!!!" ... and "I don't want other kids to use our daddy!!!" she is not doing very well and I need to get her in counseling.

I am going to have the IM inform him about how our daughter is doing. He needs to hear it, even if he denies it, because he seems to think this is all just a fun playdate and the kids like her.

Married 1/2000.
Single mom of 4.

L
L
Oh, mehr, I'm so sorry about your children. I don't post much to your thread, but I always keep up with your situation. You're about my daughter's age and your children are about the same ages as my grandchildren, so I think of your situation as though it was my daughter. Absolutely heart-breaking.

Please don't imagine that your WH is going to be too moved by the information about your 4-year-old. It's unimaginable how terribly self-centered waywards become. He is likely to think you're making it all up. Maybe not, but don't get your hopes up that it will change anything.

Do you have parents or family nearby who you could either move in with or gets lots of emotional and familial support through this? I just can't imagine trying to get through this on my own, especially with the difficulty the children are having. Not everyone has great parents but it might be worth considering. If it was my daughter, I'd want her very near by to give lots of support and love, even though it's not the same as having Daddy.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
P
P
Our 4 year old daughter has been waking at night and screaming and kicking the wall and yelling things like "I want daddy to come home!!!!" ... and "I don't want other kids to use our daddy!!!" she is not doing very well and I need to get her in counseling.

I am going to have the IM inform him about how our daughter is doing. He needs to hear it, even if he denies it, because he seems to think this is all just a fun playdate and the kids like her.

I'm sorry your baby girl is hurting. I don't think you should relay this message through your IM because you are setting yourself up for more disappointment. Even if he responds, YOU shouldn't be told what he says. That's why you're in Plan B. If anything, I would comfort her as best as you can, document it, and try to get her some counseling through the United Way or some other organization.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
H
H
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

I'm sorry your baby girl is hurting. I don't think you should relay this message through your IM because you are setting yourself up for more disappointment. Even if he responds, YOU shouldn't be told what he says. That's why you're in Plan B. If anything, I would comfort her as best as you can, document it, and try to get her some counseling through the United Way or some other organization.

I agree with PM 100%

DO NOT tell wayward husband ANYTHING going on in your home. If he is as whacked as I was, he will document it as way to establish your inability to parent these children and may even attempt to fight you for custody as a result.

Most attempts to reason with a wayward will backfire, they are whacked while wayward!

Stay Dark, No Communication will have better results than anything else you can think of.

Recovery began 10/07;

H
H
Mehr,

From what I can see of your Plan B..... It's not dark enough!

You are still allowing your wayward husband and his AP to control your emotions. The desired outcome of Plan B is to level out the emotional rollercoaster and give you some peace.

You will need this time of peace to draw from in the very near future regardless of whether your wayward husband returns to the marriage or not.

I'm truly sorry your little ones are struggling so....

Recovery began 10/07;

H
H
Mehr, hate to say I agree with the others. When my DD was having all kinds of issues and taking her to a counselor, I thought XH would be horrified and jump in.

Instead he whined a little and never went to see the counselor like what was suggested and out of that therapy DD decided she did not want to see XH.

Because your daughter is 4 and that your DD is on his insurance I would have the IM inform him that your daughter will be going to a counselor, therapist or family clinic with no explanation. If he asks why give him the phone number of the facility you are using. Let him figure it out.

And don't listen to any counselor who will tell you to accept the OW to make it easier for D. Find a Christian counselor who will build her faith.

Blessings

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
Page 46 of 59 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation