Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2530475 07/24/11 10:48 PM
U
unseen2 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Hi all,

Been a over a year now since the last fiasco of a relaionship ended. I took the advice that many here gave me. I have not been in a relationship at all, just working on me.

I feel better than I have in a long time, I am ok with being alone now. My other issues (PTSD) are getting better. I'm not done working on me but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...for once its not a train.

Just wanted to thank everyone for your help!

Jason

Finally Healing working towards the day when I can be a good partner, and choose someone good for me.

Most Current relationship ended with her cheating and kicking me out on the streets.

2 PA 1999 w/ IA.

1 EA 2002.

IA & PA 2003/2004. (while I was deployed and brought the bast*** around my boy)

Thinking is easy, action is difficult; to act in accordance with one's thoughts is the most difficult thing in the world.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
unseen2 #2530745 07/25/11 05:23 PM
J
J
Hi Jason,

Keep working on the PTSD and on yourself. You will be a much happier man when you are done.

Just out of curiosity do you get to see your son at all? I hope my memory is right, been a long time and I am getting older.

God Bless,

JL

U
unseen2 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
JL,

She won't let me see her kids, but I get to see my boy every weekend!

It has been a long time huh...10 plus years since I first posted here. Good to hear from you

Jason

Finally Healing working towards the day when I can be a good partner, and choose someone good for me.

Most Current relationship ended with her cheating and kicking me out on the streets.

2 PA 1999 w/ IA.

1 EA 2002.

Thinking is easy, action is difficult; to act in accordance with one's thoughts is the most difficult thing in the world.
unseen2 #2530767 07/25/11 06:09 PM
U
unseen2 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
My money situation is getting better so i'll be able to afford to drive and try and see the other kiddo's...we'll see

Jason

2 PA 1999 w/ IA.

1 EA 2002.

U
unseen2 Offline OP
OP Offline
U
The PTSD is gonna be a lifetime thing, I've been going to the VA 2 days a week. Things are better, I'm un-medicated now and not a complete basket case. I decided to take a medication vacation for a while to see how my body reacts.

IT was getting to the point where I felt nothing...no anger, no joy, i just got sick of that. For the most part the "experiment" is working well.

At some point I think I'll need to take something, but not like I was. I like having passion for things again.

anyway... ttyl

Jason

2 PA 1999 w/ IA.

1 EA 2002.

unseen2 #2531012 07/26/11 02:13 PM
J
J
Jason,

You and I have been talking for a long time. SEveral deployments, two women, kids, PTSD, the works. Amazing what happens in 12 years isn't it?

It is wonderful to hear that you are getting a handle on the PTSD. It is difficult to beat, but perhaps as time goes on and you gain confidence in yourself, get your finances back on track, and learn how to better handle things (which you seem to be doing), you will finally have a life that will bring you great joy.

Young man, you have a lot of life ahead of you, do your best to enjoy it.

God Bless,

JL

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 932 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation