Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Fred_in_VA #2533103 08/04/11 08:58 AM
C
C
based on the info provided i looked for the files - the 'newest' one is from Dec 2010 - so not of any use ;(

I tried a 30 day free trial version of OxygenForensic but it does not capture any deleted texts. Justis on the phone right now.

That is all I want to be able to 'find' - deleted texts. I have access to the phone but only for 5-10 min at at time. I can and do look at it often and WS knows it so if he is still in contact he is very very careful to delete msgs quickly.... and by now I'd think that I'd find something but because I'm not finding anything either there isn't any texts, or they have a set 'time/date' for doing it and thus he knows when to look for them, or they are using a different method to communicate. It was all via email or text before D-Day.... I have eblaster running and don't see anything via PC either... so not sure what else to try???

I looked at iBackupBot but it too needs the iPhone files and since I can't find any for this year it would not help. the 'sticks' mentioned don't seem to work on our network/phones.... Telus or Bell in Canada so i'm out of ideas. Does anyone have any other suggestions for recovering texts on an iPhone (3GS)?

N
N
Do you have access to the online account for your cell provider? I know with AT&T here in the states, I can see all the text messages that were sent/received. Can't see the contents of the messages, but can see the dates and times and what numbers they were sent to. That would at least provide a baseline for the amount of texting going on and show what numbers are being texted the most.

BH (Me)-30
FWW (BostonLover)-29
Married 7/2004
D-Day 14&16 Feb, 2011
Starting Recovery
nelsonak #2533108 08/04/11 09:25 AM
N
N
The only way you can recover any deleted messages that haven't been synced back to a computer is a full forensic analysis with data recovery on the phone. It is usually costly and time consuming. That assumes the memory the messages occupied hasn't been overwritten with new data.

BH (Me)-30
FWW (BostonLover)-29
Married 7/2004
D-Day 14&16 Feb, 2011
Starting Recovery
nelsonak #2537322 08/22/11 09:04 AM
C
C
Hi nelsonak,

yes I have access to the online account but it only shows 'data' or 'text' in the details - so doesn't show what number sent the text or who it was received from ;( so useless.

but looks like the phone might be synced more often to a PC I also have access to. Will the files you referred to earlier on the PC show deleted texts? and if so once I find the 'file' you mentioned how do I open it or view it?

R
R
The data written to the backup for iphone 4 is encrypted,and without the password I can't see a way past that. If the data is not encrypted it seems easy to access all the text messages that were on the phone when it was sych'd to itunes. I unencrypted my phone, backed it up to Itunes and then could access all my messages using a program called decipher text message

R_Mbarara #2539463 08/30/11 02:54 PM
C
C
how did you unencrypt it?

SugarCane #2609415 03/25/12 01:18 PM
M
M
bump

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

SugarCane #2698096 01/14/13 08:12 AM
M
M
Well I think I found the files but its all jibberish and I can't translate it.

makesense #2715151 03/25/13 01:41 PM
T
T
This is very interesting, I need to read every single post from everybody and get my hands on his computer and his iphone. Going on 10yrs of marriage and just found out (Feb 15,2013) he has been talking to two different girls since December. So far I found 2 pictures from one girl. He has been talking to her for about 30 hrs each month and texting the other one closed to 1000 texts a month

P
P
Originally Posted by trusty_no_more
This is very interesting, I need to read every single post from everybody and get my hands on his computer and his iphone. Going on 10yrs of marriage and just found out (Feb 15,2013) he has been talking to two different girls since December. So far I found 2 pictures from one girl. He has been talking to her for about 30 hrs each month and texting the other one closed to 1000 texts a month

Start a thread on the Surviving An Affair forum. You will get a lot of help.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation