Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
Many of us say that our wayward spouses act as if they have been abducted by aliens and that their brains seem to be scrambled or fogged up. You see, they're high on an affair and they simply do not act, think, walk, or talk like their old selves. They have mutated because of the crazy affair hormones, into the WAYWARD STATE.

Many years back, my son watched MIB. He was about five or six at the time. But after watching the movie, he came into the kitchen where I was cooking and announced, "I know what is wrong with daddy! Mommy, daddy gots an ALIEN BODY now!" And it made sense to my son. He looked like his dad, well sort of (he was mid 30's dressing suddenly like a 20 yr old rock star), and he didn't act like his dad or talk like his dad. He had become A WAYWARD DAD.

See if this resonates with you, as it seemed to make total sense to my son:

Last edited by peachyisback; 08/20/11 07:20 PM.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
E
OP Offline
E
Yea, I remember THAT day well. My then dropping off my son to me after his visitation with him.

Although in plan B, I got distracted and accidentally saw my xwh at the door.

My then wh was ceo of a company, and formerly a very conservative and sharp dresser. Think how a President might dress. He always looked great. Looked sharp.

But my eyes at the door met a man wearing ripped up designer jeans. Some sort of shiny, black and white striped silk shirt unbuttoned a few buttons at top. Spikey hair all gelled up. And some wierd bug-lookin' sunglasses. He looked like Bono on a bender.

My son says, "Lookee at daddy. Mommy look at his shirt. He looks like a zee-bah! (zebra)."

I replied that yes, daddy does look like a zebra. I then walked downstairs, totally broke plan B and said, "Wow you're ALL DRESSED UP. Where are you goin' dressed like THIS?"

His response: "WE are going to see Lenny Kravitz and Pink in concert."

I looked out to his new luxury car and saw sitting in the passenger seat his then 20 something mistress, aka Family Values, my nickname for her.

I replied to him, "Well how nice ofyou to take the babysitter out to a concert! Make sure you return her back to her parents by 10 pm ok?"

After seeing his dad suddenly morph into this crazy man, my son watched that movie and decided daddy had been abducted by aliens. dance2

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
B
B
I told my WW (Before I knew she was wandering)for over a year that "I just want my Wife back, where did my Wife go?"

My DD would ask me "Where's my Mom? That looks like my Mom but that's not my Mom, I just want my Mom back!"

I would reply "I know Honey, I just want my wife back!"

BH(Me)= 55
WW(Her)=43
DD=24 (My step-daughter, been raising her since the age of 8, SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!)
Married=13 yrs
Together=16.5 yrs
THIS IS MY STORY
WW moved out of the home = May 1,2011
D-Day=July 4, 2011
Dear Wife: I'm COMPLETELY CRAZY about you!.....as of Aug-2012 forget that last part....Good Luck to you and GOODBYE!!
"Mourn the woman she was. Know the woman she is."
E
OP Offline
E
Too true Bill. Everybody knows their brain is scrambled. I just wanted (then) my wh home from the mothership!

Now I am glad he's been taken far, far away. Kinda like the beginning of the star wars saga!

I
I
You get the prize for the best wayward nickname btw peachy!!!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
P
One of the best "pod people" movies of all time.
Scary as hell.

N
N
Invaders From Mars always scared me to death and my HH reminded me of that movie while in the A. I always wanted to check the back of his neck to see if he'd been aducted!

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
C
C
Many of us say that our wayward spouses act as if they have been abducted by aliens and that their brains seem to be scrambled or fogged up.

Peachy, I think you're on to my WH, he even admits that "You and I are coming from totally different places right now"... yes, WH is on Planet Wayward, and I am grounded in reality on Earth!

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
C
C
And another clue he is now an alien.
Me prior to D Day: "Other couples work through problems in a marriage, we can too".
WH: "Caracal, I am not just an ordinary person"!!!

Oooh boy, this is the funniest I have remembered all day, though at the time I was like WTH???

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
T
T
One of my favs from Plonker was:

lots of men have another woman they see, the wife knows and nothing is said, why can't you just accept that one person cannot meet all of anothers needs?

Alien

and from a man who loved me, wanted me, and has always been a softy, gentle loving man:

as he was on his way out to see her:

What are you going to do? Sit there and shake?

Nice!

Yep he was an alien, glad he's back!

Me 50
WH 52
WH in A 6 yrs in total, last 5 yrs JGF (Not!)
DD final 1.12.10
NC letter sent 3.12.10

Working at being the best I can be, the rest is up to you.

He is still a plonker, but he is my plonker!
T
T
My Ex went...

"Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs."

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
E
OP Offline
E
@Indie..feel free to borrow another name "from the dark side". I like "Count Dooku". Hilarious name, but another Star Wars evil character who went over to the dark side.

Here's some other characters you can feel free to use when naming your wayward alien!

Darth Maul
Asajj Ventress (a mean mean chick, could be a ww or an ow)
Count Dooku (this is a funny name, I like it!)
General Grievous
General Palpatine (if the affair is aging him prematurely)
Jabba the Hut (maybe if being w/the ow got him a bit bigger)

Last edited by peachyisback; 08/22/11 08:56 PM.

K
K
Grievous isn't really fair, he was mutilated and "engineered" and filled with things they put into him to...

...you know what, Grievous is perfect.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
E
OP Offline
E
I still like "count dooku". Dooku sounds like dookie to me!

K
K
Yeah, it sort of does.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 565 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation