Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2537823 08/23/11 08:29 PM
T
OP Offline
T
At what point does flirtation become an EA?

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
M
M
Originally Posted by TryingEverything
Can you give us more information? Flirtation is never acceptable. Flirtation is a covert invitation to escalating a friendship to something more.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
TE - where are you going with this?

E
E
When you KNOW it is a flirtation. Simple as that. When you LOOK FORWARD TO OR ENJOY a whole lot attention from a member of the opposite sex. When you find yourself dressing nicer or looking or smelling good for that person.

When you deliberately align yourself with that other person, desiring contact ALONE with them, no matter where it is.

Even if you desire that, or begin any of this, it's a prelude to an affair. Next comes the heavy flirting, and after that your integrity and reputation fly out the door because we know what comes next.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
M
M
What has me concerned is an EA usually means someone that is married or in a committed relationship is involved.

Flirting is usually associated with two single folks trying to court each other.

Recently you posted about how upset you were that you WxW was on vacation with her OM and you wanted to expose. Are your feelings going to through an emotional rollercoaster with her still? How are you feeling today about your WxW?

Your divorce is still fresh and your wounds are still open. My suggestion would be to Plan B your WxW and go very dark. This will heal your wounds enough to start to see other women in a better light. Where your bar for those women is much higher than the level of your current WxW.

Are you feeling vulnerable to a married woman or woman that is unavailable to you?

Last edited by itistoughlove; 08/24/11 06:10 AM.
S
S
Are you feeling vulnerable to a married woman or woman that is unavailable to you?

This is VERY important, as we don't want you to become an OM.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Originally Posted by TryingEverything

Either one is profoundly offensive, isn't it?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by itistoughlove
Are your feelings going to through an emotional rollercoaster with her still? How are you feeling today about your WxW?

I feel angry and disappointed and baffled. Unfortunately, I think about the affair/divorce/narcissism/destruction/loss all the time.

My suggestion would be to Plan B your WxW and go very dark.

I no longer speak verbally to Ex. If we do have to communicate about the kids, I use email. The logistics of a very dark Plan B are very difficult with the kids and the short sale of our home still pending. But I'm trying to be as dark as possible.

No. I do flirt with women. None of whom are married, and none of the flirtations have escalated into "feelings." And to be quite honest, I don't feel that I can let myself have feelings for any woman at this point.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
T
OP Offline
T
Because this is becoming mostly about me, I'll continue this conversation on my main thread.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
Divorced 3/23/2011

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation