Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
Finally free but at a great cost- cry. I picked a really bad lawyer while he paid for a shark.

He cheated, walked out on me and our child. He supported his GFs while I tried to maintain what I could while working with a vindictive supervisor. My employment is what kept us covered with health/dental/vision til I was fired for not meeting performance measurements.

When he filed, he and his lawyer came up with whacked visitation schedule where he had our child bouncing between residences every other day. We had court date regarding parenting plan but never went before judge-I now find out that not contesting it (my lawyer had another appointment and didn't ask for continuance) laid groundwork for equal custody. (he chose to move in with OW #1 who resided over an hour away and finally moved back closer to home once he filed to give pretense of being closer/involved with our child).

He only made 1st/2nd mortgage payments and if I wouldn't agree to his demands, he'd put the responsibility of our child onto me. Once I was fired, tried to get temporary support but bc he had all his expenses and due to paying 1st/2nd mortgage-judge couldn't make him pay more than he already was without putting him in hardship.

Meanwhile his lawyer nitpicks responses, my lawyer doesn't make issue of his recreational drug use,His BFF getting busted for being caught in process of manufacturing meth, intimidation tactics, while he and his lawyer smear me in court to point that judge became biased against me. I finally settled because if I continued to fight and had gone in front of the judge to let him decide on our case, I may have lost custody or less than equal time.

(These last 3 years have been hell) He kept his debt, I got our joint debt, his lawyer made it sound like I was earning big bucks and just sitting back and trying to get him to pay on top of my earnings. When I have found employment it has been short term and I have been fortunate to make enough to cover necessities.

Judge ordered us to switch residences and I couldn't even afford rent on the place/still can't. My credit continues to sink because I can't make payment on unsecured debt and just manage to make car/rent/ins payments. Day of our settlement agreement, he bought a car-month later he moves OW2/GF into house and our paperwork hadn't even been submitted to court bc his lawyer took another look at what was agreed to and did what could to renege/drag out-so STBX is getting mad that I and new lawyer dragging out and "he's moved on"

Yet he plead poverty and asked that for possession of the house so that it could be sold because he couldn't afford to make mortgage and rent payments. I wanted to fight due to his moving GF and having DD in house at same time-but don't have money and also didn't want to run risk of going in front of biased judge and being worse off with "fair settlement agreement".

So Divorce is now final and he continues to try to circumvent visitation and undermine my parental authority. He actually brought GF to DD pediatrician appointment. He is such a JA-smirked bc he knew I wanted to address but wouldn't in front of DD-GF was the one that spoke up to the doctor when now EX was the one that made the appointment! I wouldn't have known if the email hadn't gone to me originally banghead

I despise him and that I have to deal with someone who continues to disrespect and disregard me. I shudder inwardly when DD has said "she wants to marry daddy" and pray that she doesn't meet up with someone like him when she starts dating/looking to marry. pray

Last edited by MBSeasons; 08/28/11 09:35 AM. Reason: Editing into paragraphs for easier reading.

BS-42
WH-44
DD-7
M-21 years
DD-9/26/08
He filed for divorce 10/2009
No longer w/OW #1 02/10
OW #2 06/2010??
Settlement Agreement 05/11
Divorce Finalized 08/2011

M
M
Welcome to Marriage Builders, dazed9379. Is there a specific concern or question that you have for our posters?

mbseasons@aol.com
D
OP Offline
D
Yes. How does one manage to keep it together when NC is not an option due to having child/children together?

Example-DD has been diagnosed as having ADHD/ADD-have always relayed info to XH about DD. I decided to not give meds on weekends/one due to giving a break in the week and stretching meds further since I was having to get and XH would rather spend on his lifestyle rather than needs of DD(now that has changed to he'll spend $$ on toys/DVDS/Games). I checked with doctor's nurse regarding this and was told parent's choice regarding weekends and summer. XH never said yea or nay-however now that DD is back in school, dosage has been increased and decided to go back to 7 days. XH basically stated it was BS that I was medicating instead of handling DD. He again offered to take our child if I couldn't handle her-his response most of the time.

I really resist from reacting but it is also hard not to when XH would rather turn over his parental responsibilities to GF and yet continue to try undermine me.

BS-42
WH-44
DD-7
M-21 years
DD-9/26/08
He filed for divorce 10/2009
No longer w/OW #1 02/10
OW #2 06/2010??
Settlement Agreement 05/11
Divorce Finalized 08/2011

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 441 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation