Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 64 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 63 64
P
P
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Cut out stem portion of tomatoes. Slice tomatoes in half horizontally. Turn juicy side up in baking pan. Mix grated parmesan cheese, olive oil, oregano, and pepper into a fairly thick paste. (Hint: Make more than you think you'll need.) Spread over tomato halves - use it ALL up. Put in oven (nominally 400 degrees for 15 minutes, but the meatloaf was in at 350, so I left the tomatoes in for roughly 20 minutes.)

(Damn it! My estrogen alarm just went off! I have to leave now and tear down a lawnmower engine before I start giving you pointers on place settings.........)
rotflmao now dat's funny!

I saw your tomato recipe earlier and got hunger pangs. I'm so stealing that one. I'm like the character Cecelia Foote in "The Help" when it comes to cooking. Thanks for the tip!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
.(Damn it! My estrogen alarm just went off! I have to leave now and tear down a lawnmower engine before I start giving you pointers on place settings.........)

Serve from the left, take out spark plug with a 5/8 socket, and chill the wine...

M
M
(Damn it! My estrogen alarm just went off! I have to leave now and tear down a lawnmower engine before I start giving you pointers on place settings.........)
Whaaaat? And leave me standing here with my best linens and Grandmother's sterling? How ever will I know where to place the fish knife???

Last edited by maritalbliss; 09/07/11 07:41 PM.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

V
V
Wait - there's something called a fish knife? doh2

Last edited by Mrs_Vanilla; 09/07/11 09:05 PM.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
M
M
Originally Posted by Mrs_Vanilla
Wait - there's something called a fish knife? doh2
Oh, yeah. A fish knife. And where's NG? Out in the garage, getting grit and WD40 under his nails and making those 'guy-grunt' sounds while he tears a perfectly good mower apart.

I suppose you won't have time to post your opposum compote recipe either, then, NG? laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009

N
N
How ever will I know where to place the fish knife???

Right about now I wish someone would stick it between my shoulder blades! grumble

K
K
What did I have for dinner?

A burger drenched in A-1 sauce. laugh

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
C
OP Offline
C

I wouldn't worry about it. All the famous chefs in the world are men. So cooking in and of itself isn't a feminine activity -- but cooking without getting paid big bucks for it might be!

N
N
but cooking without getting paid big bucks for it might be (a feminine activity)

Well, as it turns out, the appreciations shown by my bride for my fairly new culinary forays have....emphasized.....our gender differences quite deliciously! blush

M
M
Originally Posted by karmasrose
What did I have for dinner?

A burger drenched in A-1 sauce. laugh

My kinda girl!! rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
The suggestion that cooking is a feminine pursuit and not appropriate for men makes me blanch.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
Originally Posted by markos
The suggestion that cooking is a feminine pursuit and not appropriate for men makes me blanch.

rotflmao

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
Originally Posted by markos

The best cook I've ever known (aka Markos) is a man (last I checked).

You haven't lived until you've had Markos' Risotto laugh

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

N
N
Actually, it was less the idea of discussing cooking, than it was by the four-or-five-females-plus-me format that had me unnerved, like I woke up sitting on the couch, on "The View"!
[Linked Image from blogcdn.com]

C
OP Offline
C
Last night: Chicken with Creamy Dijon Mustard Sauce, barley, arugula salad. It was amazing.

N
N
Today being my birthday,

[Linked Image from shopcreativegifts.com]

last night my bride prepared my favorite dinner:
roast chicken, stuffing, and boiled juilienned carrots.

And for dessert, a homemade blueberry cheesecake.

Life is good.........

M
M
Happy Birthday, my yankee devil friend!!

[Linked Image from webgraffiti.it]

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
Happy BDay mr neverguesseo

Me 56 Former BS
Widowed 5-17-09 --married 25 years.
4 children
DS-35 previous marriage--18-22 DGrandSons 6 and 4
Me former BS
DD-29 with DGDs 5 and 1yr
DSs 26 and 23
Teilhard de Chardin..“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” ...Sounds about right to me.
M
M
Happy B-Day, NG! Here, I got you a little something:
[Linked Image from ts1.mm.bing.net] It'll keep your clothes tidy when you're working on those particularly messy sauces.

No need to thank me - you deserve it! grin

D-Day 2-10-2009

P
P
rotflmao rotflmao Thanks MB, first time I've LOL'd all day!

Page 10 of 64 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ian T), 1,134 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation