Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2546964 09/23/11 10:27 PM
Z
OP Offline
Z
Wow. It's been a long time since I've posted on this board. I am here over 3 years ago seeking advice to save my marriage. The time has flown since I finally decided to end the marriage. I am in a way better place now.

I found out recently my ex-husband is getting married to the woman he had the affair with. Well, I guess I wasn't shocked. He was able to get our marriage annulled in the catholic church, so I figured there was a reason why he did it.

I thought I would be upset or angry about it, but I really wasn't. My mother is way more angry about the injustice!

I am actually happy and relieved that he has been able to move on and maybe found some closure. I lived with guilt for sometime after I finally ended because I thought I had ruined his life.

Anyway, I am doing well. I am now in a relationship with a wonderful man. I am truly in a happy place.

I never thanked the people like MelodyLane and catperson and many others who were guiding lights in my darkest days. This place was really a godsend. I'm so grateful that this place existed when I needed.

WW(me)-44
WH-49
Together 10 yrs
M 4 yrs
N
N
Welcome back zoraziyal.

I'm glad it's with good news this time of your personal recovery.

Stick around and post! We have plenty of people here that need your message and knowledge. This is not a "marriage-at-all-cots" place. "Success" is sometimes your personal recovery & success and the ability to see a bright future.

Congratulations on the new relationship and wishing you all the happiness you deserve!

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
M
M
This is not a "marriage-at-all-cots" place.
Nerlycrzy is right. I don't think I've ever seen someone suggest that a married person get into any cot other than their own. rotflmao

Sorry, Nerly - I couldn't resist. laugh

Seriously, zoraziyal, if you're in a good place now and are happy, please share your recovery story with us!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

N
N
Sorry, Nerly - I couldn't resist.

crybabyWHY don't we have Spell-Check??

rotflmao

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
Z
OP Offline
Z
Originally Posted by Nerlycrzy
Welcome back zoraziyal.

I'm glad it's with good news this time of your personal recovery.

Stick around and post! We have plenty of people here that need your message and knowledge. This is not a "marriage-at-all-cots" place. "Success" is sometimes your personal recovery & success and the ability to see a bright future.

Congratulations on the new relationship and wishing you all the happiness you deserve!

Thanks! That's my plan.

I think this place is great, because it does try to teach you skills to be in a relationship. Any kind of relationship really. Though I didn't save my marriage, I do hope that I can provide some insight to people who are currently struggling with the same thing.

WW(me)-44
WH-49
Together 10 yrs
M 4 yrs
T
T
hurray glad you are in a good place

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 672 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation