Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
I
OP Offline
I
Yes. I am still here. I almost did something stupid to myself last year but I am OK now. I found an awesome job with higher pay and no travel in my same hometown. I am home every night now. Me and my kids are happy but she still says she is not sure about us. She told me she is happy that I no longer check on her phone usage like I am a "stalker". She admitted to "flirting" and doing "cyber stuff" with different guys on line even now. The guy from GA supposedly dropped her cold.. She said I am boring. I am confused with what I need to do. I have a feeling she is still talking to OM or perhaps another dude. She is still there pretending to be wife and mother. I still have not added her back to my bank checking account. She is like a promiscuous college roommate, but the mother of my children. This is so messed up since we are all still living together as a family.

C
C
Is she not committed to recovery? If not, I would go into plan B

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
I
OP Offline
I
I recommended this site, our church pastor, and private counselors. I still have her under my my health insurance so its all covered at little or no cost. The problem is she wont go..

I
OP Offline
I
She said she cannot answer my questions about recovery.

N
N
She is still there pretending to be wife and mother....She is like a promiscuous college roommate, but the mother of my children. This is so messed up since we are all still living together as a family.

(Philosophical aside : Well, yet another modern female buys into the "it takes a village" nonsense so fully that she abandons any pretext of attending to her primary biological imperative - seeing to the support of her progeny, even at the cost of "enduring" a lifestyle that imposes discipline and rigor when "adventure" and "excitement" seem more attractive! Thank you, Big Brother!)

So, IAD, after a year (a YEAR!) of this nonsense, what have we learned? Well, we've learned that WW will be content being "married" (See my ring? See my kids?) without being in a "marriage" as long as she has the ability to audition your eventual replacement cyber-erotically. We have also learned that your diffident approach to demanding respect and decent behavior stands no chance of surviving her displeasure. (Note to self: Start a study listing the differences between a "stalker" and a righteously active husband.)

So having determined that you have no intent on enforcing moral action by WW, and seeing no reason why she sould give up her serial infidelities, what do YOU want/plan to do?

Your choices are:

1) Start fighting, effectively and ruthlessly. Sorry, don't see this happening.
2) Lawyer up, dissolve sham of a marriage.
3) Endure the current situation

O
O
Iamdown2010 I just wanted to post and say that your story really got to me and that it made me realize that if someone who has gone through as much as you can still be with your wife and still be trying them perhaps I moved to fast and really should give it another shot my wife and I have been attempting reconciliation for a week now I won't bore you with the details but I think it might work out I'm only posting here to say thank you your story really Showed me how to put pride aside in the name of family you are a brave man and you deserve a lot better than what you're getting from your wife whatever decision you decide to make divorce reconciliation I wish you the best And i just wanted to say good luck.

Last edited by oldmittens; 09/30/11 12:13 AM.

Me 39 BH
Her 41 WW 2y A with FBF
A started 05/09
OC born 2/10
DNA test 15/08/11
DDs 14and16
DDay 02/07/11
DDay2 22/07/11
I agree to try to work on the marriage 26/09/11
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 437 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation