Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
M
M
Hi ElCamino!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

E
OP Offline
E
Hi Melody!

Rizos and I were talking about you today. Nice to see you are still running a tight ship around here :-)

--ElCamino72

M
M
heheheeeee...

How is that crazy Irish chick?? grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

E
OP Offline
E
Those Irish chicks are nuts. At least she's been wearing her hair curly so I haven't killed any blow drivers lately smile

How are things in the great state of Texas?

M
M
Hi, ElCamino! It's good to see you around!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
A
A
ElCamino,

It is good to read you here again. I remember you well from the MB weekend. There is no way I could forget 3 below zero weather in MN. Glad to hear the business and DDs are doing well.

Do you still work any MB plan? My H and I still chart our UA time. We are on week 83 and found it made a significant difference in our feelings.

AM

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
E
OP Offline
E
Hey markos. It's nice to read you.

armymama, let's say that the memories of that MB weekend are always going to be frozen in our minds. I'm glad that you've made progress. We aren't working any MB plan. Right now the situation is plan RM (roommate). There wasn't much left for me to give after last year's fallout.

--ElCamino72

S
S
EC,

Good to hear from you again! Glad things are working out in VA.

Sorry that you haven't been able to move forward in your recovery, don't know what to say.

I remember when you left you had reached you limit and pretty much shut down. Rizzos seemed distraught and wanted to anything necessary to get on the recovery path. Has she slowed down, or have you just never been able to turn the switch back on again?

It's important to resolve this at some point. Plan RM isn't fair for anyone.

P
P
Especially your kids.

I am curious why you are still together if you are not following any plan of recovery.

Are you still open to recovery?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by schtoop
EC,
Has she slowed down, or have you just never been able to turn the switch back on again?

Hi schtoop, thanks for stopping by. I hope things are well on your side.

After our break down last year, I couldn't find a reason to turn the switch back on. It got to a point where I had it with the continued IB and lack of openess. I just didn't feel that the right conditions existed for me to commit. Too much squeeze for too little juice.

Regards

--ElCamino72

E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted by Prisca
Especially your kids.

I am curious why you are still together if you are not following any plan of recovery.

Are you still open to recovery?
Prisca

I agree, there is nothing fair about this situation. It's a pick your poison type of scenario. I guess the main reason we're still together is that status quo creates the less amount inconvinience for everybody.

I wouldn't completely rule out me opening up to recovery. However, as of now, it may very well fall under the miracles category.

--ElCamino72

A
A
ElCamino,

Do you have caring love in your household? Do you still have a hope for romantic love?

When things were bad in our house, I still cared about my H. And one time, we talked about dissolving the marriage. But we both still had hope that we could fashion the marriage into something wonderful for both of us. Our vision for the end of our marriage was/is one of being really elderly, walking hand in hand and dying in each other's arms, totally in love.

We agreed that the MB program offered the best chance of that. We follow the program without deviation. If we wander even the tiniest bit, we re-direct and get back on the MB track. Our status now is that H is in love with me and usually, normally, almost always, I am in love with H.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation