Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
After two years of hell, the last of my legal battles have ended. For now. I've settled with my less then fabulous lawyer and have successfully sued my ex for failure to obey court order regarding child support, etc. No check yet, but it's a start.

Two years ago I was on food stamps, without a job, fighting for my kids and miserable while he began his happy life with OW. Two years later, I have the house and the kids. I have 3 jobs and earn a good living and don't need the money he isn't paying. He knocked up and married the mistress, moved all in with his mother, lost his job, and he and her are in SERIOUS financial and legal trouble for what seems like a train wreck of a life. I am tired but fulfilled. Still angry but having the best time of my life. Wish I could spend more time with the kids I have full custody of, but a single working mom struggles with that so I've made my peace with it.

Just wanted to pass on that it does get better. The worst time of your life can be temporary. Hang in there all. Brighter futures lie ahead.

S
S
Proud of you !!!!!!

hurray hurray hurray

Got to nice to have control of your destiny

Me BS 54
XWW 51 Divorce final 1/9/12
DS26 DS24 Twin DD's22 Married 29years
D-dates No1 01/2007, No2 08/2008(ongoing)
M
M
You have NO idea how much I needed to read this.

1. Because you are thriving! YAY!

2. Because I LOVE and NEED to hear KARMA stories right now.

POS quit his job (where he and OW worked), we moved 1500 miles away from OW/OC, and by golly, one year later he moved OW/OC, her 2 COM's, HERE and in with HIM (he moved out in Feb. 2011) and hired her to work at his new company.

I expect some of the very things you mention above (about your ex) to befall my POS stbx VERY shortly.

I am so proud that you have conquered and are doing so well. Keep up the good work (and feel free to share KARMA stories anytime grin).

Last edited by Migs; 10/05/11 07:55 PM.

Me: BS age 35
POS-eX-the SORRIEST, CRUELEST, LOWLY WAYWARD SCUMBAG out there
Married 14.5 years, together almost 16
DDay: 7-5-09
OC born: 7-23-09
no COM: tried 6 years frown
D filed 5/05/2011
D final 11/10/11
I was gaslighted for 2 years.

"You were not built for a safe story. Take risks and feel what it is like to actually be brave. It's worth it." Carlos Whittaker
C
C
Yay FPM..

Hoping you have some great times with the kids this holiday season dance2

O
O
I'm glad you have persevered FPM. I'm particularly glad to see your children have someone in their life with integrity and resolve to make the best of a bad situation in the face of calamity. This lesson will stay with them forever, even if their father has abandoned them in so many ways.

opt

Me: 43 y.o. BFWH, D-day 11/11/09 (NC since 9/01)
Divorce from WW final 9/16/10.
Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Mine: S(16), D(11)
NatureGirls: S(23), D(21)
Another EA Story
C
C
Oh FPM, this was just what I needed to read today... not only a story of karma for a WH and OW, but that the BW is thriving. Karma for the BS is even better then karma for the WS.

So stand back and avoid the train wreck at all costs... but I know I would indulge in a little smirk here or there!

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
F
OP Offline
F
Thanks all! I remembered hearing Karma stories on here and practically envisioned my own. Not so much about him, but about me. I knew when I finally got to a good place I would share too. Hope you all are beginning that vision of a better time for YOU. While it seems to go on forever, it can turn around pretty quickly in the end if you are determined.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,183 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation