Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
OP Offline
F
To all of you responders, lurkers and otherwise:

I am the WW who is out of my affair for several weeks. Each day under our belt with NC helps more and more ! Less fog. More real.

We signed up for Marriage Builders online program and did our first assignment yesterday !

I am telling my husband every single day how thankful I am for a second chance. He is the man I want. I am so thankful that he still wants me too.

I am telling my husband every single day that I am sorry. He needs to hear it.

I am standing up and meeting him at the door with a smile when he gets home. This might sound like a silly thing to post, but it means something to us. It's DOING something.

I feel like we have hope. I sure don't want to screw this up. We have a terribly long way to go, that is for sure, but at least we are moving in the right direction even if it is real slow. And real hard.

Just wanted to tell someone.

me: FWW/BW
Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
M
M
hurray Bravo to you for taking steps to turn your life around. It won't be long before you feel an amazing passion for your marriage. Just hang in there and it will come.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

F
OP Offline
F
Thank you MelodyLane. I want to hang on and hang in there. I will do what it takes to rebuild trust and love and healing. It is slow going, but joy will come. Just going one day at a time. We're still married and we're still a family.

Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
M
M
PSMF, I am in the same situation. I'm Mirrormirror's wife and have been lurking here (with his permission) reading some of the posts from FWW'S. Every morning , for me, is a miracle. Every smile from MM is treasured. I am his, body, mind, and soul, and will prove it, with every breath I take.

W
W
I am glad to hear that your husband has given you a second chance. Use this gift wisely:) I am happy to hear of WW who want to recovery and got the chance I never got. I wish you and your DH the best.

FWW?
no children
D-day Sept 2010
Divorced requested by BH Jan 2011
Separated Sept 2011
OW discovery Oct 2011
Divorced 2012
J
J
Originally Posted by PleaseSetMeFree
I am standing up and meeting him at the door with a smile when he gets home. This might sound like a silly thing to post, but it means something to us. It's DOING something.

Not silly at all. It shows you care for him more than whatever is happening at that time (TV, work, kids, etc). It was one of the biggest steps my wife made in meeting my ENs

BH: 46
FWW: 44
3 DD: 20,17,11
Married 24 years
PA/EA: 5/08
DDay: 6/08
NC: 8/08
Previous EA 1998 confessed 8/08
In Recovery
P
P
I feel like we have hope.

Yes, this is very hopeful because you have a PLAN for recovery!

We love couples who have a PLAN !

hurray

T
T
Good for you! NC for life. Never give in.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
F
OP Offline
F
The more time that goes by, the more I can see how ridiculous and irrational I was while in that A. YUCK. It sure looks ugly from this side of my very green yard.

We have a plan for recovery. We are sticking to the plan. The thought of ever going back to that old life makes me break out in a sweat.

Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
M
M
High five to you, PSMF! You're doing so well! hurray

Out of curiosity, how much UA time would you say you're getting each week? What do the two of you do?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

N
N
Very cool, PSMF.

F
OP Offline
F
Marital Bliss, we are going on walks (1 hour walks) most every night. We go out on a dinner date once a week. We went to the movies on Sat night. We spend time after the kids go to bed talking and now we are watching our MB seminar videos in the evenings. Do the MB videos count toward UA time or not ??? I wondered about that.

I would say we are spending about 12-15 hours so far plus some phone calls during the day which add to about 30 min daily.

My H has cancelled all travel with his job (he is in military...)which has really helped. He was gone so much that we really lived independent lives. Now we are meshing our lives back into one unit. Which is tough right now because we have been strangers in many ways but absolutely imperative.

Last edited by PleaseSetMeFree; 10/13/11 01:47 PM. Reason: I tried to write something in color but it didn't work so I edited

Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
F
OP Offline
F
Another thing I wanted to add is that I realize I "rewrote history" (which I read about in MB articles on this site)to make my marriage and husband seem worse than they actually were. I realize I did this to justify my A in my mind, to make it easier to participate in. Of course, that was just another form of lying.

In reality, I had a pretty good marriage and a pretty great husband. I risked everything good in my life for NOTHING. Ouch. That is hard to write.

I had 3 D-days because I never ended contact until my H exposed to OMW. I wouldn't take you veterans advice until then, and I'm sorry about that. (2x4's welcome). But I'm still here, and I'm coming to my senses.

I don't know how to add my information (ages, kids, D-days etc) under the line like most of you have. I would like to do that so you know my history and info.

Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
F
OP Offline
F
sorry to keep posting--but maybe something I write can help another some day.

I just wanted to say that now I am really THANKFUL that my husband exposed the affair to OMW (which shut down affair instantly). I remember my H saying, "I love you too much to watch you go down this path of destruction. I will fight for you whether you want me to or not".

I was hopping mad that he exposed. But now I am RELIEVED. I struggled the whole year I was in the A--knowing how wrong it was but somehow couldn't get out of the web, or didn't want to. Wanted to be rescued from myself but wanted to stay addicted too...oh how sad to even write that.

Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
J
J
PSMF,

I think it's great you have come back to tell your story and your change of heart and mind, you surely will help others understand the mind of a wayward, I have to say you have one great guy there, I hope you know how lucky you are that he cared more about you than you did.
You have a second chance don't blow it.......
Spend the rest of your days making it up to that man.......
My WH has also come to realize that what having his affair almost cost him.
Remember it is very hard to be a BS, be patient and loving and don't make him doubt anything about what you do now..........
It's your turn to fight for him..........

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
S
S
PSMF,

I'm so glad to hear how MB is working for you. I love to see a WW work as hard as you have to earn that "F".

I may not be hip on how to do everything here but I can help you create a signature line (I just learned myself!).

When you are logged in, go to MY STUFF at the top of the page and hit EDIT PROFILE. Scroll down to signature and compose up to 500 characters.

Continued success to you!

me: bw, 50
he: wh, 51

m: 1990
sep: 2007

dd: 18
ds: 14
dd: 11

multiple affairs: two with past gf's, one email dalliance.
Too many d-days to count. First one 2/06. After all this time, it's still my fault.

I've had enough. Divorce in progress.
F
OP Offline
F
Thank you SC. I put the signature line in according to your directions and it worked !

Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
H
H
I am the WW who is out of my affair for several weeks. Each day under our belt with NC helps more and more ! Less fog. More real.

I agree!

I read your post a couple days ago and was quite proud of you...but, also, encouraged myself. Keep it up!

Last edited by heartfelt_1; 10/14/11 09:47 AM.

Me: WW
DH: BS
EA: 04/18/09 til
DDay: 06/30/10
NC letter: 09/13/11 (against DH's will)
2 lovely happy children

M
M
PSMF, you are one of the luckiest people here. If my wife had three D-days, she would be history. I can't decide if your husband is very wise, or very weak. Either way, I wish you the best.

F
OP Offline
F
You better believe I know I'm lucky. Blessed is a better word I think. We are in the "thick" of recovery right now. Doing all the online seminars, questionnaires and all the discussion that goes along with it. MM, it is my sincere desire that someday I will have "FWW" and "happily and thankfully recovered" in my sig line. We are uncovering junk and habits that have been in place for almost 17 years....tough stuff.
But we have a PLAN and we're sticking to it.
Any advice or criticism welcome.

Married 20 years, 4 kids
We made it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation