Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2553286 10/14/11 04:10 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Well folks, it's almost halloween, and while it's time to put out pumpkins and wear scary masks, sometimes the scariest mask of all is that mask worn by a wayward spouse.

They walk around and look like the person we knew. Talk like them (well when they're not ranting or demanding their way), but they have a dual side. There is the inner demon, the addiction within which has turned them into somebody else. This song, reminds me of the time period a few years ago, when my xwh turned into the person he is today...and the song was perfect for him.

He spiraled so far down, that he became almost a sub-human, if you can become one. Watch this video, and you will get it. The duality of the human state, when you allow the darkness of adultery into your life. It to me, clearly shows how adultery and addiction, or some monster from within, can turn you into a monster..or some kind of animal.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
B
B
Originally Posted by peachyisback
.....the scariest mask of all is that mask worn by a wayward spouse.
They walk around and look like the person we knew. Talk like them (well when they're not ranting or demanding their way), but they have a dual side. There is the inner demon....which has turned them into somebody else.
The duality of the human state, when you allow the darkness of adultery into your life. It to me, clearly shows how adultery and addiction, or some monster from within, can turn you into a monster..or some kind of animal.

I GET IT!!!
The "Fog" of the Waywards is one description.....but that video is an excellent GRAPHIC representation.
And Exposure.....is simply the REVEALING of the ANIMAL to those people who think they know your Wayward Spouse!!
Yes......I get it!!
Thanks Peachy.

BH(Me)= 55
WW(Her)=43
DD=24 (My step-daughter, been raising her since the age of 8, SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!)
Married=13 yrs
Together=16.5 yrs
THIS IS MY STORY
WW moved out of the home = May 1,2011
D-Day=July 4, 2011
Dear Wife: I'm COMPLETELY CRAZY about you!.....as of Aug-2012 forget that last part....Good Luck to you and GOODBYE!!
"Mourn the woman she was. Know the woman she is."
E
OP Offline
E
My xwh actually had, Bill, an almost demonic look to him when I'd see him at a sports event for my child. He was cheating on his affairage wife, and meaner than ever, and my child was actually afraid to go over to his home.

That video actually scared the poop out of me when I first saw it, and then the lyrics totally made sense. If you actually listen to the song, it explains how they are in a self-made hell of their own, how they can't control themselves.

The saddest thing ever was when my xwh was arrested and tried to kill himself in jail (a former ceo). It was around this time the song came out and I remember actually (and I was way post divorce and beyond feeling any sort of emotion for him except pity, definitely no residual feelings) falling on my knees praying to God that maybe my childs' father could hit rock bottom but not die.

They will throw their life away, into the gutter, and the descent will either be fast or slow. But it happens. To all unrepentant waywards. Sad, but true. They can choose to loose the animal within, but it would mean turning from the sin, and from the addiction.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
B
B
....the lyrics totally made sense. If you actually listen to the song, it explains how they are in a self-made hell of their own, how they can't control themselves.

THAT'S what scared me the most!

It was around this time the song came out and I remember actually...falling on my knees praying to God that maybe my childs' father could hit rock bottom but not die.

I've talked to God about that.....let my Wife hit bottom.....but not be physically injured.
You are NOT alone there!

They will throw their life away, into the gutter, and the descent will either be fast or slow. But it happens. To all unrepentant waywards. Sad, but true. They can choose to loose the animal within, but it would mean turning from the sin, and from the addiction.

And it means actually FACING that person that they see in the mirror!!!
I am shaking my head and shrugging my shoulders as I say this....."And my Wife is MAD at ME because I exposed HER AFFAIR!?!?!"

BH(Me)= 55
WW(Her)=43
DD=24 (My step-daughter, been raising her since the age of 8, SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!)
Married=13 yrs
Together=16.5 yrs
THIS IS MY STORY
D-Day=July 4, 2011
Dear Wife: I'm COMPLETELY CRAZY about you!.....as of Aug-2012 forget that last part....Good Luck to you and GOODBYE!!
C
C
Peachy,
I just watched the video and am virtually speechless. That is how I feel. I look in the mirror and try to see who I used to be and can't find her. I still see a demon. Every morning I wake up hoping I will survive the days "hell". That hell is my own mind/thoughts/feelings. I am my own worst enemy. But, yes, the addiction takes a hold of a wayward just like in that video. Thanks for posting it. It makes me feel like I'm not insane and that other people are suffering the same hell.....my husband's hell, however, is by far the worst kind of hell.
CT

Me: WW41
Hubby: BH40...My Amazing forgiving man (CharpyTest)
DD: 8 DS: 8 DD: 6
EA/PA: 3 years
May 25, 2011 (Formal NC letter sent)
Metallica King Nothing. (substitute Queen for a WW) Now there's a song for waywards.

B
B
"Animal I Have Become"

I can't escape this hell
So many times i've tried
But i'm still caged inside
Somebody get me through this nightmare
I can't control myself

So what if you can see the darkest side of me?
No one will ever change this animal I have become
Help me believe it's not the real me
Somebody help me tame this animal
(This animal, this animal)

I can't escape myself
(I can't escape myself)
So many times i've lied
(So many times i've lied)
But there's still rage inside
Somebody get me through this nightmare
I can't control myself

Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Somebody help me through this nightmare
I can't control myself
Somebody wake me from this nightmare
I can't escape this hell

(This animal, this animal, this animal, this animal, this animal, this animal, this animal)

Somebody help me tame this animal I have become
(This animal I have become)

BH(Me)= 55
WW(Her)=43
Married=13 yrs
Together=16.5 yrs
THIS IS MY STORY
D-Day=July 4, 2011
E
OP Offline
E
Very scary lyrics and video, but it is what it is. And the state of being wayward spreads to others..like the woman in the end.

To me, it reminded me of the day when the wayward wakes up, looks at the ow or om, EXITS THE FOG just long enough and realizes the affair partner is monster too, and decides to just run, run far away from it all, get away from that life.

H
H
Elements of "Nightmare" from Avenged Sevenfold fit;

Nightmare!
(Now your nightmare comes to life)

Dragged ya down below
Down to the devil's show
To be his guest forever
Peace of mind is less than never
Hate to twist your mind
But God ain't on your side
An old acquaintance severed
Burn the world your last endeavor

Flesh is burning
You can smell it in the air
Cause men like you have
Such easy soul to steal (steal)
So stand in line while
They ink numbers in your head
You're now a slave
Until the end of time here
Nothing stops the madness,
Burning, haunting, yearning
Pull the trigger

You should have known
The price of evil
And it hurts to know
That you belong here, yeah
Ooh, it's your [explicative deleted] nightmare

(While your nightmare comes to life)

Can't wake up and sweat
'Cause it ain't over yet
Still dancing with your demons
Victim of your own creation
Beyond the will to fight
Where all that's wrong is right
Where hate don't need a reason
Loathing self-assassination

You've been lied to
Just to rape you of your site
And now they have the nerve
To tell you how to feel (feel)
So sedated as they
Medicate your brain
And while you slowly
Go insane they tell ya
"Given with the best intentions
help you with your complications"

You should have known
The price of evil
And it hurts to know
No one to call
Everybody to fear
Your tragic fate is looking so clear, yeah

Fight
Not to fail
Not to fall
Or you'll end up like the others
Die
Die again
Drenched in sin
With no respect for another

Down
Feel the fire
Feel the hate
Your pain is what we desire
Lost
Hit the wall
Watch you crawl
Such a replaceable liar

And I know you hear their voices
Calling from above
And I know they may seem real
These signals of love
But our life's made up of choices
Some without appeal
They took for granted your soul
And it's ours now to steal

(As your nightmare comes to life)

You should have known
The price of evil
And it hurts to know
No one to call
Everybody to fear

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
H
H
*side note*

NGB and I watched A7X live with Saving Abel, Papa Roach, and Buckcherry in 2009.

Wasn't a huge fan at the time... and they weren't impressive showmen.

Papa Roach rocked "The Dome," and we left after about 3 songs in Buckcherry's set.

/shrug

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

H
H
Please pardon my slight lightheartedness...

As an aside, fellas... the wonderful and enlightened Biz Markie warned us about these scheming, scandalous women back in 1989.

No, he's not "Just a Friend."

E
E
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Elements of "Nightmare" from Avenged Sevenfold fit;
You should have known
The price of evil
And it hurts to know
No one to call
Everybody to fear

Very sad, very scary...unfortunately, very, very accurate. I hope some WSs out there can realize this and begin to earn their F. This is horrible, but the truth. Too many people are caught up in the "feel good" of it all. Good representation though.

BS-me
1 child

Matthew 5:44 (CEV)
"But I tell you to love your enemies and pray for anyone who mistreats you"
E
E
"just a friend" is hilarious!!! :-)

BS-me
1 child

Matthew 5:44 (CEV)
"But I tell you to love your enemies and pray for anyone who mistreats you"
R
R
not strong enough by apocalyptica featuring brent smith

gives good insight to a waywards mind

male 43 years old
married 9 years (might not make it to 10 years)
3 kids 1 from previous marraige 2 from current marriage
H
H
Originally Posted by Rouge1
not strong enough by apocalyptica featuring brent smith

gives good insight to a waywards mind

I quite felt this was MY mind, post D-day.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation