Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26
M
M
Originally Posted by MrAmazed
Kids are at my moms. Her mom was not happy at all and very supportive of me. I assume she doesn't want to face either parents smile

Cool! Just leave your kids there for now and tell your mom not to let her have them.

Like surfer said, prepare for Linda Blair! Just stay calm and tell her what we told you. It will blow over.

You are doing great!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Angry Outbursts

S
S
And yes!! Bravo, sir!!!!!

M
MrA Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Kids are at my moms. Her mom was not happy at all and very supportive of me. I assume she doesn't want to face either parents smile

Cool! Just leave your kids there for now and tell your mom not to let her have them.

Like surfer said, prepare for Linda Blair! Just stay calm and tell her what we told you. It will blow over.

You are doing great!!

Linda Blair - excuse my ignorance

S
S
Exorcist (movie) reference. smile

S
S
Amazed, do you have a voice recorder anywhere?

M
MrA Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Surfer88

Not yet. Plannin on getting gps unit. voice recorder for car??

M
M
I would agree that it's unlikely that she'll be in a hurry to face her in-laws. Just make sure they know that she is not to take the children from their home. You never know. Waywards have been known to do some pretty wacky things. crazy

My call: your WW will leave alone in a fury. She'll leave her DD with you because DD won't want to leave with her because DD will see that you are calm and stable, while her mother is spewing pea soup. She'll be back after she's blown out the steam. She'll still be wayward. Use the time while she's gone to make a list of requirements that she will have to meet in order to return to your home.

Make sure DD knows what's going on.

Stay the course. You're doing well.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

J
J
Mr A,
great job, the anger is expected, my husband actually said to me I put his OW in danger exposing, I said I think you did that, it was all I could do to not laugh.....
he said all the things your wife is saying, and he came around and understands why the exposure had to happen, you are doing great and don't let her scare you or threaten you, just a tactic, she has to pull out the amo to fight back, she and the OW are probably fighting already......just sit back and watch her world fall apart, she needs to hit the bottom........don't bail her out.......
hugs.....jessi

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
I
I
I dont wanna be with him now I dont want u either. U know me and your councelor advice will not work with me.

I love my girls and I NEVER thought talking to OM was more important than my girls- they are my life. Consider us divorced. I have NO love for u NONE

Methinks the lady protest too much...

So we need to figure out living arrangements. NOW

I do not want to see you or talk to you.

What did councel say Id be angry and then fall at you feet in love with u?

What an interesting statement, dontcha think?

I am not that type of person you know that. I have a large amt of hate for u. However I will not try to hurt you in the divorce proceedings....and yes I am keeping all my texts btwn you and I for future presentations. I want you to know I was fighting this battle in my mind...who do I love , who do I care about..

Fascinating. This battle is about to get a whole lot easier now she isnt locked in a dark room with her whisky bottle...

Well I dont know if you got that song this morning

You know, the one that was supposed to keep you quiet
before you set the bomb off,

She got THAT right

but that song made me realize what I was to you and vice versa...Now it means nothing and worthless in my heart. so go tell your councelor it didn;t work. Now what? Nothing. I don;t want us ever again.
END OF TXT MSGS

WAHHHHHHHmbulance

hurray

This is so great. Your exposure clearly hit the mark! She even describes it as a bomb that has hit the battle of her indecision!

OM GF was glad I called. she is getting her stuff out today. said he is extremely controlling and they have had on/off relationship for almost 2yrs. berates her son. I will not allow this man around my kids!!!

My, my. He sounds great. A man who surfs facebook looking for married women and is mean to his girlfriends kids.

I have high hopes that now your w is no longer easy hasslefree meat, he will drop her like a hot coal. She will then see just what his pretty words are really worth and the drug supply of admiration stops just like that.

Amazing work! You are now Mr Amazing-at exposure!

BTW,if she says 'counsel' and counsellor' any more tell her that you dont need to be told by anyone that adultery is wrong, that telling the truth is right and that YOU have always been a man who will fight for his wife and her love.

Dont let her diminish your accomplishment here. She is desparate to deny that you care enough to fight for her by blaming it on the advice of a counsellor.

YOU did a GREAT exposure. The accolades belong to you!

And I don't think you'll have any trouble keeping exorcist lady in line. Keep cool.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
S
>>>>Waywards have been known to do some pretty wacky things<<<

If you have any recording device or VAR, I'd just have it in a pocket for the above reason.

N
N
Originally Posted by Surfer88

Not yet. Plannin on getting gps unit. voice recorder for car??

Voice recorder is for you-- keep it with you when you talk to your WW so that, if she goes off the handle, you'll have it on tape. Just do it. There have been times where a WW goes nuts and calls the police "claiming" domestic violence.

Tell your WW that your kids are at your parents house and that they are spending the night there.

Have her parents/family called her? Check in with them, and make sure you ASK them to intervene and try to persuade her to leave the OM's. Tell them that you and your WW both value their opinions and that both of you (and the kids) need their help in this.

It's important that your WW's phone is ringing off the hook.

My FWW did the same way yours is doing. It'll blow over once they calm down and see that the truth is out there.

You're doing great, by the way. And that you got this response is good news--it means she still gives a damn.

Next time she goes batsh*t crazy with the yelling and fogbabble, just calmly say "I'm sorry that others knowing about your adultery has you so upset, but I'm not going to get in an argument with you. We can talk more when you calm down" and walk out of the room.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

L
L
If you dont have a recorder handy, try your phone, most of the time they have a reminder on them. A recorder at walmart would be the best though becuase you turn it on and it starts when it hears a voice.

Me -BS 40
Him - FWH 34 (dtl)
3 D-Days from 12/25/10 to 01/06/11
NC - 01/09/11
02/20/12 done beating my head on that wall.
I
I
What did councel say Id be angry and then fall at you feet in love with u?

I think, Ms I-am-so-hot-and I have-so-many-men-and-options has gotten a really big head in the crack-house and needs taking down a peg or two.

She clearly sees herself as the belle of the ball and that this is her top weapon to keep you in line.

Originally Posted by maritalbliss
She'll be back after she's blown out the steam. She'll still be wayward. Use the time while she's gone to make a list of requirements that she will have to meet in order to return to your home.

Absolutely. She will need to impress YOU not the other way around. If she is given a chance to be maried to you she needs to jump a very high bar in proving herself to you.

I actually think she will need more than exposure because she truly does love the admiration of other men - and she needs secrecy to fulfill this.

But exposure has been known to work on its own without any follow-up hits to the affair, so lets see.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

N
N
Originally Posted by indiegirl
I actually think she will need more than exposure because she truly does love the admiration of other men - and she needs secrecy to fulfill this.

But exposure has been known to work on its own without any follow-up hits to the affair, so lets see.

I agree and hope that he can get others to keep the pressure on her.

Mr. A- it's imperative that you be on good terms with her family and can get them to keep trying to talk to her. Tell them you are concerned about your kids being around strange men that you don't know and that the kids don't need to see their mom like this. Ask if they agree with you on that. Ask them to contact her and tell her those things.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

M
M
I will tell you thing, it has been said before, but it is the most important thing.

Do not leave your home.

A few weeks after exposure, I did. It was probably the worst mistake I made.

Based on my personal experience, if I were you I would consider filing first, asking to stay in the house. Get the jump.

Not talking to her about divorce is not the same thing and if she files and asks for relief and temporary residence, you will have to react to her. Make her react to you.

The best thing you can do is get ahead and control things while she is still scrambling. You can better control the pace and direction that way.

I guarantee she has never consider that she may have to leave and pay child support. Make her consider it.

Once again, I know from where I speak.

S
S
Exactly. She needs to know that her choices = consequences, and she's not going to be living in her home with "her" kids, and with you, Mr. A, living in some crappy apt. paying child support. Trust that this is the visual she has right now.

KNOW that right now she's thinking:

I hate Mr. A!
He's is soooo out!
I am throwing his azz out as soon as I get home after what he's done!

Reads insanely funny, doesn't it?

She needs to know, not from a hint, but a firm and calm statement that she will be leaving if anyone does. But, that she's welcome to stay.

S
S
"I guarantee she has never consider that she may have to leave and pay child support. Make her consider it.

Once again, I know from where I speak."

Re-read these words over and over. And, then repeat.

Do not leave your home!

Yes...restating.

M
M
Originally Posted by mmmherb
I guarantee she has never consider that she may have to leave and pay child support. Make her consider it.

Ditto!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
>>>> Make her react to you <<<<

Hear this!

Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation