Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
M
M
Seperation is just another word for "trial divorce", and asking her to leave is effectively volunteering to kick our child out of my life, at best resulting in only experiencing 50 % of their growing up. Not what I want and I can't volutarily break up my family.
A wayward wife who is flaunting her affair in your face is another word for "divorce". Is that your goal?

No one said anything about your child leaving. WW, yes. But she isn't taking your child with her. Your child stays in the safety and security of his home.

Let your WW know that you will not stand idly by and tolerate her disgusting behavior. You will not allow your child to see his mother behaving like a common tramp. She'll have to do that out of your marital home so that your child is not exposed to her dreadful behavior.

I would suggest you lock down your finances. I would clean out all of your joint checking & savings accounts. Leave just enough to keep the accounts open. Put the rest in an account that only you can access. Cancel credit cards that she can use. If there's a balance and you can't cancel them, direct the card issuer to suspend the card so it can't be used.

Lock down any retirement accounts so she can't pilfer them. Think of any other avenues she can use to get at family/marital money and lock them down.

This may sound drastic, DD, but we've had plenty of posters on here whose wayward went to the bank and cleaned out all the accounts in order to have money to support the affair.

After you have done this, inform her that you will not be financing her affair. She'll have to come up with the scratch to do that on her own.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

D
OP Offline
D
I know this was intended to be humorous, but I can relate to 90 % of what it describes in my spouse. Appears my spouse, may be experiencing an MLC.

MIDLIFE for Dummies

Especially, " Don't forget to use the fact that if you spend any time with your kids, you should get Extra Credit Bonus Good Parent points from your spouse. "

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2458276&page=3

M
M
Originally Posted by DevotedDad
I know this was intended to be humorous, but I can relate to 90 % of what it describes in my spouse. Appears my spouse, may be experiencing an MLC.

MIDLIFE for Dummies

Especially, " Don't forget to use the fact that if you spend any time with your kids, you should get Extra Credit Bonus Good Parent points from your spouse. "

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2458276&page=3
MLC is a handy term that means nothing. Your WW is having an affair because she has poor boundaries with men and saw an opportunity to have one. We've had waywards on this board from their early 20s to their 70s.

D-Day 2-10-2009

D
OP Offline
D
Intentionally general to maintain anonymity...

How old are you? How old is your WS(wayward spouse)?
Early 40's, late 30's

Do you have any children? How old are they?
1, elementary

How long have you been married? Is this the first marriage for both of you?
10, yes

How did your WS meet their AP?
Dancing, at a "girls night out"

How long did the A last?
Ongoing 11 months, refuses to stop.

How did you find out about the A?
Cellphone bill.

Have you ordered the book Surviving an Affairby DrHarley? Have you read it?
No book, but have read website content. Trying to adapt to unique circumstances.....but from the preceding responses, not possible.

M
M
Trying to adapt to unique circumstances
DD, you are going to get bogged down if you try to convince yourself that there is something unique about your circumstances. If you spend much time on this site, you'll learn very quickly that affairs are all pretty much the same. The names are different. Other than that, they're all quite unoriginal.

Who is OM? Do you know him? Have you got his name? Have you exposed this affair to anyone who can help you influence your WW to end the A?

Have you confronted OM and told him to leave your wife alone? How about OM's family? Most importantly: IS HE MARRIED?

Last edited by maritalbliss; 10/28/11 01:41 PM.

D-Day 2-10-2009

S
S
You said you did Plan A but the most important part of Plan A is exposure to bust up the affair.

Who has this been exposed to, if anyone? Do you know who this OM is? Is he married? Is he on FB?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Intentionally general to maintain anonymity...

How old are you? How old is your WS(wayward spouse)?
Early 40's, late 30's

Do you have any children? How old are they?
1, elementary

How long have you been married? Is this the first marriage for both of you?
10, yes

How did your WS meet their AP?
Dancing, at a "girls night out"

How long did the A last?
Ongoing 11 months, refuses to stop.

How did you find out about the A?
Cellphone bill.

Have you ordered the book Surviving an Affairby DrHarley? Have you read it?
No book, but have read website content. Trying to adapt to unique circumstances.....but from the preceding responses, not possible.
Are you being mysterious in order to tease? Do you think it brings more interest to your story?

How would giving your ages identify you?

I am particularly keen to know how old your child is. The term "elementary" does not mean anything to me, my dear Watson, even though I am British. Is your child 2, or 8? How would it identify you to give that detail?

That detail matters when it comes to our advice about handling this.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
If the A has gone on this long, you need to get your exposure done. Can you compile a list of people for exposure? Consider WW's parents, siblings, clergy, etc. Anyone whose opinion or respect she looks up to who can help you influence her to end her A.

You'll need to hit OM's side as well.

NOTE: Do NOT tell your WW about exposure! Do not threaten to expose the affair - just DO it.

The better your exposure, the angrier she'll more than likely be. That's what you want. Don't be afraid to do this - it's your single best tool for busting up the affair.

Dr.Harley, clinical psychologist and owner of this site, says:
Another exception to the Policy of Joint Agreement when confronting infidelity is what I've called, "exposure." I highly recommend that while in plan A you tell your friends, family, the lover's spouse, your pastor, and possibly your wayward spouse's employer that your spouse is having an affair. It's a very controversial recommendation, and a clear violation of the Policy of Joint Agreement. But I've found exposure to be one of the most effective ways to end an affair quickly while in plan A.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
SugarCane, elementary means elementary school, about grades 1-6, about ages 6 - 11.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by markos
SugarCane, elementary means elementary school, about grades 1-6, about ages 6 - 11.
Old enough to be told that mommy is doing a bad thing, DD.

D-Day 2-10-2009

S
S
Originally Posted by markos

A child that age should be told about the affair, during exposure and in an age appropriate way(ie. Mommy is having an affair. That means that Mommy has been dating OM. It is wrong to date someone else when you are married).

Also, a child of that age can walk to a car, waiting in a driveway. That makes exchanges easier.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Are you being mysterious in order to tease? Do you think it brings more interest to your story?
Are you serious ?

T
T
Do you know what exposure is?

Have you exposed WW affair?

S
S
DD, don't waste precious time.

Go post by post and answer all the questions.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
D
OP Offline
D
I think I've made a mistake, out of desperation.
Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

L
L
If you are desperate this is the best place to be.
But you have to believe and trust the program.

You are wrong if you think she can't move out.
It might not be fun, but thats a consequence of wrecking your family. Stop protecting her from the consequences.

M
M
I think I've made a mistake, out of desperation.
Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
That's up to you, DD. But before you go, think about this: you have put up with your WW's devastating betrayal of you for ELEVEN months. That's ELEVEN MONTHS GONE FROM YOUR LIFE. You'll never get those back. Is that how you want the next eleven months to go? Or the next year? Because I promise you that that's exactly what is in store for you. Your WW will be living the life of Riley. She'll have everything she needs: access to her child, financial support for whatever she wants to do, a roof over her head and her OM. You'll have...a wayward wife sleeping down the hall from you (when she's not overnighting with OM) who has zero respect for her shell of a man husband who is willing to live with a wife who is catting around with another man. At least until she gets so disgusted with living with you that she dumps you and goes off with OM. THAT'S when the weekend visitations with your son will kick in.

Or you can expose and kill the affair. Your call.

D-Day 2-10-2009

S
S
Your only mistake seems to be ignoring the advice on how to bust up this affair.

Read this:
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2376609

Good luck!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
R
R
No offense, but there is no unique set of circumstances. We all have little tweaks of how we got where we are. We are universally the same though which is why marriage builders concepts and plans are the way to go. For real.

I am all for vagueness, I myself am vague. Its just how things are for some people.
You can still study up the books and so on and make plans. Plans that are better than grasping for ways to manage your situation.

I will say that this seriously IS the place to be to work through your betrayel.

A non cooperative wayward spouse is the norm, not rare. If they were cooperative, they would have discussed cheating on you before the fact, and they don't. YK?

M
M
He's not going to make it. I feel sorry for his son frown

D-Day 2-10-2009

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation