Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
More difficulties on the path
Although this is not directly linked to infidelity, I feel that a lot of difficulties originate from it.
In 2000 my husband got a job abroad which he still has. He comes home for a three-day weekend and has a few days off from time to time and a fairly long summer holiday.
In 2001 he started being distant, unfriendly, or sometimes depressed. I tried to ease and lighten the atmosphere when he was unfriendly and unpleasant, and to help him in the depressed moments but had no effect. I was concerned about the kids: our 3 children were teenagers then. Our son (the eldest) decided to leave school and study at home, our daughters became withdrawn, especially the youngest one.
In 2005 I discovered:
that my husband had been in a 3 and a half-year affair that had just ended,
that my youngest daughter was in a homosexual relationship,
that my other daughter had a boyfriend whose faith I am very concerned about.

I was absolutely devastated and had a long period of depression which I carefully try not to fall into again.
My current problem is that my husband absolutely wants to invite "his kids'partners" as he puts it for the Christmas period.
Although I have met my youngest daughter's current girlfriend (she had a girlfriend, then a boyfriend, and for the last 3 years a new girlfriend she lives with) and I do not want to have them together in front of my eyes as it causes me deep deep grief. The only way I cope is by trying not to think too much about it and by seeing my daughter by herself.

I really do not see any way out of it, so I offered not to be present around Christmas time, but this is not a solution for my husband.

M
M
Lorraine,

do you and your H practise MB? Do you know and practise POJA - never do anything without an enthusiastic agreement between you and your spouse? That way you can spend the Christmas time in a way you both are enthusiastic about. You should brainstorm ideas until you have the one you are enthusiastic about.

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/mb2.cfm?recno=3&sublink=24

Me, FWW: 43
Mr_Recon6mo, FWH: 44
DD20 and DS23
3 cats
Married 23 years, together 24
Divorcing

L
OP Offline
L
Thank you for replying!
No, we don't practise MB. I have been looking here from time to time. I discovered this site long after finding out about the affair. I feel worn out as nothing seems to have gone right after my husband got this new job 11 years ago.
He wants to be able to invite my daughter's homosexual partner as if it was an ordinary boyfriend and part of the family.
The subject comes up from time to time without any resolution.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation