Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
T
T
AMJL,

Why is he going to have the baby this weekend? My WW on DDay asked if I kicked her out would I let her see the girls. No.... I said as long as you are stealing time from them, you don't deserve the time with our children. I was trying to end the PA without exposing....it worked for a few days, but her fog was too thick. Exposure helped remove more fog, and kill the fantasy.

Tell him you are taking baby. He is not going to have the child as long as he is seeing another women. Be strong.

Wait to see what others say.

Me (BH): 42
Her (WS): 39
Married 19 yrs
DD: 16, DD: 11, DD: 7
D-Day: 7-5-2011, Caught searching 10-15-2012
M
M
AMJ, don't get sidetracked from your exposures! Please finish up your exposures. Expose them at work and then go into Plan B. You have this affair on the ropes. Don't give up now. There is nothing wrong with the OWH recording your conversation. You didn't tell him anything that everyone shouldn't know anyway. The man is scared and just doing everything possible to save his marriage. His lying wife is denying the story, so he needed your testimony to support him.

Please don't give up. Stop taking your husbands calls. Send him a Plan B letter and GO DARK.

And why are you allowing him to take a baby for the full weekend? Does he have legal visitation rights?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Originally Posted by TexasTwoStep
Tell him you are taking baby. He is not going to have the child as long as he is seeing another women. Be strong.

Wait to see what others say.

You have no idea who this OW is and who your husband would be exposing this child to.

I'd tell him to get a court order if he wants visitation while he's having his affair.

Seriously, though, what's he going to do with a 14-month old all weekend? Wouldn't he rather do something with OW? You might ask him that.

I agree with Melody- time for a Plan B here.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

S
OP Offline
S
I am doing Plan B letter today. I have told him that I want nothing to do with him while she is still in his life. I did not realize that I had an option to keep our son away from him. Which is why I agreed to let him have him for Saturday night.

D-day 1- August 2011
D-day 2- October 2011
D-day 3- December 2011
Filed for divorce 2-2012

Married since 7-04
Together since 1-02
1 child-19 months old
S
OP Offline
S
I changed my site name b/c I don't want WH to find me on here.

D-day 1- August 2011
D-day 2- October 2011
D-day 3- December 2011
Filed for divorce 2-2012

Married since 7-04
Together since 1-02
1 child-19 months old
S
S
From my perspective, AMJL, you are discouraged by the fuss over OWH's recording your conversations and by the lack of support from your WH's family. PLEASE don't let this discouragement get you down!

I can totally relate with what you are feeling. After I confronted my H about his A, I was recorded in my own home - by him. I felt very violated! (Long story)

I also got threatened with legal action from OW.

There is a sort of rollercoaster ride that goes along with all of the exposure and aftermath. At first you feel empowered. Then you feel sad and discouraged and just want it to go away. It comes in waves.

It's important to not let the down cycles get you to the point of inaction!

It's not surprising WH's family didn't support you: they are going to try and see the best in him and make excuses.

I agree with Mel that OWH seems like a wimp! HE needs help!!!

Press on - don't be sidetracked by threats and people who stand in the way!!!

GOOD FOR YOU for standing up to your WH. I agree with the others: time to go dark.

Mine was a case where exposure ended the affair within days - it CAN happen, but probably is not usual.

As for your son, I don't think now is the time for you to be allowing him to be with his father for a whole weekend - I agree with the others on that as well. He needs a good dose of reality that life isn't just going to be sweet and happy when he wants it to be. To me, letting him see his son right now is letting him have his cake and eating it too.

"The #1 reason why people give up so quickly is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, rather than how far they've gotten."

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)
Surviving and Thriving since November 2010 thanks to MB!
My Recovery Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538986#Post2538986
My Original Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457141&page=1

S
OP Offline
S
Is there a "form letter" for plan B?

D-day 1- August 2011
D-day 2- October 2011
D-day 3- December 2011
Filed for divorce 2-2012

Married since 7-04
Together since 1-02
1 child-19 months old
M
M
SG, first off, tell me about your living arrangements? Are you at home now? Where does he live?

To go into Plan B, you need to get all your ducks in a row. That means you make arrangements for an intermediary to be your go between for any PERTINENT information.

For visitations, I would think of a way for him to see the child in a supervised setting where you don't have to see him. For example, your MIL could pick the child up a couple of times a week and allow him to visit the child at her home. You will need to specify that your child is to never be around his skank ho.

You WANT him to see his child, but you don't want the baby to be gone for overnights, you don't want your H in your home and you don't want to SEE him. So, start thinking about ways to make that happen.

When you go into Plan B, it will be up to you to keep him out. He will try to contact you and you can't read or respond to his messages. So that means you block him somehow. And when he attempts to contact you directly you should have your IM contact him and say "BS did not read your message. All messages have to be passed through me if you want to contact her."

Your H will go crazy at that becuase a WS does not like losing control over the BS. So be prepared to not let him through. And CHANGE YOUR LOCKS if you are in your house.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
First finish exposing them AT WORK. That is a KEY exposure. And do not cut off contact with the OWH! Don't be mad at him for recording your call. He is a victim just like you.

Read this link: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2482787#Post2482787

and this one: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2558482#Post2558482

When you do your letter, post it here so we can give you feedback.

Exposure 101

T
T
SG,

Expose and surround yourself with those who will help you. You have to be strong. I would be shocked if OM parents are ok with not seeing their grandchild.

Keep posting.... We are on your side.

Married 19 yrs
A
A
I did not realize that I had an option to keep our son away from him.

I'm just reading through your thread and i felt I had to say something here. You don't have the right to keep access to your child from your husband. However deplorable his behavior, doing something like this could hurt you legally. This was BAD advice. You are well within your rights to get a lawyer and force your husband's hand by setting up a legal separation agreement that spells out custody and support requirements, but without that agreement he has the right to access to his child just as he has the right to come back to the marital home, which means that if you change the locks he can still gain access.

You want to do things the smart way? Contact a lawyer, the initial consultation is usually free.

The one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.
A
A

Sorry but this is not good advice.

The one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.
M
M
Oh my, of course you don't want to keep the child from him. That will be used against you in court - IN A BIG WAY. You want it on record that you offered him visitation and went to a great deal of trouble to facilitate it. That is why you need to arrange for visitation and send him a schedule with your Plan B letter.

Exposure 101

T
T
SG,

You may not have the legal right to keep your son from him.....but did he plan this get away before he was discovered? You are not keeping his son from him, HE IS!! You are protecting your son from evil behavior. Remember.... He left, not you.

See a lawyer about custody arrangements. Make a call now, some can give you advice over the phone.

Married 19 yrs
S
S
I was not advocate totally keeping your son away from him either. I certainly wouldn't let him just take him for the whole weekend, however, with the situation being somewhat volatile right now. (Exposure, threats of legal action, etc...)

I also would not advocate him taking the baby on HIS terms: that's where I felt the cake eating coming in.

You definitely need a plan of action - one that you are in control of.

"The #1 reason why people give up so quickly is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, rather than how far they've gotten."

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)
Surviving and Thriving since November 2010 thanks to MB!
My Recovery Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538986#Post2538986
My Original Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457141&page=1

M
M
Absolutely agree with SunnyD. He has no business taking a baby from his mother all weekend. But you want him to see the baby in a controlled, protected environment. And you want it on record that you made that offer.

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
Okay I am a little overwhelmed.

Living situations: I am still in the house. WH is living with his sister about 20 miles away.

I am looking for a job, daycare, and a place to live so I will not be under "his control" money wise.

I have also contacted someone for legal counsel. I probably won't hear anything back until Monday though.

As far as the visit with our son go. I need to lay down some rules, but I can not talk to him on the phone without his yelling and calling me names right now. So therefore we have been in contact via text.

Since we are not legally separated I can not change the locks. He would still be able to gain access to the house. So therefore, I have had my BIL install chains on the doors. Unfortunately, the doors are not the best so if he pushes hard enough it will break. But my reason for installing these is for mine and our son's safety.

Who did y'all use are your IM? A friend of both of yours? Someone from church? I don't know who to ask. I think it should be a man though b/c he doesn't have any respect for women right now.

D-day 1- August 2011
D-day 2- October 2011
D-day 3- December 2011
Filed for divorce 2-2012

Married since 7-04
Together since 1-02
1 child-19 months old
N
N
Originally Posted by survivergirl
I have also contacted someone for legal counsel. I probably won't hear anything back until Monday though.

Good call. WH's next step will probably be to cut the money flow since you're starting to push back. Also, with you and OW competing for his money, you'll be a lower priority.

The IM would be anyone that you're comfortable with. It would NOT be someone that is related to him or has the chance of being biased towards him or influenced by him or his family...but you probably knew that smile
I don't see that your husband's opinion of them is relevant.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by TexasTwoStep
SG,

I would be shocked if OM parents are ok with not seeing their grandchild.

Keep posting.... We are on your side.

No grandparents live around us. So they don't see him anyway.

D-day 1- August 2011
D-day 2- October 2011
D-day 3- December 2011
Filed for divorce 2-2012

Married since 7-04
Together since 1-02
1 child-19 months old
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

After reading those letters, I realize I don't feel that way about my WH right now. He has been so hurtful and mean to me that I think he might have crushed any feelings I had left for him. I know that the love I once felt for him can come back, once he stops being this crazy man(I mean he has literally gone crazy). But I am having such a hard time calling on that love to write this letter. Wow, this is hard.

D-day 1- August 2011
D-day 2- October 2011
D-day 3- December 2011
Filed for divorce 2-2012

Married since 7-04
Together since 1-02
1 child-19 months old
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation