Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 107 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 106 107
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I don't think that one will work for Android

Me: BH 36
Her: WW 34
Kids: D 14, S 12, S 9
DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
Filed for D 10/2011-Papers Served 11/2011
Divorce final May 24, 2012
My Story

M
M
The only other one I know of is eblaster for android and it runs $65, but is pretty easy to install and will give you some great intel. It will send you all text messages, phone logs and it will send GPS locations. It is at spectorpro.com

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
Just a thought...if I can get my son to download a spy app on my wife's phone..would that be wrong?
Brilliant! Can your son keep it a secret?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
So that app has to be purchased only in the android market? Might be too complicated for him after all. I was hoping all he would have to do is download it.
Google the name of your WW's phone and the word 'spyware' ("i-phone + spyware") and see what that brings up on your search engine.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

J
J
GJM,
Just wanted to send you a pat on the back, you are doing a great job, it is your best move so far.........
Keep posting........stay strong............remember the OM underestimated "YOU"
jessi

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
R
R
Don't have a son do the application.
Don't tell the kids you are snooping.

It is too much for them to deal with and it is your task.

You can figure it out, I bet. They make them user friendly.

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
The kids know the phone password. I don't know it.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Has anyone's WS been affectionate, call, text, visit them, have intimacy with them? Or we're they just distant and mean?

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM
Has anyone's WS been affectionate, call, text, visit them, have intimacy with them? Or we're they just distant and mean?

It's common. She wants her crackrock AND her marriage. It's when you really step up and take the crackrock away (or the crackrock dumps her) that they go absolutely NUTS for more crackrock and will then become "distant and mean" to anyone that messes with their crackrock. As long as you are seemingly OK with her crackrock habit and you'll have her around...she's fine with being nice to you.

It's ALL about the crackrock at this point. S

I'd say sometimes part of the allure of crackrock is a future together as soulmate schmoopies and in order to effectuate that future they need to be mean and distant with their husbands from the get-go because that's what crackrock expects and wants. Other times...there's obviously NO real future with crackrock and crackrock doesn't care about anything other than a few minutes/hours with your wife a day....a week. In that instance...she has free time to keep you hanging around and appeased such that she can maintain the status quo...TODAY.

Addicts don't care about tomorrow.

Mr. Wondering

Last edited by MrWondering; 11/16/11 11:09 AM.

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
When the A is dead, and the WS still doesn't know if they want the marriage, is that when plan B is put into place? I am obligated to support my W because the military won't allow me to cut her off or take the kids away from her. Is there anything I can do on my own to save my marriage? I am making my plans so they go smoothly.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM

Mine. Well...I visited her place but we did have sex.

Me (FWH) 44
Mrs_Recon6mo (FWW) 42
Married 22 years
2 Children 20 and 22 years
Last D-Day for me: May 2009
Last D-Day for her: October 2008
C
C
Originally Posted by GJM

My wife vacillated from being downright cruel to being "a good wife". Much of it in retrospect really depended on how hard OM was pushing her, or simply how her day was going in her head... I don't think it's all that uncommon for this.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
M
Originally Posted by reading
Don't have a son do the application.
Don't tell the kids you are snooping.

It is too much for them to deal with and it is your task.

You can figure it out, I bet. They make them user friendly.

reading, he can't figure it out because they are separated and GJW has no access to her phone. That is why his teenage son is doing this. I disagree it is too much for him to handle.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
Originally Posted by GJM
When the A is dead, and the WS still doesn't know if they want the marriage, is that when plan B is put into place? I am obligated to support my W because the military won't allow me to cut her off or take the kids away from her. Is there anything I can do on my own to save my marriage? I am making my plans so they go smoothly.

This doesn't sound right to me. Have you talked to a jag? When I was in the Corps, I knew of 2 guys that got custody of their kids and were able to cut off their wife because of their infidelity.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
M
Originally Posted by GJM

Her goal is to keep you servicing her by "being friends" "for the children." This helps assuage her guilt for sticking it to you. The ideal situation is to have you servicing her and being her "friend" while she carries on her affair in secret.

As long as she can keep you as her "friend" she won't have to face the consequences of her cruelty and she can keep you in her service.

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by GJM

I don't understand. No divorce has been filed so you are under no obligation to give her any money. Nor is there a court order mandating she gets to drag the kids out of their home like that. I would allow her visitation, but I would not force your kids out of their home just to accommodate her adultery. That is not fair to the kids. I don't think you should cut her off from the kids, just give her very limited visitation rights that does not involve dragging them out of their home.

Exposure 101

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by celticvoyager
Originally Posted by GJM

This doesn't sound right to me. Have you talked to a jag? When I was in the Corps, I knew of 2 guys that got custody of their kids and were able to cut off their wife because of their infidelity.

CV

I'm not sure when you were in, but times are very different now. My command is supporting my efforts and are trying to help me any way they can. They said that it's usually the H that is the POS and aren't used to dealing with situations like mine. They said as long as she doesn't complain about support or signs the settlement agreement (which is part of divorce and not wanted by me), then they won't enforce anything. If she calls and complains, I would have to pay $200 per person minimum per month. If I serve her the divorce papers, she would then sign the agreement and we would have 6 months to reconcile if there would be any hope left. That in affect, doesn't say that I want to save my marriage, but it does take a stand and say I'm not going to put up with infidelity any longer. It would also allow me to then cut her off and let reality sink in for her because I have taken care of her for so many years. I paid all the bills and handled the finances. Of course I made my mistakes along the way and tried my best to not make the same mistake twice. I never hit or cheated and I spent a great amount of time with the family. My W is holding on to resentment from the past when we were in our early twenties and she always let things build up before exploding. I would never be able to correct anything that bothered her because some times I wouldn't even remember what it was that I did due to her not telling me. In 2009 I even went to counseling for PTSD to make sure that I wasn't messed up from the war. I did that for months. My W said that I stole her life and she never got to have fun like normal 20 something year old's. I tried to help her make friends by having couples come over, but she was never interested. I asked her if she wanted to go to school, but she said she barely graduated from HS, why would she go back to school. Now she wants to have a career and go back to school and mingle with new friends. It's ironic actually. Her apartment is 1 mile from me. I have been checking on her frequently. I even go by her work, which is just down the street from our house. I know what hours she works and when she goes home. She doesn't stay up late because she wakes up at 3:40AM. Her windows of opportunity are very small to carry on a relationship. If she is able to meet up for quickies, that definitely isn't going to grow into anything special. Can it happen? Yes. I'll be vigilant though and keep spying. I have been reaching out to get her family to support our marriage. I know it's a 50/50 chance that they will.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

C
C
Originally Posted by GJM
Originally Posted by celticvoyager
Originally Posted by GJM

CV

I'm not sure when you were in, but times are very different now. My command is supporting my efforts and are trying to help me any way they can. They said that it's usually the H that is the POS and aren't used to dealing with situations like mine. They said as long as she doesn't complain about support or signs the settlement agreement (which is part of divorce and not wanted by me), then they won't enforce anything. If she calls and complains, I would have to pay $200 per person minimum per month. If I serve her the divorce papers, she would then sign the agreement and we would have 6 months to reconcile if there would be any hope left. That in affect, doesn't say that I want to save my marriage, but it does take a stand and say I'm not going to put up with infidelity any longer. It would also allow me to then cut her off and let reality sink in for her because I have taken care of her for so many years. I paid all the bills and handled the finances. Of course I made my mistakes along the way and tried my best to not make the same mistake twice. I never hit or cheated and I spent a great amount of time with the family. My W is holding on to resentment from the past when we were in our early twenties and she always let things build up before exploding. I would never be able to correct anything that bothered her because some times I wouldn't even remember what it was that I did due to her not telling me. In 2009 I even went to counseling for PTSD to make sure that I wasn't messed up from the war. I did that for months. My W said that I stole her life and she never got to have fun like normal 20 something year old's. I tried to help her make friends by having couples come over, but she was never interested. I asked her if she wanted to go to school, but she said she barely graduated from HS, why would she go back to school. Now she wants to have a career and go back to school and mingle with new friends. It's ironic actually. Her apartment is 1 mile from me. I have been checking on her frequently. I even go by her work, which is just down the street from our house. I know what hours she works and when she goes home. She doesn't stay up late because she wakes up at 3:40AM. Her windows of opportunity are very small to carry on a relationship. If she is able to meet up for quickies, that definitely isn't going to grow into anything special. Can it happen? Yes. I'll be vigilant though and keep spying. I have been reaching out to get her family to support our marriage. I know it's a 50/50 chance that they will.

I was in in the late 80's through early 90's. My wife's last A was with a Marine (yippee!)(07/08). Talked a lot about policy with his command. I was under the impression that the corps had a zero tolerance policy for adultery and thpought it extended to spouses. I may be wrong though.

Keep strong. You are getting great advice here.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
celticvoyager,
Adultery is not tolerated, but the military cannot punish spouses. And being in CA, I'm double screwed. If I was in GA, I would have the law on my side.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

A
A
This may sound dumb, but I was thinking of giving her the divorce papers so if it doesn't work out, I won't have to start the 6 month wait all over again. Or should I put that on hold?

No, not dumb at all. And as you stated in a later post, it shows clearly that while you want to save your marriage you're not going to stand for what she's been doing. You can stop a divorce at any time all the way until you sign on the dotted line.

Have you been to the Judge Advocate on base? Could save you some money for just advice, and save your money if or when you need to file something in family court. It also makes it so that your wife would not be able to use the base legal services if they have already advised you, she would either have to go to another base JAG or spend her own money for civilian legal advice/representation. Kind of a poison the well strategy, put as many roadblocks in place.

It's good that you are thinking and doing instead of just letting it happen to you - keep it up!

The one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.
Page 9 of 107 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 106 107

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 473 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation