Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
OP Offline
M
Figured I would start a thread with some positive light. Something to take your mind off the negativity that enslaves alot of the threads on this forum. Something Tranquil, or peaceful. Like a beautiful Scenery or wildlife.

Since I love taking nature pics .. here is a few of mine. I have tons so i will most likely add more in the future.

Please add some of your own pics for our viewing pleasure.

To add a pic just go to a site like www.tinypic.com and upload an image there. It will give you a few ways to use that pic once it has been uploaded. The way to show your pic here is to use the link tinypic gives you for forums with the [img ] [/img ] tags included in the link and copy and paste it into your post.

Here is some British Columbia pics for your viewing pleasure.
(below a waterfall at one of my favorite hikes)
[Linked Image from i40.tinypic.com]

(below another great spot i visit often when out hiking. Its very "rainforesty")
[Linked Image from i41.tinypic.com]

(below some wild life in my back yard after i chased it out of my house because my cat was sharing her food dish with it, yes they were sitting side by side eating cat food lol then the little guy ran outside and tried to hotwire this get away car!) lol

[Linked Image from i39.tinypic.com]

smile

Last edited by BerlinMB; 02/08/13 01:06 PM.
M
M
Most of those are a nice advertisement for BC! Except maybe the racoon...

I love that waterfall and wish I had it in my backyard.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
OP Offline
M
That waterfall is about 1.5hr drive and a 1.5hr hike from my home. unfortunately its ruined now .. this year a tree fell over and blocked the view and changed the flow of the water. Good thing i got a pic of it before that happened.

smile

M
M
Stupid tree -- can't you Canadians outlaw that sort of thing? smile

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
A
A
How about some beautiful scenery plus some beautiful music?

I recognize some of these pictures - several are within an hour of where I live now, and two are from where I grew up. 0:50 looks a like it could have been taken on the hill behind where I live.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by markos
Stupid tree -- can't you Canadians outlaw that sort of thing? smile

Oh man .. that would be sweet if we could. Heck if I was allowed to go up there with a chainsaw and buck up that tree and remove it so you could seethe waterfall again .. i would ... but its bigger than a bus and almost as thick.

(below) heres another pic of a lake that is soo blue/green/aqua it makes the sky look dull on a nice day.
[Linked Image from i43.tinypic.com]

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Aphelion
How about some beautiful scenery plus some beautiful music?

I recognize some of these pictures - several are within an hour of where I live now, and two are from where I grew up. 0:50 looks a like it could have been taken on the hill behind where I live.

Yeah .. this DEF fits in this thread .. lots of pretty pics in that vid. SOme of them i recognize too ..

Very Peaceful

M
M
Beautiful!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Oh, man, I wonder what the price of real estate is on the shore of that lake! smile I know I for one would like to wake up to see that every morning.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by markos
Oh, man, I wonder what the price of real estate is on the shore of that lake! smile I know I for one would like to wake up to see that every morning.

Its called Lindeman Lake. Do a google search and you can see many more shots of it from tons of others who have hiked to it and posted pics on the net.

Also .. here is another pic (below) of the area I hunt in .. This is a mountain view of a portion of the Okanagan area of BC. TONS of deer in this area ... hence why I hunt in it.
[Linked Image from i41.tinypic.com]

M
M
MNG, my son is so heartbroken because can't go deer hunting in Michigan this year. He was raised in Michigan [he is a native Texas though] and moved home to Texas 3 years ago. He caught many deer with a gun and a bow in Michigan. He so misses it!

He says the deer here are no bigger than dogs and is not too excited about deer hunting here.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
You know, I've lived in WA my entire life, and don't think I've ever traipsed around Okanogan...

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
ok, here is momma's punkin in 2008:

[Linked Image from fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net]

Exposure 101

A
A
I am extremely fond of the Okanagan (Okanogan, depending where you are from). Go up there every chance I get. I�d retire there if I didn�t already have other plans.

Spend a lot of quality time farther to the north near Sicamous too. In fact, DS�s scout troop boat camps for two weeks on Shuswap Lakes every other summer. I�ll try to post some of our pics when I get a round toit.

I occasionally hunt just south of the border from you. Deer population from Cascades through the Rocky Mt Front is higher now than in long term memory. So, in a year or two the cougar and bobcat populations are going to skyrocket.

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
A
A
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
You know, I've lived in WA my entire life, and don't think I've ever traipsed around Okanogan...
You should give it a try. It's a very nice area. If you are coming from the west take a road trip over the N Cascades Hwy through Winthrop and then up through Omak. Some very nice inns and resorts along the way too.

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
H
H
I've actually done the opposite loop, past Grand Coulee, camping at Sun Lakes and Soap lake, then through the N Cascades. Also done some nice hiking out at Seattle City Lights.

Really want to relocate to Skagit County, as it puts you within 2 hours of, like EVERYTHING.

Lets not forget our fantastic elk, fellas.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
OP Offline
M
SWEET! .. the thread is turning into a hunting thread! :P Love it!

@Mel .. the deer here are rather large. Mule deer especially. IN range of 130- 225lbs. The white tails tho are VERY elusive! I have only seen one WHite tail buck in my hunting days. Not a bad deer tho your son has got there! .. I bet it was GREAT eatin!

Here (below) is a pic of my FIRST ever moose! Shot it at 300 yards while it was on the run! GREAT eating! had a freezer full for over a year and that was only 1/2 of it cuz i had to share it with my dad.
[Linked Image from i44.tinypic.com]

And HERE (below) is a pic of a BEAUTIFUL... GORGEOUS! ... ..... wait for it .....

.HUGE SPIDER! ... Used to live in my garage .. kids love to feed it. It got HUGE after feeding it all summer! lol .. Its a Hobo Spider if ya wanted to know. :P
[Linked Image from i39.tinypic.com]

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Aphelion
I occasionally hunt just south of the border from you. Deer population from Cascades through the Rocky Mt Front is higher now than in long term memory. So, in a year or two the cougar and bobcat populations are going to skyrocket.

That would be the range where Mule deer are considered Black Tail ... almost as elusive as the white tails. Ever bagged a nice big Black Tail?

M
M
Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy
Here (below) is a pic of my FIRST ever moose! Shot it at 300 yards while it was on the run! GREAT eating! had a freezer full for over a year and that was only 1/2 of it cuz i had to share it with my dad.
[Linked Image from i44.tinypic.com]

Oh wow!! I have to show that to my son. He will CRY!!!! sigh

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Really want to relocate to Skagit County, as it puts you within 2 hours of, like EVERYTHING.

Lets not forget our fantastic elk, fellas.

We have Skagit Valley not far from my location (about 1.5hour drive) That heads to Ross Lake. I have yet to hunt in there.

I was on a hunt with my old man and got a rosie elk on vancouver Island in 2004. MAN those are good eating! Best game meat ever!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation