Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 26 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 25 26
M
M
Originally Posted by PiecesOfMe
My threats are empty to him

Then change that. Follow through.

This is not rocket surgery.

C
C
Originally Posted by GloveOil
Failing to draw this line is what you may regret most.[/color]

Ok I did say that in many different ways shapes and forms. The question is, how do I ACT now?

We have a holiday luncheon in a couple of hours so I will see him. Do I act like the fabulous wife I'm so supposed to be during Plan A or let him know that I am done because when I hung up the phone with him just now, it was because SHE was calling to discuss the events of last night. And I said, "I already told you how I feel, do what you gotta do". He IS GOING to talk to her today regardless of what I say or do. My threats are empty to him because I told him last night there was still hope if he was willing to do all those things he promised me. **please wipe your feet on me before entering**

I would firmly but gently tell him that he has an immediate choice to make. No contact or move out immediately. Go to the lunch and do your thing if you must, but remind him no contact is not up for debate. Change the locks if you must.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by mmmherb
[quote=PiecesOfMe]
My threats are empty to him

This is not rocket surgery.

Good cause I wouldn't know thing one about performing surgery on a rocket LOL

Sorry - couldn't resist. wink

Me: BW (34)
Him: WH (38)

3 kids: 7, 3, & 7 mos

Married 7 years
DDAY #1 - 11/8/2011 (EA)
DDAY #2 - 12/6/2011 [unconfirmed possible 2nd A]

G
G
Was she calling you, or him?

P
OP Offline
P
She called him first thing this morning and they spoke very briefly according to him.

I know they will talk again later today because she had to go very quickly. I don't know who will call who. I'm sure they are trying to communicate with each other to "find out what happened" and establish the no contact policy.

To "take care of it" as my WH put it and "it will be DONE with today".

He is concerned about the fallout from the OWs BH finding out. We work and are heavily involved in a very political world. The consequences of all this could be very far reaching.

I'm am enraged right now. He just doesn't get it. I told him {not to be insensitive or cold) but I don't give two sh..ts about what happens to her family. That is NOT my problem or MY doing. They spoke this morning, nobody is dead, nobody is in jail, it's fine. I need HIM to focus on US and the promise he made to ME just last night. But he doesn't get it.

***WE*** could have lost our baby last night. I started having contractions. But all he cares about right now is the fall out on HER end. So. EFFING. P!ssed. right now.

Sorry for the major venting.

Married 7 years
DDAY #1 - 11/8/2011 (EA)

G
G
More conversations with OW, without your involvement? You're right -- he still doesn't get it at all.

I would skip the luncheon. Being there with him is not what you need right now. Let him wonder & feel uncertain for a bit re: what's coming next.

My first instinct (and here I'm off my game, because I'm reacting with anger for you) is that Hefty, 39-gallon Cinch-Sack bags will hold lots of his stuff. If you have a single-family home, you could put them on the curb. If you're in a condo or apartment, you might have to check re: designated areas.

BUT: You shouldn't be stuffing heavy loads into bags. You need to take care of yourself & your baby. Is there someone, a friend or relative nearby, who could come & stay with you for a few days?

Your husband needs to realize his days of sleeping peacefully are over unless/until he straightens up & starts flying right again. I don't think anything but his junk on the curb is going to get that across to him. He can come back according to your conditions, including complete transparency. Anything less will get you more of what you've got.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
P
OP Offline
P
Ok - we just got off the phone. It's done.

He is dragging his feet on transparency (I'm sure he's got some tracks to clean up) at the moment but I told him it was a condition of moving forward with us. I expect to have all passwords, phone records, etc tonight.

No contact.
And total honesty.

NOW we are finally at square one.

Married 7 years
DDAY #1 - 11/8/2011 (EA)

M
M
Everything except - now he has to talk to her to go over the repercussions of MY actions in calling HIM.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. That is not acceptable.

Such effing BS. I was not prepared for the excuse this would give him to talk to her today. Not quite sure how to handle it today. I have insisted and demanded that he simply write an email but they already talked once and will continue to talk today no matter what I say. It is SO infuriating to me that I am on the verge of doing and saying things that I know I will regret so please help me cope with this portion of it.

You need to send the workplace exposure letter TODAY to Human Resources and do your exposures. Go read the link in my signature and use those talking points. Don't be a loose cannon to shoot yourself in the foot, BE STRATEGIC.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
He is concerned about the fallout from the OWs BH finding out. We work and are heavily involved in a very political world. The consequences of all this could be very far reaching.

Did you call the OW's husband and tell him? I want to make sure he knows everything and you are in continual touch with him. He needs to know they are still in contact today.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
You are doing the right thing.
Please follow through, it is the only chance he will ever REALLY change. Consequences of his actions.
You are amazing. He does not have the right to put you through all of this. He is lucky that you evenb consider giving him another chance.

Do not cave. Do not make concessions. None. He has gotten away with this for too long already.

Wishing you well for tonight, and God bless you and your family.

Happyheart

me, DH
all the children
M
M
Ok - we just got off the phone. It's done.

He is dragging his feet on transparency (I'm sure he's got some tracks to clean up) at the moment but I told him it was a condition of moving forward with us. I expect to have all passwords, phone records, etc tonight.

No contact.
And total honesty.

NOW we are finally at square one.

So when does he leave the job? He can't work there anymore. You are not at square one until that happens. He is NOT honest. That is a lie. And he is STILL in contact. He just contactd her this morning so he could put his story together.

Have you told her husband? Does he know they are still in touch? Does the workplace know about his affair?

You are not doing the things necessary to effect recovery.

Exposure 101

M
M

ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS PROTECTING HIS AFFAIR. He is in protect mode and if you don't kill this affair by finishing your exposures and getting him out of there, then the affair will continue. All he did was tell you enough to get you off his back so he can continue his affair. Dont' stop now!!

Exposure 101

L
L
I hate to tell you this....

I'm sure they are trying to communicate with each other to "find out what happened" and establish the no contact policy.

The purpose of their talk was to establish the NEW contact policy, not the NO contact policy.

They will more likely conspire to find a new way to communicate that is further underground and "spy-proof".

That is why NO CONTACT is established by a LETTER, not a visit or a phone call. That is why NO CONTACT means that YOU AND HIM prepare a letter to HER that says he never wants to communicate with her in any form ever again! And you then block all avenues of access to him.

Waywards think they need closure, which only further ingnites their love and need for each other. "Talking" only leads to "meeting" which leads to the affair being fully on, and more hidden.

From this moment on -- there are no more secrets between You and Your Husband. OW needs to be the outsider, and it needs to be YOU and HIM against HER.

He is not allowed to make her feel better, or let her down easy, or tell her that he really wants to be with her but his mean wife won't let him....

S
S
Originally Posted by Lexxxy
I hate to tell you this....

I'm sure they are trying to communicate with each other to "find out what happened" and establish the no contact policy.

The purpose of their talk was to establish the NEW contact policy, not the NO contact policy.

They will more likely conspire to find a new way to communicate that is further underground and "spy-proof".

That is why NO CONTACT is established by a LETTER, not a visit or a phone call. That is why NO CONTACT means that YOU AND HIM prepare a letter to HER that says he never wants to communicate with her in any form ever again! And you then block all avenues of access to him.

Waywards think they need closure, which only further ingnites their love and need for each other. "Talking" only leads to "meeting" which leads to the affair being fully on, and more hidden.

From this moment on -- there are no more secrets between You and Your Husband. OW needs to be the outsider, and it needs to be YOU and HIM against HER.

He is not allowed to make her feel better, or let her down easy, or tell her that he really wants to be with her but his mean wife won't let him....

THIS IS 100% true.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
L
L

what has he done to protect YOUR feelings and earn YOUR trust and make YOU feel safe?.......NOTHING YET

BS(me)
FWH
M '91
DS x 3

Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.

Col. 2:8 (NLT)
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Lgtex1
what has he done to protect YOUR feelings and earn YOUR trust and make YOU feel safe?.......NOTHING YET

Absolutely NOTHING yet. We have to talk more when we get home tonight.

Yes her husband knows they were communicating today and yes I called him. I am in the process of exposing to his family all day today and no he doesn't know.

MelodyLane - I understand your pov on this and I appreciate every single reply you have made to my posts - they have helped tremendously, however, I cannot expose any further at work because we WILL BOTH LOSE OUR JOBS (I've been here 13 years, I know how it works) and we have a baby on the way and two other kids. Even MB says he doesn't always advocate total workplace exposure. He will put in for a transfer once the dust from all the election results has settled (very political world here, very delicate issues here) because until that happens, we don't know if they could both potentially be accidentally moved to the same location. I sense your frustration with me on this issue and if you must throw your hands up in the air at me over it, I understand.

New contact policy... yep, I guess we will see. Of course they can go further underground. Ultimately, if he wants to continue the affair HE WILL find a way. I cannot control every action of his. I have to accept that. And then HE will have to accept the consequences of that which are that he WILL lose his family. If he continues the affair after this he and I are done.

The thing is we could move to another state and he could still find a way to talk to her or start a new affair. At SOME point this IS out of my control and I have to accept that that simply means we are done. I mean, isn't that true?

How can I make that more clear to him - I feel like that part may not have sunk in... that we are DONE if anything like this happens again?

I feel like at THIS point it is so clear to me that I have to work my butt off to make him fall back in love with me.

BTW, does this mean withdrawal starts all over again for him? UGH. KILL ME NOW. Dumb question, I already know the answer. I can FEEL the answer. =(

Any tips for getting through this next part? Again?

Married 7 years
DDAY #1 - 11/8/2011 (EA)

M
M
Uh, when has withdrawal started?

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by mmmherb
Uh, when has withdrawal started?

I'm guessing it starts today?

Married 7 years
DDAY #1 - 11/8/2011 (EA)

M
M
Maybe, not if he keeps in contact, in any way. A glimpse from afar counts.

M
M
[
MelodyLane - I understand your pov on this and I appreciate every single reply you have made to my posts - they have helped tremendously, however, I cannot expose any further at work because we WILL BOTH LOSE OUR JOBS (I've been here 13 years, I know how it works) and we have a baby on the way and two other kids. Even MB says he doesn't always advocate total workplace exposure. He will put in for a transfer once the dust from all the election results has settled (very political world here, very delicate issues here) because until that happens, we don't know if they could both potentially be accidentally moved to the same location. I sense your frustration with me on this issue and if you must throw your hands up in the air at me over it, I understand.

I gotcha. I am not frustrated because it is not my marriage, it is YOURS! And yours won't EVER recover as long as he works with the OW. You should make it one of your conditions that he find another occupation. And start looking now. Otherwise, this is hopeless.

As it is now, his affair is NOT OVER. As long as he works with her, you can consider the affair ongoing. The issue with your husband is that he is a playah and can't work around women.

The thing is we could move to another state and he could still find a way to talk to her or start a new affair. At SOME point this IS out of my control and I have to accept that that simply means we are done. I mean, isn't that true?

Yes, but this fails to comprehend the nature of an addiction. Ask yourself this: am I more likely to drink while in the bar or while I am 100 miles from a drink? If I am in the bar looking at beers all day long am I more likely to be triggered than when I am in Subway sandwich shop? think

See where I am going with this? Saying that he can find a way to talk to her if he is separated misses the point, because he is much less likely to talk to her if he is NOT TRIGGERED AND SHE IS NOT THERE. I am much more likely to drink if there is drink RIGHT THERE because there is opportunity and because my desire is triggered.

And yes, he can and WILL start a new affair. In any other state if he remains IN THE SAME ENVIRONMENT. That is why I suggested he needs a new occupation where he is not tempted. The solution to infidelity is to CHANGE THE ENVIRONMENT. Do you see that? Lets say I drink too much when I am in the bar, wouldn't it make sense to STAY OUT OF BARS? That would be the logical solution.

BTW, does this mean withdrawal starts all over again for him? UGH. KILL ME NOW. Dumb question, I already know the answer. I can FEEL the answer. =(

In order to "withdraw" he has to not see or speak to her. If he works with her, he obviously cannot withdraw. In order for your marriage to recover he has to WITHDRAW. Recovery begins when withdrawal begins.

Exposure 101

Page 8 of 26 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 279 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation