Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26
M
M
It is notable that she is not posting to the board today and I know exactly why. The posters see right through her bullsh** and she knows it. She knows she can't bullsh** a bullshi**er and her story won't wash here.
I hope this is the reason. I hope it isn't because we are alerting her husband to something very important: the children he's been supporting and calling his own may not be his. And she knows that.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

R
R
Senninpa, you are getting lots of pointed advice here, some of it hurts I know. These people all mean to help you I think you realize that but it doesn't make this easier.

I hope you ask some focused, demanding questions in the poly. I hope you get some clarity and resolve in your life.

If you stay, these people will help you fight. If you leave, no one in your family living or dead would fault you for giving up the property.

I am truly sorry you are going through this and you keep getting hit by new information.

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
S
S
[quote=maritalbliss]
[/quote This seems to be a non-issue with you, since you've already stated that you will continue to raise these children as yours. So this issue doesn't need to be raised again, unless you want it to be raised. /quote]

Bliss, Thank you, I cannot agree enough. My children are my children and if I didn't know for sure, I would not want to know. I love them very much and wouldn't want that to change just because they don't have my DNA. That is not the case, I do know for sure. How I know isn't relative to resolving the problems I am having in my marriage, and does not need to be discussed here.

I am the WS
BH, love him dearly

~It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

~When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
S
S
OK I am very computer literate, I am on a computer all day at work. I cannot seem to get the damned quot box to work correctly!

Bliss, As I told Melody, W did not post all day as she had a dentist appointment = 2 hours, talked with and came clean to OM's W for over an hour, came home and copied and pasted all of her phone records per OM's W request. Sent records via e-mail to OM's W (probably an hour or more). She works 3rd shift and needed to sleep at some point. Got up when I got home, we ran the daughter to dance class, went shopping with me, picked up daughter from dance class, got home in time to eat something (10 minutes) and went back to work and was probably late. She did not have time to post today!

I did not want to post her confession, because I knew you folks would instill more doubt. It worked perfectly, I jumped in the car and drove my long hour home. Had to talk to OM's W on the way as she instilled more doubt, and I gave her all the encouragement I could for their marriage. I got home and all I could think about is how am I going to start all over, where am I going to go, who will get the kids, what kind of [censored] hole apartment I might end up in and what will become of my WW, whom I still love dearly.

I interrogated my W for the few 45 minutes we had alone. I explained that I am leaving her if she fails this test. I told her she has to be honest for me to stay with her. I told her I fully intend to start our new lives or continue our marriage with the outcome of a stranger reading a machine because I cannot believe a word she says. I told her if she is lying she will fail, if she isn't she still might fail. I begged, I pleaded, I told her I want this marriage and am scared to death she will fail.
She is holding firm and said the big bomb and only bomb she had was the auto repair guy and she didn't give me the short version. She said there is no other man, no more sex, nothing more to tell. She said her heart is clean and she is ready for the poly. Wants to do it so I will stop asking these miserable questions. She is looking at where to get the funds to get it done and over with. She said she is going to start calling around tomorrow to schedule the poly.

I do not need to keep killing the little bit of my marriage I have left. I have to assume she has told me the truth, until the day of the poly. I fully expect to be heartbroken on that day, but must keep a positive attitude until then. Wouldn't it be ironic if she passed the test, but I destroyed every chance we have by beating her with honesty every day until then. I cannot be filled with doubt, as it is killing me and my marriage. I must stay positive and let the polygraph give me the final answer.
I am at the bottom, I am exhausted, I do not have the energy to keep this up. I am ready to throw in the towel and let my world crumble into the [censored] I have learned is my reality. What a horrible night. Just venting, sorry.

And to top it all off I cannot even look to see I am posting under W's user name.

Last edited by senninpaswife; 12/09/11 12:30 AM.

I am the WS
BH, love him dearly

~It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

~When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
C
C
Originally Posted by senninpaswife
OK I am very computer literate, I am on a computer all day at work. I cannot seem to get the damned quot box to work correctly!

Bliss, As I told Melody, W did not post all day as she had a dentist appointment = 2 hours, talked with and came clean to OM's W for over an hour, came home and copied and pasted all of her phone records per OM's W request. Sent records via e-mail to OM's W (probably an hour or more). She works 3rd shift and needed to sleep at some point. Got up when I got home, we ran the daughter to dance class, went shopping with me, picked up daughter from dance class, got home in time to eat something (10 minutes) and went back to work and was probably late. She did not have time to post today!

I did not want to post her confession, because I knew you folks would instill more doubt. It worked perfectly, I jumped in the car and drove my long hour home. Had to talk to OM's W on the way as she instilled more doubt, and I gave her all the encouragement I could for their marriage. I got home and all I could think about is how am I going to start all over, where am I going to go, who will get the kids, what kind of [censored] hole apartment I might end up in and what will become of my WW, whom I still love dearly.

I interrogated my W for the few 45 minutes we had alone. I explained that I am leaving her if she fails this test. I told her she has to be honest for me to stay with her. I told her I fully intend to start our new lives or continue our marriage with the outcome of a stranger reading a machine because I cannot believe a word she says. I told her if she is lying she will fail, if she isn't she still might fail. I begged, I pleaded, I told her I want this marriage and am scared to death she will fail.
She is holding firm and said the big bomb and only bomb she had was the auto repair guy and she didn't give me the short version. She said there is no other man, no more sex, nothing more to tell. She said her heart is clean and she is ready for the poly. Wants to do it so I will stop asking these miserable questions. She is looking at where to get the funds to get it done and over with. She said she is going to start calling around tomorrow to schedule the poly.

I do not need to keep killing the little bit of my marriage I have left. I have to assume she has told me the truth, until the day of the poly. I fully expect to be heartbroken on that day, but must keep a positive attitude until then. Wouldn't it be ironic if she passed the test, but I destroyed every chance we have by beating her with honesty every day until then. I cannot be filled with doubt, as it is killing me and my marriage. I must stay positive and let the polygraph give me the final answer.
I am at the bottom, I am exhausted, I do not have the energy to keep this up. I am ready to throw in the towel and let my world crumble into the [censored] I have learned is my reality. What a horrible night. Just venting, sorry.

And to top it all off I cannot even look to see I am posting under W's user name.

Senn,

No one is trying to instill doubt so much as to get you looking at the problem correctly. You view every bit of work towards recovery as instilling doubt.

The truth is really this: She has lied for a very very loooong time and had multiple affairs. SHE INSTILLED DOUBT. Not you, not OMW, not the posters. Having a positive attitude is very different from trusting her.

If her hand was in the till, would you let her hold the money until she took a polygraph? Even after being caught stealing from it multiple times? THAT my friend is foolishness and not wisdom.

If she passes the poly, you thank her for finally being honest and move forward. Doubt isn't killing your marriage, adultery is.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
M
Senn, would it be okay for you to use your own username and not your wife's, this is disturbing when you post under each other's names.

When will the poly happen?

Me, FWW: 43
Mr_Recon6mo, FWH: 44
DD20 and DS23
3 cats
Married 23 years, together 24
Divorcing

M
M
Thanks for the update, Senn. I have been thinking about next steps and I hope you are too. GEtting the truth and cutting off contact with the OM and his family is just the first step. Now the hard work of TRUE recovery comes.

The reason that your marriage did not recover from 10 years ago is because of this:
Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley in Requirements for Recovery
The plan I recommend for recovery after an affair is very specific. That's because I've found that even small deviations from that plan are usually disastrous. But when it's followed, it always works. The plan has two parts that must be implemented sequentially. The first part of the plan is for the unfaithful spouse to completely separate from the lover and eliminate the conditions that made the affair possible.
here

In other words, the conditions that led to her affair<s> have never been eliminated. In your case, your wife is a serial cheater who is addicted to affairs. She actively seeks out affairs with men. So the solution is to remove the conditions that make it possible for her to do that.

Dr Harley recommends that the solution to serial cheating is to create such an integrated lifestyle with your spouse that it would be impossible to cheat. Right off the bat, the fact that your wife works an opposing shift might be the first place to start. If you worked the same shift, you would be together in your off hours and at work at the same time.

This would allow you to do almost EVERYTHING TOGETHER. For example, you would run errands together, ie: grocery shopping, etc.

You could put a GPS on her car or her cell phone so you know where she is at all times. This would prevent her from stopping some place before or after work without you finding out.

Her computer would be off limits unless you are right there WITH HERE.

This is the kind of stuff you should start thinking about, SEM. Take the time to listen to Dr Harley's radio clip I posted above; it addresses serial cheating.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
p.s. I would also suggest that you or your wife tell your kids the whole story. They need to know this is an addiction with your wife so they can help hold her accountable. If they believe this is a one time event, they will not understand the gravity of the problem.

And I suspect they have seen other things growing up. There is no way she controlled herself in front of those kids all the time. They need some clarity about this. And they also need to be able to talk to you about things they might have seen that have caused them confusion.

As the child of a serial cheater, I will tell you that my father introduced me to a few of his OW and it was very confusing to me. It would have been helpful if someone had explained it to me. I grew up believing that adultery was another lifestyle choice and that adults were free to partake of other relationships when the spirit moved them.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Dr Harley in Requirements for Recovery
The plan I recommend for recovery after an affair is very specific. That's because I've found that even small deviations from that plan are usually disastrous. But when it's followed, it always works. The plan has two parts that must be implemented sequentially. The first part of the plan is for the unfaithful spouse to completely separate from the lover and eliminate the conditions that made the affair possible. The second part is for the couple to create a romantic relationship, using my Basic Concepts as a guide.

I'll describe these two parts to you in a little more detail.

The first step, complete separation from the lover and eliminating the conditions that made the affair possible, requires a complete understanding of the affair. All information regarding the affair must be revealed to the betrayed spouse, including the name of the lover, the conditions that made the affair possible (travel, internet, etc.), the details of what took place during the affair, all correspondence, and anything else that would shed light on the tragedy.

This information is important for two reasons: (1) it creates accountability and transparency, making it essentially impossible for the unfaithful spouse to continue the affair or begin a new one unnoticed, and (2) it creates trust for the betrayed spouse, providing evidence that the affair is over and a new one is unlikely to take its place. The nightmares you experience are likely to continue until you have the facts that
will lead to your assurance that your husband can be trusted.

An analysis of the wayward spouse's childhood or emotional state of mind in an effort to discover why he or she would have an affair is distracting and unnecessary. It takes precious time away from finding the real solutions. I know why people have affairs: We are all wired for it. Given certain conditions, we would all do it. Given other conditions, however, none of us would do it. So the goal of the first step is to discover the conditions that made the affair possible and eliminate them.

After the first step is completed, the second step is to create a romantic relationship between you and your husband using my 10 Basic Concepts here
as your guide. While your relationship may be improving, it won't lead to a romantic relationship because you are not being transparent toward each other. Unspoken issues in a marital relationship lead to a superficiality that ruins romance.

Your nightmares are only the tip of the iceberg. They are but a small reflection of the suffering you experienced when you discovered your husband's affair, and the fear you have that the suffering will be repeated. You have no assurance that the affair is over because you don't even know who the other woman is. You are being asked to trust your husband, who has already proven to be untrustworthy. For all you know, he could be working with her, or you could be going to the same church, or she could be
your neighbor. And since he won't discuss the details of how the affair took place, you have no assurance that another affair will not take its place.

Infidelity is not something that can be swept under the rug. While those who have affairs want to forget about it and move on, those who are betrayed must take very specific steps before they can fully recover. In your case, those steps have not been taken, and as a result, your fear persists. I will send you a complimentary copy of my book, "Surviving an Affair," if you send me your address. It will describe these two steps to you and provide you with a roadmap toward full recovery. But the path will require full disclosure of all details.
here

Exposure 101

T
T
[quote=maritalbliss]
[/quote This seems to be a non-issue with you, since you've already stated that you will continue to raise these children as yours. So this issue doesn't need to be raised again, unless you want it to be raised. /quote]

Bliss, Thank you, I cannot agree enough. My children are my children and if I didn't know for sure, I would not want to know. I love them very much and wouldn't want that to change just because they don't have my DNA. That is not the case, I do know for sure. How I know isn't relative to resolving the problems I am having in my marriage, and does not need to be discussed here.

You didn't think that the poly being scheduled would make WW sing. I don't know about making "the Fat Lady" sing though poly's make WW's sing the Affair Aria.

Also you don't know if the kids are your's.

You are confusing grasping at straws with scientific fact to justify they are not OC.

Stop spinning your wheels and get a DNA test.

You don't want to believe what we have been selling here.

We told you serial cheater. That there have been other men. You did not want to believe us. Well the longer you have gone on here new OM are popping up.

P
P
Dear Senn,

How are you holding up?
There is a lot for you to take in. A lot going on.
Do you feel you are mentally & emotionally strong right now?
Do you feel overwhelmed and close to a nervous breakdown?

M
M
Originally Posted by TheRoad

He has enough to deal with right now and has asked that this be dropped. This is not something that needs to be addressed right now.

Exposure 101

M
M
Also you don't know if the kids are your's.

You are confusing grasping at straws with scientific fact to justify they are not OC.

You don't want to believe what we have been selling here.
He has already said that a DNA test won't change anything. He will continue to love and rear those kids regardless of that. So there's no reason to waste $500 - 1000 on tests that will be of no value to him.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
I do not need to keep killing the little bit of my marriage I have left.

Nobody's suggesting that. Is that why you are trying to avoid unpleasant facts? Because you think it will lead to ruining your marriage?

On the contrary, you have to face unpleasant truths if you want to save your marriage.

That's why I keep trying to persuade you to become willing to come face to face with unpleasantness.

Your desire to avoid unpleasant thoughts is going to kill your marriage, Senn. Quit shooting messengers, and GET REAL, buddy. I want to see you guys recover, which is why I am telling you this.

I fully expect to be heartbroken on that day, but must keep a positive attitude until then.

It's like you think you're the expert on this. You are working Plan Senn, not Plan Marriage Builders. Your plan is "avoid thinking anything unpleasant, avoid doubt, stay positive."

Your plan is irrelevant to success, other than the fact that it will cause you to avoid doing the things you actually need to do.

If you cannot focus on the real plan here, you are going to lose.

Wouldn't it be ironic if she passed the test, but I destroyed every chance we have by beating her with honesty every day until then.

Nobody is suggesting that you do this.

If you cannot focus on what you are really being told to do, instead of irrational fantasies that noone has suggested you do, you are not going to make it.

Please, Senn -- GET REAL.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
N
N
So there's no reason to waste $500 - 1000 on tests that will be of no value to him

...and the possible future value to the kids of having their medical/genetic history complete is of no import?

Here we go on yet another vein of the "truth" vs "fact" debate.

The "truth" may be that SP would hold these progeny to be "his" regardless of whose little swimmers scored, but the "fact" of the source of their conception is not subject to subjective feelings.

I agree with SP that if he would be fearful that learning a fact disruptive to his belief in his parentage of the children would damage his affection/care for them, then simply acknowledging that situation and accepting that the genetic facts being available to them carries less weight is the way to go.

The middle ground would be to include in the poly, "Do you suspect that any of our children would not be mine?" No $500 charge involved.

P
P
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
...and the possible future value to the kids of having their medical/genetic history complete is of no import?

Well, we have some experience in this regard.
Both kids are adopted.
No DNA testing required.
The kids know a few details about their bio mom (same person for both kids) and they know nothing about bio dads.
And, they never will.
She, and they, are much too dangerous to contact.

When I was an RNP working up an adopted patient with unknown family medical history, I was able to give them excellent care anyway.

It's no big deal.

In order for Senn's kids to know their medical/genetic history (if they are not biologically his), OM would need to cooperate. Nooo

I vote NO DNA TESTING under these circumstances and after all these years.

T
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband

In order for Senn's kids to know their medical/genetic history (if they are not biologically his), OM would need to cooperate. Nooo

OM does not have to be involved to determine if Senn is the dad.

However if OM was tested it and he was not the dad then we have further truth of his WW being a serial cheater.

Nothing wrong with a BH loving OC as they were his bio.

The way a poly getting a WW to start singing the truth/the Affair Aria, telling the truth before the poly test day. A DNA test will only further to get the truth out of the WW.

DNA test can show that Senn is not the dad and they are OC.

DNA test can also show that the kids are only step siblings. Same mom different dads. And again the OM/OMs don't have to be involved.

There is no reason or advantage to test the OM/OMs at this point either.

M
M
A DNA test to determine parentage does not give a complete genetic history. It would only confirm on a percentage scale the probablity that senn is the biological father.

I still say ix-nay on the test. Senn does not want it. Having said that, I am assuming that senn is going to tell his children about their wayward mother's affair. I think if the children desire to learn more about their parentage they have the right to ask for a DNA test.

Senn doesn't want one. He's got the right to decide that.

Last edited by maritalbliss; 12/09/11 04:42 PM.

D-Day 2-10-2009

E
E
I agree with you MB, but Senn will have this nagging in his mind each day.

Again, Senn, she is trickle-truthing you and I do not believe she is telling the 100 percent truth at all. She is in "cya" mode.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
P
P
Originally Posted by TheRoad
Originally Posted by Pepperband

OM does not have to be involved to determine if Senn is the dad.

Here is MY POINT, Road.
NeverGuessed seemed to think/imply/suggest that a DNA test would provide Senn's kids with "medical/genetic history".

This is factually not true.

Be aware that a desire for "complete" medical or genetic history/information is NOT a valid rationale to complete a paternity DNA test.

The word "complete" in this context bothers me too. But, I digress.

Last edited by Pepperband; 12/11/11 11:27 AM.
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 906 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation