Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2575204 12/14/11 07:35 PM
K
OP Offline
K
I saw this movie for the first time in a long time.

It's like a great big wayward heckhole.

One woman's fiance leaves her for an actress who had a history of taking her boyfriends. Then years later the fiance comes back and starts using every dumbsel-in-distress line you've ever heard.

DEFINITELY NOT BS friendly. At all. It disgusted me thoroughly and no one could understand why I sat watching with a horrid look on my face, no one understood why I couldn't just enjoy the movie.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
H
/shrug

I think that Bruce Willis' character was getting his payment. Meryl Streeps character was insufferable, and he fell into a bottle and slept in a lab. Good depiction of a relationship based on betrayal.

The only time movies bug me is if betrayal is depicted as good, or fate, or "following your heart."

I generally tend to hate romantic movies in general, as I miss my innocent and ignorant view of love and marriage.

Oh well, at least Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is around to blow stuff up and punch guys.

THAT I like.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
K
OP Offline
K
Yeah, The Rock is cool.

Anyway, the movie itself is an accurate depiction of the wayward decline.

And it disgusted me even more so when his former fiance throws herself at him--and then tries to play it off like she was resisting it, like she was innocent.

If nothing else the movie is one giant warning for WHs, I suppose...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation