Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2575318 12/15/11 06:32 AM
K
OP Offline
K
What's everyone giving their various acronyms (DH, DW, FWW, FWH...etc) for Christmas, presuming your shopping is done?

I'm bursting to tell someone what I got Al (I hate keeping secrets), so here it goes

A signed 8 x 10 of Odo, a 24-pk of Snickers...and...

A bag of Tim Horton's coffee. I hear it's good. grin

I was just sad that I couldn't find a Tim Hortons' mug on Amazon, because his favorite TH mug got a crack in it and while you can still use it, it actively leaks... frown

I figure, why do what I did last year and give him things that'll sit and collect dust, might as well get him something he'll actually actively enjoy.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
R
R
well its gonna be a very lean x-mas at our house too many bills etc.etc. but the kids are taken care of.

birthdays kind of puts a damper on the cash situation too 2 yr olod daughter 12-19 soon to be 1yr old son 1-11 wifes 12-22 mine 1-14 my oldest son escaped it lol 5-13.

ive managed to scrape together about 20 bucks to get my wife something for her bday/xmas i know there are some new songs out that she wants so im getting her a 15 dollar itunes gift card and a bag of her favorite candy.

i know its not much but its all i can do.

male 43 years old
married 9 years (might not make it to 10 years)
3 kids 1 from previous marraige 2 from current marriage
Rouge1 #2575767 12/16/11 02:40 PM
C
C
Check this out:

http://www.portablenorthpole.tv/home

its hilarious, you can make a personalized message (really sweet for the kids) or a quite, um, poignant one for an adult. Send it straight to their email.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2576122 12/17/11 10:12 PM
C
C
First I need to post this for my wife : DON"T READ FURTHER!!!....

Ok that said, it is a pretty lean Christmas here as well and with my work schedule, I haven't had time to shop. I want to be home. Even if I am tucked away.

This year my wife asked for art and since I am a bit of an artist, I am doing 2 things.

1. A calligraphy of Pro 31:30 " Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.".

The "C" is a large illuminated goose done in the "book of Kells" style.

2. The second is an asian coi watercolor. This one should be a challenge since I don't use watercolors that much.

Now I just gotta get some nice frames.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 575 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation