Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 107 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 106 107
L
L
GJM --

You still belong here. You're just in a new phase of the program.

You need to stop putting so much stock into what your WW says.
What she says just doesn't matter. Her comments are all about the "feelings" she has, and you know what? Feelings change.

Her feelings will change when OM lets her down. Her feelings will change when she is missing her family. Her feelings will change when she doesn't get what she wants.

She's using her words to hurt you because it fits her agenda.
She doesn't want you to fight for her, she wants you to go away and leave her to her affair business without guilt.

WORK YOUR PLAN. Your plan doesn't revolve around your feelings of the moment. Plan A and all its elements are followed by Plan B and its elements. Where are you in that? Think logically and strategically -- and stop being swayed by her emotional crap.

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thank you for your responses. I received my copy of SAA today and have been reading it for the last hour. If I had to categorize who my situation was similar too, it would be Jon and Sue. I believe there's more to my story that make it more difficult, but I do see Plan B/D as taking place very shortly.

WW sent me a text apologizing for saying I was lying about the investigator and that she was glad she was wrong. She then asked if I was coming to dinner, but I told her I had plans to meet up with a friend. I think I will listen to you guys and use myself to help others here. I have already started helping others at work.

I refuse to be gaslighted and I demand a loving marriage.

Last edited by GJM; 12/15/11 03:43 PM.

Me: BH 36
Her: WW 34
Kids: D 14, S 12, S 9
DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
Filed for D 10/2011-Papers Served 11/2011
Divorce final May 24, 2012
My Story

R
R
Taker talking.
Your Taker is fed up with no needs being met.

Keep reading.

N
N
Originally Posted by Lexxxy
GJM --

What she says just doesn't matter. Her comments are all about the "feelings" she has, and you know what? Feelings change.

Her feelings will change when OM lets her down. Her feelings will change when she is missing her family. Her feelings will change when she doesn't get what she wants.

She doesn't want you to fight for her, she wants you to go away and leave her to her affair business without guilt.

WORK YOUR PLAN. Your plan doesn't revolve around your feelings of the moment. Plan A and all its elements are followed by Plan B and its elements. Where are you in that? Think logically and strategically -- and stop being swayed by her emotional crap.

Well said, Lexxxy--especially the last part.

GJM- as you saw by her text today and what she was saying a few days ago, her mood will change all over the place. Just try to disengage from any of these "talks" with her...there is no reasoning, there is no getting through, there is no convincing an active wayward that what they are doing is wrong or negatively impacting others. In her mind, she is right, her actions have zero negative consequences, you are wrong and are the cause of all of her and the world's problems and that's just how it is inside her little world.

It's nothing unusual, and I'm serious when we have all heard the same drivel from our own wayward spouses, but it's beyond frustrating trying to live with so we would all support whatever decision you made.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

T
T
Originally Posted by Lexxxy
GJM --

GJM, this is so true.

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
WW is really ticked off now...I told her family about the prepaid phone. I now have possession of it again. The investigator took photos of the messages and returned it. I will hang on to it as proof in case her family wants to see it.
Her response was "you just can't stop". I didn't answer the text.

Her anger rages on. I guess I'm really not going to dinner now.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

K
K
Yes, how dare you stick up for your marriage, you just can't stop doing that, can you? Shame on you! uhuh

Just kidding, of course. You're busting the heck out of her affair and making it quite uncomfortable. It's working!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
I want to say thank you for all the support and advice that you all have given to me since I've been here.
GJM, sit your butt back down. You're not going anywhere. We need you here to help new posters in your sitch! (and, sadly, there are plenty.)

I also think that, if you do this right, your WW is going to want to eventually come home. It's going to be up to you at that point, of course, if you want to have her back.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
I want to say thank you for all the support and advice that you all have given to me since I've been here.
GJM, sit your butt back down. You're not going anywhere. We need you here to help new posters in your sitch! (and, sadly, there are plenty.)

I also think that, if you do this right, your WW is going to want to eventually come home. It's going to be up to you at that point, of course, if you want to have her back.

Ahhhhh! Ok listen to this; so my DS11 takes off with his camel back full of water and doesn't tell my WW. She calls me frantically and says our son just took off. He ends up coming back and tells her that I said he could come over. She's yelling at me and accusing me that I said it was ok. I told her no I didn't say it was ok. Then she starts telling me joint custody is a bad idea. I get her to calm down and tell her about the things she doesn't tell me so she knows that she can't point fingers at me. She says she will calm down and call back.

She calls back and accuses me of telling DS11 that he can live with me. He tells her to move back to her county and leave him with me. He also tells her that he's calling child services for abuse. She tells me that it's not fair that we're friends and I get to reap all the benefits while she looks like the bad guy. I told her we were all hurting and this is the result of what she did. She says the kids need counseling. I say no, they need two parents to raise them.

WW says that the kids are acting up and she doesn't understand why. She's in tears. I tell her that I wanted more than this for us and she says she has to go. DS11 is hurting the most from all of this. He's too involved and I told him that. He said it's ok because he wants his family back. I need to let him know that his actions could put my custody arrangement in jeopardy. Poor guy.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

N
N
Originally Posted by GJM
WW says that the kids are acting up and she doesn't understand why.

Umm, because you're having an affair and trying to break up the family. That's why.

Of course, disengage and don't get in an argument after you tell her that. But, when she brings it up, I wouldn't pass on an opportunity to point out the effects of her adultery.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

S
S
I do agree that your children need counseling. All children need to learn how to deal with their feelings while their home is being ripped apart. YOU should agree to the counselor and tell the counselor the TRUTH about what is going on in their life. It could be to your benefit, and will definitely be to theirs.

This is an extremely difficult time to be your children.

Now, enough talk about giving up. DrH told you to give it 2 years, so do that. Get whatever you need ready for Plan B, so you can enter it when you need to.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Went to WWs apt after the whole incident and had a talk with DS11. He is very upset about having to stay with WW. He told me he doesn't want to be there and wishes I would let him live with me. I tried to explain to him that there was a legal process involved and we had to do it the right way or I could end up losing more custody time with him. I know he doesn't understand why I can't let him stay here full time and some of you will tell me that there isn't a court order, but when it comes time to go before a judge, I will be perceived as hostile. I am keeping notes to make sure I do this the right way and I'm making a plan on how to win custody, but I don't want to do it by keeping the kids away from their mom. CA will not allow the kids to be split up either. It's unfortunate too. I had to reassure him that I wasn't abandoning him and I was trying to do things the legal way. It was a difficult sell, but I think he now understands. He isn't speaking to WW and I don't know why she won't just agree to let him live with me, but I'm sure it has to do with money.

I actually went out with a buddy of mine this evening. It's my first night out alone in forever. He is a Christian as well and told me to call him any time I need to talk because having Christian brothers to lean on will help. I was happy to meet up with him. We were Drill Instructors together, but he ended up getting out of the Marine Corps because of his knees. He remembers two years ago when he was going through marital problems and I told him he was being a D*** because he was being selfish and only thinking of himself. It was because of my comment that made him do some self help and recover his marriage. I'm the type of person that doesn't count how many people I help and it's always refreshing to have people thank me from time to time.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I got an email from Joyce Harley:

I wanted you to know that we �discussed your great email question of December 13 on today�s Marriage Builders Radio Show, Friday December 16.

You can listen to the show by going to www.marriagebuilders and clicking on Listen Now on the homepage. �This show will be replayed the entire weekend until Monday the 19th at noon.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

I
I
Ive had a look - it's not there? Or am I looking wrong place...

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
It's there...My story is first....click rebroadcast...it's every 45 minutes until Monday. Lucky me!

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

S
S
Originally Posted by GJM
It's there...My story is first....click rebroadcast...it's every 45 minutes until Monday. Lucky me!

I heard it.

What did you think of his advice?

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
It was the same advice he gave me in his email, but I enjoyed hearing the broadcast. What did you think?

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

I
I
Just heard it I thought he explained it really well.

Especially the buying presents!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

G
GJM Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I have no idea what to buy her for Christmas....she's the type that doesn't like flowers, jewelry, or the typical things that women like.

DDay 1-6/2009
DDay 2-9/2011
DDay 3-11/2011
My Story

S
S
I don't like the typical girly things either. But, I am still pretty easy to buy for, if people think about it. Brainstorm. What stories did she tell you about from her childhood? Is there a place you both visited? Throw some thoughts out here, we'll help ya along.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 51 of 107 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 106 107

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation