Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
People who have NPD have a really tough time doing the questionaires in step 2 of plan A. He is acting as if it is painful. He has made the most colorful excuses- "I'm not a writer", "I don't have time".
I have been visiting Dr. Harleys' site for two and half years and last july my WH saw me watching and listening he decided to purchase it. He thought it would be yet another tool to be used to control and manipulate me like he used the bible, the love dare, and jimmy and karen evans. Dr. Harley has it set up so beautifully that it's step by step and he tells that doing it order is just as important as doing it. My WS signed the commitment agreement but then did nothing in it, I've been waiting more than five months for step two to be completed as friends and co-parents we get along but intimacy and marriage there's nothing left

It's to see when my eyes are upon me.
married 8 years
affair ended one year ago i ended it for WH
him: 44
me: 42
M
M
If you are having a motivation problem then I would get professional help from the Harleys. They can motivate your H to do the hard work and keep him on track.

In your case, I would sign up for the online program because they assign you a coach and you have daily access to Dr Harley. That coach contacts you WEEKLY about your lessons and if your H is not doing them, they will work with him to keep him motivated.

I think they even deduct the cost of the home study program if you have already bought that.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
bruised,

While some of the things you describe can certainly be because you have never fully recovered, there are a couple red flags in your post that make me wonder if there is any more contact. (For example NPD is a way that people often describe waywards)

Who was the OW? Coworker? Friend?

Do you have snooping in place such as GPS & keylogger to ensure that the A didn't just go further underground?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
K
K
Has your husband been diagnosed with NPD? Or does he just exhibit a lot of narcissistic traits?

I agree with MelodyLane's suggestion that you should sign up for the online program. Another person can add a layer of accountability.

Me: BS 51
Himself: WH 53, EA/PA w/ RunnerSlut his "running buddy."
Buncha' kids. The two youngest are still minors.
Separated: 08/13/09 after 25 years of marriage
Plan D: Filed 11/13/09 Final 3/30/11
MC told me that he probably has a personality disorder
H
H
If your husband is seeing all of these things as ways to manipulate and/or control him, then one thing I would suggest - and you aren't going to like hearing - is that you assess how you are selling him on these ideas.

If you keep trying to "fix" him with this material, he isn't going to change.

If you keep YOUR side of the street clean, and MODEL what this program has to offer HIM, you may find him more receptive.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 603 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation