Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 64 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 63 64
T
T
NeverGuessed...here you go - salmon loaf:

Salmon Loaf, Easy Dill Sauce Recipe for Lent

0�Comments Published by Karyn Zoldan March 21st, 2009 in Comfort Foods, Family Traditions, Healthy Lifestyle Choices, Recipes.

Every now and then I have a craving for my mother�s salmon loaf.

Salmon Loaf Ingredients

1 tall can red salmon, drain juice and reserve 1/4 cup
3/4 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs
2 tablespoons chopped onions or onion flakes
1 can cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Preheat a lightly greased (or sprayed) loaf dish. Flake salmon. Mix all ingredients and pour into the greased loaf dish. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Serves 5 or 6.

If you want to get a little fancy, add an easy cucumber dill sauce made with 1/3 cup peeled/seeded/finely chopped cucumber, 1/3 cup�low fat sour cream, 1/3 fat free plain yogurt, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill, and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard. Make a few hours in advance to marinate flavors. Spoon over plated �salmon loaf and garnish with cherry tomatoes.

NG, I usually cut up some olives and add them to the mix - they give a tangy flavor. Also, instead of making the cucumber/dill sauce from scratch, I just set our a bottle of Kraft Cucumber Ranch dressing.

T
T
Chef Rosetti's Hearty Winter Soup

Here is Chef Joe Rosetti's "mystery" recipe as seen on Living Healthy Chicago! Can YOU make it for less than $20?
Chef Rosetti�s Hearty Winter Soup
1 lb ground turkey (can use lean ground beef)
� pound pre-cooked beans (we used marinated Judion beans) can also use great northern white beans
1 bunch kale
3 parsnips
2 shallots
3 medium sized tomatoes
1 clove garlic
zest of 1 lemon
1 egg
small loaf fresh bread (use multi-grain or gluten free for added health benefits)
� pound shredded cheese (We used Podda, an aged artesian cheese made from sheep and cow�s milk. It has a sweet, nutty flavor and a crumbly and slightly crunchy texture)
1 quart chicken stock (vegetable stock can be used as well)
extra virgin olive oil
2 TB chopped fresh parsley
1 TB chopped fresh basil
half cup white wine
chili flakes
salt

Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
-Roast one head of garlic in oven
Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic. Place the garlic heads in a baking pan; muffin pans work well. Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil over each head, using your fingers to make sure the garlic head is well coated. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 400�F for 30-35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed. Allow the garlic to cool enough so you can touch it without burning yourself. Use a small knife cut the skin slightly around each clove. Use a cocktail fork or your fingers to pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins. Mash cloves and set aside. Turn oven up to 450 degrees.
-Assemble Meatballs
Place ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add a pinch of salt, egg, 2TB fresh parsley, 1TB fresh basil, half of shredded cheese, 1 TB lemon zest. Mix together and roll into 2oz balls. Set aside.
-Prepare Veggies for soup
Chop Kale and tomatoes into large pieces, dice shallots, slice parsnips.
-Brown meatballs
Heat about 2TB olive oil into medium size pan on medium-high heat. Season meatballs with salt and pepper . Place meatballs in pan and brown on all sides. Pour out any fat and oil from pan. Deglaze pan with white wine. Place pan in oven at 450 degrees for 6-7 minutes.
-Start soup
Place a quarter cup of olive oil into large pot on medium heat. Add parsnips, shallot, kale, tomatoes, pinch salt and a pinch of chili flakes, 2 oz white wine and 3 cups of chicken stock, and a the remaining half of roasted garlic. Let simmer until meatballs are done.
Once meatballs come out of the oven, coat pan with about a quarter cup of soup broth to release fond and pour meatballs and fond into soup. Add beans and let simmer 12-15 minutes.
Cut bread into thick slices and toast. Pour soup over bread. Top with remaining shredded cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Serves 4
Copyright � 2011, CLTV, Chicago
wgntv-chef-rosettis-hearty-winter-soup-20111110

Also, here is Chef Roseti's response to a couple of questions I emailed to him:

Thomas. Thank you for you're interest. For sure you can sub any bean for the judion. Although white beans are proper. More traditional. As far as the beef. It should be ground. Whether beef, pork, chicken... The " meatball" adds to the traditional feel. And you need ground protein for that reason. Feel free to sub any vegetable or stock. Depending on what you like. Try escarole or Swiss chard. Maybe add mushrooms or Brussels sprouts. Let me know how it goes.

S
S
Tonight I cooked Hake fillets wrapped in parma ham with a confit of tomatoes. I served it with Dauphinoise potatoes and buttered spinach.

Each one of the dishes was simple to make, but really impressive, individually and together. It was restaurant quality, if I say so myself. A very nice treat for a quiet Tuesday evening at home!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Tonight I cooked Hake fillets wrapped in parma ham with a confit of tomatoes. I served it with Dauphinoise potatoes and buttered spinach.

Lord only knows what that is, but I suspect that yankee devil, Neverguessed, will love it because it has pesto in it. He loves that foolishness... TEEF

Mel<----off to eat my RIBEYE!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
What are you all cooking tomorrow?

We're having turkey, but you've just had that a month ago!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Except for the Canadians, who had it two months ago.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
N
N
We're having turkey, but you've just had that a month ago!

"Wot? The prize turkey? The one as big as me?" (Apologies to CD!)

Bride is preparing my favorite - salmon filets baked with mushrooms and spices inside puff-pastry, for us, our son, and recently married daughter-and-son-in-law.

S
S
Salmon en croute! That's very popular over here. It's made with some sort of spread on the fish, such as blended raisins, almonds and butter. You make a fish sandwich with that in the middle and then spread another layer of the paste on top of the top fillet, then wrap in pastry. There is quite a lot of butter, so as it cooks it seeps through the pastry and forms a nice little puddle.

Yum.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
yankees and foreigners!! TEEF Can't you people eat normal food like ROAST BEEF??

Turkey is for Thanksgiving, silly!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
Mr Pep is making salmon something-or-other.
I'm probably eating toast or bananas or something else with little to no fun/flavor/pizazz.
I'm feeling pretty grinchy about now.

N
N
You make a fish sandwich...

Same with her recipe, with the filling being composed of garlic, shallots, butter and (I think) lemon juice.

Shall I pry the specifics from her and post here? (Never fear: I'll install the "unreadable south of the Mason/Dixon line" filter!) wink

S
S
Yes please!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
For Christmas EVE dinner we are having Fuzzy's Fantastic South Texas Road Meat Chili. laugh

If you yankees and foreigners are nice to me, I will share the recipe!

Exposure 101

M
M
The Official Christmas Meal for the Bliss Household:

Honeybaked Ham (buns optional)with sweet mustard
Scalloped potatoes
Devilled eggs
Sauerkraut balls
Spinach dip in a pumpernickel bread round

Directions:
Eat until stuffed. Sprawl in front of TV and watch Raymond Briggs' "The Snowman", "Father Christmas" and endless repetitions of "A Christmas Story."
Repeat as desired.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

M
M
That is a good AMERICAN Christmas dinner, MB! Ham is not roast beef, but it is a close second and pretty good for a yankee.

Here is what we are having:

PRIME RIB ROAST
mashed taters
green bean casserole
corn [so my son can make his bird's nest in his mashed taters laugh ]
devilled eggs
homemade yeast rolls
sugar free cheesecake with strawberries
sweet potato pie

Exposure 101

N
N
...South Texas Road Meat Chili...

Armadillo? Snake? Coyote? Oppossum? A m�lange of all of them? Will you tell us? Do we really want to know?

S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
For Christmas EVE dinner we are having Fuzzy's Fantastic South Texas Road Meat Chili. laugh

If you yankees and foreigners are nice to me, I will share the recipe!
Road Kill Chili?

I don't think I want to know the ingredients for that one!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

Armadillo? Snake? Coyote? Oppossum? A m�lange of all of them? Will you tell us? Do we really want to know?
You beat me to it by seconds, NG! Great minds, and all that!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

My understanding is that the type of meat can vary as long as they witnessed the car actually hit it. rotflmao

Last edited by maritalbliss; 12/24/11 03:35 PM.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

N
N
With all due respect, SC, mentioning "seconds" in the same thought-string as Texas Road-kill Chili is....upsetting! sick

Page 12 of 64 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation