Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
C
Originally Posted by tilly37
I still love WH so will stay plan B deep
Ummm, Tilly you do know that Plan B is for YOU? Personal recovery. Regardless of whether WH decides to grow up and meet your conditions for recovery.

I know I entered Plan B more for recovery of my marriage. I was too shell-shocked to really grasp the concepts at the time.

Be clear on this. If WH decides to try to recover your marriage and meet your conditions, great, consider it a bonus. But if not, Plan B is for YOU.

Today is DS1 Nativity, I will NOT get overly emotional at WH missing his 3rd and last Nativity.

I will not give up on my family.
Enjoy the day. Enjoy what WH is missing out on due to his own choices. Recognise your grief. And enjoy this special day anyway.

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
T
tilly37 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Caracal
I still love WH so will stay plan B deep
Ummm, Tilly you do know that Plan B is for YOU? Personal recovery. Regardless of whether WH decides to grow up and meet your conditions for recovery.

I know I entered Plan B more for recovery of my marriage. I was too shell-shocked to really grasp the concepts at the time.

Be clear on this. If WH decides to try to recover your marriage and meet your conditions, great, consider it a bonus. But if not, Plan B is for YOU.

Yes it is for ME this time. I understand that.
smile

Today is DS1 Nativity, I will NOT get overly emotional at WH missing his 3rd and last Nativity.

I will not give up on my family.
Enjoy the day. Enjoy what WH is missing out on due to his own choices. Recognise your grief. And enjoy this special day anyway.

Thank you.

ME: 38
WH:38
DS1 - 6
DS2- 11
Married 17 years
DDay: Sept 13th 2010 - He simply left so no Plan A
December - July 2011 Plan B
July 2011 - OW had still born
August - December 2011 Not Plan B (texting we loved each other)
WH returned for 1 night then left for OW

16th December 2011 - Tight Dark Plan B
T
tilly37 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I am here as I am not texting WH I so want to text him but to say what that hasn't been said before. "i'm devastated" no point. He knows what he has done. It's only 3 days no contact and I do feel better well not so tearful.

The boys keeps me going, I feel so much anger that he can put them through this. Monday night the youngest was snuggled in between us on the couch.

His mother phoned 6 times on Friday, thankfully I was asleep, she couldn't get WH and he was threatening suicide.

I told her he is his own person he shouldn't do that to get attention and I did not want to hear about him and his depression anymore, he has made his choices.

If that is what an affair does to someone ???? I mean why ?? At the moment he sounds as if he is STILL and will continue to be in ME ME ME mode, I may stay with parents Christmas Eve to avoid him coming down and having to face anxiousness then.

I am certainly in Dark Plan B after reading Scotlands thread she has progressed so much but I cried her WH is not back.

DS1 - 6
DS2- 11
Married 17 years

M
M
I am certainly in Dark Plan B after reading Scotlands thread she has progressed so much but I cried her WH is not back.
Tilly, Plan B does not automatically mean you get your spouse back. It means you develop healthy boundaries and become a stronger, healthier person. That's the goal of Plan B. You distance yourself from the toxic nature of your wayward as a measure of care for yourself.

It's sad to me that you don't see the growth in Scotty's thread. I consider her thread to be a great story of surviving adultery and being better for it.

Last edited by maritalbliss; 12/18/11 09:15 AM.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

L
L
If that is what an affair does to someone ???? I mean why ?? At the moment he sounds as if he is STILL and will continue to be in ME ME ME mode, I may stay with parents Christmas Eve to avoid him coming down and having to face anxiousness then.

Tragically, yes, this is what adultery does to the perpetrators. I never understood the depth of the selfishness until I realized that my own FWH didn't CARE that he was hurting anyone at that time. No adulterer does. There seems to be no shame or honor or a shred of decency remaining. And it seems to get worse the longer it goes on.

Proverbs warns us that a man (or woman) who commits adultery lacks judgment and destroys his (her) own soul. It's really a horror to watch it happening right before your own eyes.

The best you can do right now is to follow the plan as has been laid out for you and do your best to continue living a very honorable life with your children. Get all the support you can from your family and friends. Going to your parents for this year's Christmas sounds like a wonderful plan. It will be a welcomed time of peace and diversion for you and your children.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
T
tilly37 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Tilly, Plan B does not automatically mean you get your spouse back. It means you develop healthy boundaries and become a stronger, healthier person. That's the goal of Plan B. You distance yourself from the toxic nature of your wayward as a measure of care for yourself.

It's sad to me that you don't see the growth in Scotty's thread. I consider her thread to be a great story of surviving adultery and being better for it.

Yes I must stop negative thinking. I don't think WH will ever be able to come back here I am waiting on a phone call but it's to do with his circumstances where he is, I may lose my Dc if he moved back here.

DS1 - 6
DS2- 11
Married 17 years

T
tilly37 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by LongWayFromHome

Tragically, yes, this is what adultery does to the perpetrators. I never understood the depth of the selfishness until I realized that my own FWH didn't CARE that he was hurting anyone at that time. No adulterer does. There seems to be no shame or honor or a shred of decency remaining. And it seems to get worse the longer it goes on.

Proverbs warns us that a man (or woman) who commits adultery lacks judgment and destroys his (her) own soul. It's really a horror to watch it happening right before your own eyes.

The best you can do right now is to follow the plan as has been laid out for you and do your best to continue living a very honorable life with your children. Get all the support you can from your family and friends. Going to your parents for this year's Christmas sounds like a wonderful plan. It will be a welcomed time of peace and diversion for you and your children.

Yes I am completely Dark and hope to heal next year, this time properly. Thank you.

DS1 - 6
DS2- 11
Married 17 years

T
tilly37 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
As I thought I may lose my children or will most certainly have Social Services in my life so I am in strict Plan B hoping this will heal me until Plan D.

DS1 - 6
DS2- 11
Married 17 years

T
tilly37 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Still in Plan B possibly Plan D. Although he was calling the house phone on Tuesday so that number has been changed, I did not answer it, I unplugged it. I could have been out but 8 times he rang.

It still hurts but I feel better than last week, GP thinks I may have had slight breakdown due to WH coming and going in my life over the last year, she wants him gone, she sees it as abuse, his way of controlling me, keeping me hanging, not taking his name off the Tenancy, she gave the local police abuse liaison officers number, I will not call it, or is it abuse, or is he just messed up, well I know he is but abuse?

My parents have saved my Christmas this year as I have done nothing.

I have been put onto medication for not eating, sleeping crying etc.

Wishing all MB's a lovely Christmas.

DS1 - 6
DS2- 11
Married 17 years

S
S
Oh tilly, I am so sorry you are hurting so badly right now.

I did suspect that you were suffering from depression and I am glad that you have finally told your full story to your GP so that you can get the degree of medication that is appropriate. It is not surprising that you have been at or near breakdown with what you have been through.

You can see now why Dr H recommends a very short Plan A (3-4 weeks) for women, followed by a proper Plan B if the affair does not end. The continued pain of the affair seriously affects our mental health. I did not not know anything about Marriage Builders when I was going through repeated D Days, so I did not realise that I was making things worse for my health by trying to plod on in the marriage. I hope that you will take both our and your doctor's advice to have nothing to do with WH.

That God for your parents. Have the best Christmas possible under the circumstances, you and the children.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

Thank you MB.

Tilly, I am sorry that you are feeling this way. I can't imagine the pain of having gone through it for so long.

TBH, there are small tiny moments that I find myself sad that my WH hasn't come home. For the most part, I am saddened that he doesn't see the destructiveness of his affair on himself, but more importantly on our children. Selfishness wasn't something he used to be. And that is the saddest part of waywardness, the way it changes the wayward.

Don't feel sad for me(although I have more of a sneaking suspicion that you are actually sad because you feel like I have done an excellent Plan B and it didn't bring my WH back, so what are the chances with you own, and that's okay).

There is a lot to go through being in the MB plans(any of them really) and you come out a better person on the other side. Sometimes, we just do it without the marriage. That's okay, especially since we don't want to be dragged down with our WS. Where they are going, no one should follow. Think of this time as your rock bottom, and know that there is nowhere to go but UP.

Hang tough, Christmas is hard even 2 years into Plan B, but it is easier than it was last year. Progress not perfection. You'll get there. One step at a time.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
T
tilly37 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you SugarCane we will go down to my parents tonight to stay which feels strangely comforting usually and lovely and Christmassy so the boys love it!!

Plan A the boys and Plan B WH.

I will have to think of Divorce when I feel better but do not want to at the moment.

His mother said yesterday, "it's his choice he will have to live with it" I told her I would be going to counselling and he needed to stop coming to the house and I didn't want to hear any more about him.

I know him he will test me, he will come down he may leave it a while but he will, I will get well, take him to court to remove his name from the Tenancy then he can no longer stop me moving house in the meantime he will get no response from me, for my sanity.

DS1 - 6
DS2- 11
Married 17 years

T
tilly37 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you Scotty, yes it's my WH selfishness at at his lack of even wanting to see my DC which saddens me he chooses OW over his own DC and if I am honest yes you had done Class One Plan B and even reading your posts you can see how you have healed more but yes it does sadden me your WH has not came home but every-ones "story" or "life" is different and things happen in different ways for all of us and we cannot see what is ahead and now I am rambling smile

Thank you all.

DS1 - 6
DS2- 11
Married 17 years

S
S
You said you have read my thread, so you should know, rambling is very much allowed around here.

Follow the plans and I GUARANTEE that you will find much peace and healing. hug

And yes, Plan A your boys, they need you now more than ever.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
T
tilly37 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Yes

Plan A the boys is my Mantra

DS1 - 6
DS2- 11
Married 17 years

S
S
I will get well, take him to court to remove his name from the Tenancy then he can no longer stop me moving house
How does this work, tilly? I am in the UK and I am unaware have having a joint tenancy stops one person from moving house. I thought it just meant that you were both liable for the rent until the end of the tenancy agreement. Is that not so?

Remind me: is your WH supporting you and the boys, or at least paying support for the boys and his share of the rent, if you are working?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
T
tilly37 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by SugarCane
I will get well, take him to court to remove his name from the Tenancy then he can no longer stop me moving house
How does this work, tilly? I am in the UK and I am unaware have having a joint tenancy stops one person from moving house. I thought it just meant that you were both liable for the rent until the end of the tenancy agreement. Is that not so?

Remind me: is your WH supporting you and the boys, or at least paying support for the boys and his share of the rent, if you are working?

Yes SugarCane you are thinking correct but he pays nothing, I have no idea how long this takes but just know my Lawyer sent him a letter saying we would be taking him to Court should he not remove his name, she did not mention the rent!!!

Child Support Agency have caught up with him he is off sick so pays �5.00 per week, yet to be received.

Happy Christmas!

DS1 - 6
DS2- 11
Married 17 years

S
S
Happy Christmas, tilly! Have you had breakfast yet? We're just settling down to eggs, smoked salmon, croissants, bagels, bacon and perhaps some fizz.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
T
tilly37 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Aww that sounds divine, unfortunately Dad believes in keeping yourself ready "for dinner" which is at 3/4pm so I once again sneaked home to let the dog out (again) and to eat some chocolate!!

I do love his dinners though, well worth this wait and they got me a lovely kingsize electric blanket so no more cold nights!!

DS1 - 6
DS2- 11
Married 17 years

S
S
I like the sound of the blanket. I still use a hot water bottle.

Your Dad's dinner sounds worth waiting for! But I agree; chocolate is mandatory all day at Christmas.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation