Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
P
Ruikee. This is turning into a finger pointing match full of he said and she said. I got the impression that your W and son could be in immediate physical danger when you stated that OMW ended up in the hospital for 3 days. Although, I have no doubt that OM is very abusive, mental abuse is very hard to prove. Sadly, I have to say that others will most likely view this as bitter and spiteful.

I agree with nESRE. The legal system is your best bet here. Fight wisely and effectively to protect your son.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

R
Ruikee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks guys, i did call my father in law today to express my concern, he said he appreciated it and would talk to her. I did in fact get served today. I little sad but i know it will all be ok.

BLessings

Me 44
Wife 43
Married 10 Years
D final 4/12
S 3
SS 15
N
N
Originally Posted by Ruikee
Thanks guys, i did call my father in law today to express my concern, he said he appreciated it and would talk to her. I did in fact get served today. I little sad but i know it will all be ok.

BLessings

Ruikee

Sorry to hear that. DO what you can WITHIN the law to be there for your kids. Kids will definately need you if she is going down a slippery slope. Be there all you can for them.

nESRE

M 29 yrs
DS 28 DD 18
Me 53 FWH FBS
MTA signed 5/11/2011
D final 5/16/2011

Free.... and going wherever the big guy wants me to go......
K
K
Got served, for what?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
R
Ruikee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Got served, for what?

My apologies as i havent been through this. I was served with divorce papers yesterday.

Blessings

Me 44
Wife 43
Married 10 Years
D final 4/12
S 3
SS 15
M
M
Hi, Ruikee, I'm sorry to hear all of this. frown I'm sorry I haven't weighed in before now, but the holidays have made my posting very scattershot, and I haven't been able to follow everything.

I am still hoping and praying that you will be able to turn things around, and protect your children (and maybe your wife). As a man who has worked hard on eliminating anger and control in your own life, you are obviously a better choice for your wife than this man she's got going now.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
R
Ruikee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by markos
Hi, Ruikee, I'm sorry to hear all of this. frown I'm sorry I haven't weighed in before now, but the holidays have made my posting very scattershot, and I haven't been able to follow everything.

I am still hoping and praying that you will be able to turn things around, and protect your children (and maybe your wife). As a man who has worked hard on eliminating anger and control in your own life, you are obviously a better choice for your wife than this man she's got going now.

Its ok Markos, i understand. Thank you, i have came a long way. Some people are saying that the reason she is so angry and lashing out at me now, is because i am a person she doesnt like anymore. Meaning, she may like the abusive type, which i am not anymore.
All i know is alot of people that use to not like me, love me now, and i am proud of my progress.

At this point Markos, i dont know what i can do to turn her around. I just dont know. I thought there was an article somewhere about becoming irresistable.

Me 44
Wife 43
Married 10 Years
D final 4/12
S 3
SS 15
M
M
Meaning, she may like the abusive type, which i am not anymore.

She does seem to have picked an abuser, but the truth is that you have a massive advantage over him with her.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
R
Ruikee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks for the encouragement Markos, i also am the father of our son. Joyce has asked me on the show again, i think this thursday, we will have to see what Bill has to say. You are an inspiration on here and many are blessed by your presence.....

Me 44
Wife 43
Married 10 Years
D final 4/12
S 3
SS 15
M
M
I will look forward to hearing you again, Ruikee. At some point I need to listen to all your shows straight through.

R
Ruikee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I will look forward to hearing you again, Ruikee. At some point I need to listen to all your shows straight through.

It looks like they have the email issues worked out as Joyce and I are communication beautifully. They have moved me to Monday now. Again thanks for supporting everyone Markos. Blessings to you and your family.

Bill

Me 44
Wife 43
Married 10 Years
D final 4/12
S 3
SS 15
M
M
Ruikee, I heard this old radio show this morning, and thought it might be helpful for you:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=39

Getting a wife who has checked out of the marriage involved again involves figuring out how to get the chance to deposit those love units. I'm concerned that the last chance you had was spent trying to get her to a retreat with you that would involve education about what both of you "should" be doing in the marriage. Do you see how that was a disrespectful judgment on your part? Since your wife's feeling is she doesn't want to be trapped with a controlling husband, eliminating anything that leads to that feeling is going to be key.

M
M
It looks like they have the email issues worked out as Joyce and I are communication beautifully.

Thank goodness! I've referred so many people to the show only to hear them say they never heard back. And I had the same problem myself. For awhile they would only get my messages when I was sending a comment or compliment, never when I had an actual question. smile

M
M
EDIT: Found it - March 9, 2007

Last edited by PrayIncessantly; 01/10/12 12:11 PM.
R
Ruikee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Ruikee, I heard this old radio show this morning, and thought it might be helpful for you:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/radio_program/play_segment.cfm?sid=39

Getting a wife who has checked out of the marriage involved again involves figuring out how to get the chance to deposit those love units. I'm concerned that the last chance you had was spent trying to get her to a retreat with you that would involve education about what both of you "should" be doing in the marriage. Do you see how that was a disrespectful judgment on your part? Since your wife's feeling is she doesn't want to be trapped with a controlling husband, eliminating anything that leads to that feeling is going to be key.

Yes Markos, i understand totally where you are coming from. What i do want to know, in the same situation, what should i have done?

W calls me up saying she wanted to reconcile, be obedient to God, boys need a father, miserable living with mother, tired of living with regrets. But i dont like you right now. I dont know what to do, do we see your pastor or mine?

That is where i was at. I said God is working there is a retreat next weekend. it could be a place to start.

I do see how that would be taken as a DR.

What should i have done?

Blessings

Me 44
Wife 43
Married 10 Years
D final 4/12
S 3
SS 15
R
Ruikee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by PrayIncessantly
EDIT: Found it - March 9, 2007

Hey Pray, what were you looking for?

Me 44
Wife 43
Married 10 Years
D final 4/12
S 3
SS 15
M
M
What should i have done?

Blessings

You should have asked for the chance to start taking her out on regular dates. On dates, you can start depositing love units, which is what you have to do to turn this marriage around.

R
Ruikee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
What should i have done?

Blessings

You should have asked for the chance to start taking her out on regular dates. On dates, you can start depositing love units, which is what you have to do to turn this marriage around.

Ahhh, so back to what you said before, to occasionally ask, and if she says no, just say ok thanks and keep at it occasionally?

Thanks again Markos, Blessings.

Last edited by Ruikee; 01/11/12 02:49 PM.

Me 44
Wife 43
Married 10 Years
D final 4/12
S 3
SS 15
M
M
Yes. Keep asking. Be persistent, but not annoying. Stay calm if she says no.

R
Ruikee Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Markos,
I have an opportunity soon. Its not much but it is an opportunity.

I made an appointment for our sons first dental appt. Unfortunately he is also showing signs of autism, and i made an appointment for tests as well.

First she was angry and lashed out at me saying i never do anything right etc. Then a few days later she texted me thanking me for making the appointments and she would be able to attend, but next time check with me.

So Tuesday, as of today, she is going to our sons dental appointment with us.

Strategies?

Me 44
Wife 43
Married 10 Years
D final 4/12
S 3
SS 15
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 683 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation