Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
I
Originally Posted by tee_ivy
My kids are too young to understand yet.

Does this mean they dont know? Kids over the eage of four must be exposed to in an age appropriate way.

You dont name call or go into detail, you just say that daddy ahs a girlfriend and married people should not have boyfriends and girlfriends. You will need to explain that is why you will not be talking to him when in Plan B. They also need to know whats going on, and be able to tell you if they witnessed anything weird during the A.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

J
J
I also had problems finding an Intermediary (IM);
Do you belong to a church?

You mentioned earlier that you desired to grow spiritually; joining a local church may be a good way to reach that goal.
Fortunately, I was able to find an IM through a local church elder; he was very willing to perform this role.

Some MB members find IM's from out of state; the IM is really just a spam filter, to deliver 2 messages (all other messages get deleted and never reach your ears):

*I am willing to end the affair and work on our marriage
OR
*child issues

I think you are doing really good at taking care of yourself; definitely start exercising. Take care of yourself, so that every time he sees your beautiful, fit body, your happy smile and warm conversation he will want you.

Also, like you, I am on the divorce train. I know how hard it is to love someone and have to let them go. Remember, affairs are addictive; your husband is an addict. He is probably having sex and partying with other girls now.

I've learned from Al-Anon that we CANNOT control the actions of others; we CANNOT force them to change.
We CAN change ourselves.

You DID hold your husband accountable for his actions, and that was a very loving (tough love) thing to do. I'm doing the same with my wife.

We love our spouses, and I am committed to fighting for my marriage until the judge signs the paperwork.

But WE must remember that our self worth does not come from the actions of our spouses. We are children of God and God wants us to live the abundant life; not a life as slaves or victims of our spouses self destructive actions.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation