Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
S
Well Mel,

Based off of your posts above, you don't have a whole lot of respect for me or anyone who has failed at rebuilding their marriage. Why are you bashing me on this when I clearly said we weren't the best judge of our own recovery. I am happy you recovered your marriage, that is great. I didn't, what is the point of that statement. The girl next to me in Science got an A and I got a B, because I missed a few homework assignments. If I had a different teacher I may have failed, I do have a different spouse. I hope you see my point.

I have accepted the fact that I didn't do everything right. As I have stressed and explained several times, I thought we did, now I know different. Why are you jumping on my crap for admitting to this?

AS for EPs and affair proofing our marriage, with the exception of the job situation we have gone leaps and bounds in this area. As I am seeing it, I am unable to continue any discussion or participation on this forum without her job being the focal point of the continued bashing I am receiving.

I'm sure I will hear the "We did it and it all worked out", but I will say this again; I cannot encourage or permit my WW to leave her job until there is an available position that will continue to at least keep us above water. WE Just spent our ENTIRE LIFE SAVINGS buying this house, we have two houses that we are paying mortgages, utilities, and insurance on. We are broke, and are just staying afloat. WE are trying to sell one house, but as everyone in the world knows, houses aren't selling. WE don't have the money at this point in our lives to just up and quite a job in an area that doesn't have a lot of jobs available. Now it would be easy to suggest to someone that that would be the best thing for them, but sit in my chair and then tell me how easy that decision would be. I am walking a tightrope here and I can't make rash decisions.

If you think my attitude is to save what I have over the marriage, you aren't to far off.

If we put ourselves in a position that I have to take a second job to make up the difference, would that be better? How about we get to the point we start loosing a car, then the house, would our marriage come out better. If our marriage fails and we lose everything, as many do, so what, at least we tried. If we lose everything to save the marriage, The marriage would almost certainly fail, as currently there isn't much of a marriage to save.

I have taken this advice, and we are taking steps toward changing our working arrangements, either I will work with her, or she will find another job, but that will not happen overnight, and to continue to toss the "you haven't done anything" bs at me is getting old.

Me BH previous user name SEM
WW Senninpaswife previous user name Keep Smiling
Married 16 years - HS sweethearts
2 kids, Boy 15 years, Girl 13 years

WW's Affair #1,2,3,4 @ 1 year into marriage All ONS type PAs
DDay #1 09/11/01 False recovery for 10 years

WW's Affair #5 07/11 - 10/11 with my best friend EA&PA
DDay #2 11/27/11
M
M
Senn, you are a really nice guy and it is frustrating to watch this. But be assured no one is "bashing" you. We are simply pointing out the truth in the hopes you will GET IT.

Frankly, I have abandoned all hopes, but I can't just can't resist when I see you making endless excuses instead of taking decisive action. It is your right to make all the excuses you want, but it is also the prerogative of board members to point out that they are........excuses. And to point out the result of said tactics.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by HerPapaBear
I believe she is just like SusieQ's STBXH.... She's an admiration junkie!

What is an admiration junkie? Is it the same as wanting and liking attention?

Until she lists out her EP's, just as I've described on the EP thread and actually puts her defensiveness away, she's going to be seen for what she is delivering..... Half measures!

I have listed EP. Are they not there or do you not like what you see? I have changed my cell #. I don't use FB and we took it off the computer altogether. I call H as soon as I get off from work and as soon as I wake in the after noon, or where ever I go. He has access to my email my phone my vehicle. I have done a poly. I don't hang out with any friends., too busy driving kids around, make dinner,then off to work. I have no time for an A nor do I want to.

As Mortarman described, BOUNDARIES - IN STONE!

I find it bothersome that some don't think I am trying. I may not post them here but IMO I have taken measures and I must do more! Tell me what I am doing wrong? Cause I am bashing my head trying and making serious changes!

I am the WS
BH, love him dearly

~It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

~When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
S
S
Originally Posted by markos
The one indication I saw was the no contact letter, which I think finally did get sent. But I was never sure if it was Dr. Harley's no contact letter, or one of her own (WS usually write their own NC letters full of weasel words).

H saw my letter adjusted the letter to his likings, I agreed and we mailed it off. I believe that I posted this on my thread, but maybe I need to go back and check.

And the NC letter really isn't that much for her to give on, because she's not really addicted to a specific man, she's addicted to CHASING MEN in general. She can't write a NC letter to that, she can only stop entering that environment ever again, starting now.

I posted a description on my thread about my job and why it's probably the most realistic environment I could be in. There are no jobs with only women well maybe Curves... in our area.

When held to the fire to do something, she picked a tiny little concession that didn't cost her much: the NC letter. When held to the fire to do more specific things (quit her job), she ran away from the board and whined that she wasn't getting the positive feedback she needs/wants. She is literally blaming her failure to follow the program on other people not admiring her. I'm guessing she's big into the disproven theory that you can't do right in life without high self-esteem? It's actually the other way around: if you do right in life, then you will reap self-esteem from that.

I do not blame anyone for the actions I took and for "not admiring me". I do take responsibility for myself. I how ever find that when things get tough~ I clam up. So when reading or listening to others, or facing facts I wont deny, I prefer the "walking on eggshell method". And just because I am slow at this doesn't mean that I am not taking it all in.

I am a listener, a follower, a slow learner. So please bear with me. I need all the advice I can get.

I am the WS
BH, love him dearly

~It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

~When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
C
C
Originally Posted by senninpaswife

Until she lists out her EP's, just as I've described on the EP thread and actually puts her defensiveness away, she's going to be seen for what she is delivering..... Half measures!

I have listed EP. Are they not there or do you not like what you see? I have changed my cell #. I don't use FB and we took it off the computer altogether. I call H as soon as I get off from work and as soon as I wake in the after noon, or where ever I go. He has access to my email my phone my vehicle. I have done a poly. I don't hang out with any friends., too busy driving kids around, make dinner,then off to work. I have no time for an A nor do I want to.

I find it bothersome that some don't think I am trying. I may not post them here but IMO I have taken measures and I must do more! Tell me what I am doing wrong? Cause I am bashing my head trying and making serious changes!

How can we tell you if you're not posting them?

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
H
H

Originally Posted by senninpaswife

I answered on your thread, here ----> LINK

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
H
H
SiP and SiPW,

Just some food for thought when you get your undies in a bunch with Mel - she really isn't coming from a high perch. If you were to STOP and LISTEN you would see that she has made dang near every marriage mistake possible. You would see that some of those things only became resolved as recently as 2007.

Beneath that tough exterior, she's banging her head against the wall trying to lead people away from a hell she herself has lived.

Calm down, be still... and LISTEN.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
P
P
I agree 1000%. I've had the pleasure of meeting ML IRL a couple of times and I can attest to the fact that she's the real deal and comes from a good heart. Her delivery can be tough but it's not out of a lofty place. It makes me crazy to see how much SHE gets bashed at times yet she carries on. Why?

Because she's good people and she cares. It's like a ministry in a way. She helps people heal their broken hearts.

We'd be lost around here without her. Besides who else can we tease unmercifully about their GBCW posts?

/TJ

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
H
H
Oh, I can't claim love for the tough exterior... But it's hard to not have mountains of respect for what is BENEATH it.

smile

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
Thanks, friends. smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 820 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation