Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V
V
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
Originally Posted by Reynolds531
I suggest the iphone could have an "accident". If you dumped your beer on it, it would force her to use the pc, and the keylogger would be more effective for a few days.

Our Canadian neighbor does have a point. Full beer bottles can be quite destructive to glass-faced iphones...especially when you drop them onto phones from a height of a foot or so above.

This actually happened to a friend of mine recently. We were having a painting party one weekend and he decided (in his infinite wisdom) to tote his beer up on the 8 foot ladder with him to keep him company while he painted. Ladder next to end table, iphone on end table, friend seriously tipsy...you get the picture. Yep, the inevitable occurs. One little inebriated sway of the ladder and BAM...iphone is a dead soldier. Long-neck Bud Light did a swan dive with perfectly flawless execution. It was an Olympic grade 10.

If it can happen by accident with such precision, it can certainly happen accidentally on purpose! think

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

N
N
Originally Posted by TigerWes
If it can happen by accident with such precision, it can certainly happen accidentally on purpose! think

Poop does, indeed, occur. smile

But maybe that stuff about getting past messages via iTunes will work as well.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

V
V
Poop does, indeed, occur.
Still may favorite bumper sticker of all time (worded a tad bit differently of course)

But maybe that stuff about getting past messages via iTunes will work as well.

I obviously missed something here. I need to go back to the beginning of this saga and read some more.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

N
N
Originally Posted by TigerWes
I obviously missed something here. I need to go back to the beginning of this saga and read some more.

His WW has a new iPhone and he's not sure how to install "helpful" software on it without jailbreaking it.

I had mentioned that some people have used iTunes to download the text message history from an iPhone. Whether it applies to the latest generation phones, I couldn't say, but it may be worth looking into.

Me (BH)
FWW

V
V
Gotcha now. Well you certainly can't install anything on an iphone without jailbreaking it first right now, but I've read it's coming soon.

Had no idea about the iTunes avenue. That's a new one on me.

This is what I love about this board; collective intelligence to help the BS have the best info possible to give them the best chance to recover his/her marriage.

I'm living proof that going at it alone doesn't work.

Last edited by TigerWes; 01/25/12 08:46 PM.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

C
C
Originally Posted by Scotland
I know the accidental toilet drop or full sink of dishes nudge have been bantered about around these boards before as well. Just a thought.

I quite prefer the accidental knock off the table and step on it while picking it up.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
V
V
Well, that works too if you want to be civil about it. grin

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
M
Our Canadian neighbor does have a point. Full beer bottles can be quite destructive to glass-faced iphones...especially when you drop them onto phones from a height of a foot or so above.
You two! I still have to keep an eye on you?? You KNOW you can kill a cell phone by dropping it into a sinkful of dishwater, correct! You HAVE been washing the dishes after dinner, right?? Right?? skeptical What's all this business about beer???

rotflmao

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

N
N
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
You KNOW you can kill a cell phone by dropping it into a sinkful of dishwater, correct! You HAVE been washing the dishes after dinner, right?? Right?? skeptical What's all this business about beer???

rotflmao

Sheesh, marital. Beer fixes everything, doncha know! smile

Oh, and, down here, we have dishwashing machines that do the work for us. Shoot, there's no need to even put my beer down to do the dishes!

It's curious that we keep having to educate you on the finer things in life. There must just be something about you folks of, shall we say, more northern latitudes. think

Me (BH)
FWW

B
Bricks Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Everyone,

"deceptivegirl" is my wife. I have to get to work so I will go into details later, but I got a confession last night, at least a partial confession. Please help her out.

I will check back later this evening, I will be without internet access all day.

Thank you all.

S
S
Originally Posted by Bricks
Everyone,

"deceptivegirl" is my wife. I have to get to work so I will go into details later, but I got a confession last night, at least a partial confession. Please help her out.

I will check back later this evening, I will be without internet access all day.

Thank you all.

How did you get this confession? Did you confront her? Did you get any actual evidence yourself first?

And who told your WW about MB? That was a BIG mistake right now. Did she even say that she wanted to try to save your marriage? Now she will read everything that we post to you, and you won't be able to keep snooping. That was a GRAVE mistake.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
After reading your WW's description of the affair, (texting and talking secretly for the last year), I find it hard to believe that this didn't go physical. Especially if she already knew this man pretty well and you live in the same area. Affairs typically escalate very quickly to a physical level and most wayward spouses will only admit to an EA up front.

I could be wrong....but I would make sure she knows that you need to know the whole truth of what happened and then tell her you will be setting an appointment for a polygraph to ensure she isn't hiding anything else.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
P
P
I completely agree with SusieQ

T
T
Originally Posted by SusieQ
After reading your WW's description of the affair, (texting and talking secretly for the last year), I find it hard to believe that this didn't go physical. Especially if she already knew this man pretty well and you live in the same area. Affairs typically escalate very quickly to a physical level and most wayward spouses will only admit to an EA up front.

I could be wrong....but I would make sure she knows that you need to know the whole truth of what happened and then tell her you will be setting an appointment for a polygraph to ensure she isn't hiding anything else.

The poly has already been seconded.

I will third it.

Most WS when told the date for polygraph test just before the date the WS suddenly opens up with the I remembers about the affair.

I
I
A polygraph is essential.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
M
Originally Posted by SusieQ

Yes! Add to the mix the fact that she has had opportunity (going out of town without her husband.) I was thinking that earlier. I would definitely suggest a polygraph. If she is as sincere as she sounds on her thread, she certainly would not object, yes?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

#2590377 01/26/12 07:57 PM
B
Bricks Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I can�t find my last thread, I�m not sure what happened to it.

Anyway, I found it impossible to pretend like nothing was wrong, and it was driving me crazy, so yesterday evening I told my wife that I knew that she did something and I wanted her to confess. She asked me what I knew, and I refused to reveal the info that I had. As she wouldn�t confess to anything, I couldn�t live like that, and I said I wanted a divorce and left to a hotel (no bluff, I meant it). She found me through the credit card transaction, gave me a call a few hours later, and confessed the story she repeated here over the phone, with a little prodding. As she revealed more details than I had (more pictures sent, more information about what they were chatting about), I said I would be willing to try to save the marriage if she met a few conditions. Some of these were:
1) timeline of what happened
2) polygraph
3) reveal affair to sack-of-sh*ts wife
4) follow MB forum advice and program

I made it clear if I find any lying AT ALL, I am done. I cannot live like that; it�s simply not worth it to me.

She said she was willing to do all of these and anything else I asked, and seemed remorseful. So, I thought it was time to send her here.

So far she: 1) wrote the timeline 2) wrote a NC letter (should this be physical mail or email?), and 3) wrote a confession letter to the wife, and 4) has apparently participated in the forum.

Tonight we are discussing how to reveal to the wife. My preference is to contact her myself, as if I got a call/apology/whatever from the OM, it would infuriate me.

We plan to change all contact info; phone #, email, delete FB.

The remaining immediate needs that I see are to: 1) schedule a poly (I want her to do this), and 2) continue to participate in MB.

Please let me know if we are on the right track.

I greatly appreciate your help.

M
M
Tonight we are discussing how to reveal to the wife. My preference is to contact her myself, as if I got a call/apology/whatever from the OM, it would infuriate me.

I agree with this 100%; the OMW doesn't want to hear from the perp. Much better to come from you. You did a beautiful job and I want to applaud you!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
The remaining immediate needs that I see are to: 1) schedule a poly (I want her to do this), and 2) continue to participate in MB.

Please let me know if we are on the right track.

You're on the right track.

C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

I agree with this 100%; the OMW doesn't want to hear from the perp. Much better to come from you. You did a beautiful job and I want to applaud you!

I second this.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 433 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation