Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28
S
S
Originally Posted by DoroM
Originally Posted by indiegirl
My h didnt plan for me to find out.

He was super careful.

Are you?

Yeah, ridiculously so. And I'm not talking to the OM anymore, so it would be pretty difficult for him- not impossible if he really wanted, but pretty difficult.

He already KNOWS.

You are trying to give yourself excuses and reasons for committing adultery. There is only one. You CHOSE to commit adultery. Temptation was dangled in front of you(due to your WEAK and POOR boundaries around men), and you CHOSE to commit adultery, not once, but TWICE. And now you are here, blaming your BH, and trying to justify why you shouldn't tell your BH about your adultery.

You will need to grow up to be a good wife to this, or any future husband.

You are NOT safe.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
I
I

He was super careful.

Are you?

Yeah, ridiculously so. And I'm not talking to the OM anymore, so it would be pretty difficult for him- not impossible if he really wanted, but pretty difficult.

So.... nay on the honesty.

Gotcha.

Come back if you feel like having your marriage or your conscience back.

I do mean that sincerely and hope to see that 180 turn around.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

C
C
Doro, glad to see you are still here. You are advice from some of the best... please listen.

He was super careful.

Are you?

I think you may have missed Indie' point... Despite being super careful, she found out about her WH's affair.

My WH was super careful too. I managed to discover his affair that he was having in another continent.

The thing is, you can never predict if you will be discovered. People who saw you... even the OM. Bricks, a newbie here, was sent photos of his wife anonymously. Do you want to have to keep looking over your shoulder?

Me (BW): 35
Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

WXH (Gollum) is corrupted by his A, and now forever bound to it.

Plan B has set me free.

"Mourn the man he was. Know the man he is."
D
DoroM Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Come back if you feel like having your marriage or your conscience back.

I do mean that sincerely and hope to see that 180 turn around.

Thank you, that means a lot. I appreciate it.

Me: WW 30
BH 29
Together 4.5 years, Married 3
No kids. One large, furry, white canine.
DDay #1 8/31/10 DDAY #2 1/29/12
M
M
I am very aware of what the Bible says in regards to repentance. I was not 'hiding' behind any bible quotes. What I was saying is that God would forgive me if I repent, and that he will always offer grace and forgiveness, and that I'm worth it to him. I may not get grace and forgiveness from my husband, but I can at least get it from God.

And no one disagrees with that. But that doesn't mean you are marriage material for your husband. Nor does it mean you are entitled to forgiveness from your husband. Forgiveness is not an entitlement for entitled waywards.

Do you honestly think I would be on this forum willing to read some really hurtful things about myself if I wasn't at least "called" a little bit to fulfill my vows?

Posting on an anonymous forum means crap. That does not impress me. It takes no "calling", no bravery, no nothing, to sit in front of a computer and write anonymous posts to perfect strangers. So far you have told us you are "called" to your little job but fully intend to continue lying to your husband. Did you get a "calling" for that? So I don't know what kind of "call" you are getting that tells you it is ok to lie to your husband, but lets hope you stop answering that "call."

If you feel "called" to do the right thing, it has not been reflected in your attitude or actions thus far. We will see.

You see no signs of change? Well it's been about 14.5 hours since I first posted. I apologize if I haven't been able to do a 180 in that amount of time.

Like I said, an absolute lack of repentance. But alot of attitude and alot of entitlement.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
C
With your current sense of entitlement and your decision not to tell your BH the truth... you are an active wayward. By not following the MB program, you are a threat to your BH and marriage. Another affair is just around the corner... unless you implement the MB program.

Step 1... Radical honesty. Tell your BH the truth, and let him decide if he wants to recover the marriage.

Married 1999 with no kids, DDay July 2011, OC born September 2012, Divorce final November 2012.

Plan B has set me free.

D
DoroM Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Caracal
I think you may have missed Indie' point... Despite being super careful, she found out about her WH's affair.

My WH was super careful too. I managed to discover his affair that he was having in another continent.

The thing is, you can never predict if you will be discovered. People who saw you... even the OM. Bricks, a newbie here, was sent photos of his wife anonymously. Do you want to have to keep looking over your shoulder?

No, I understood her point very loud and clear.

BH 29
C
C
So you would rather risk that your BH discover your lies rather than you telling him?

Your choice. Maybe you like playing russian roulette with your BH's life and your marriage.

I also hope you to a turn-around in your thinking.

Plan B has set me free.

D
DoroM Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
And no one disagrees with that. But that doesn't mean you are marriage material for your husband. Nor does it mean you are entitled to forgiveness from your husband. Forgiveness is not an entitlement for entitled waywards.

I'm pretty sure I stated specifically that I was well aware, I may not get forgiveness from my husband.

Posting on an anonymous forum means crap. That does not impress me. It takes no "calling", no bravery, no nothing, to sit in front of a computer and write anonymous posts to perfect strangers. So far you have told us you are "called" to your little job but fully intend to continue lying to your husband. Did you get a "calling" for that? So I don't know what kind of "call" you are getting that tells you it is ok to lie to your husband, but lets hope you stop answering that "call."

If you feel "called" to do the right thing, it has not been reflected in your attitude or actions thus far. We will see.

I suppose it's a good thing I'm not trying to impress you then...It doesn't mean crap to me, because this is the very first time I've even considered telling him and it's the first step of possibly trying to save our marriage. What do you expect, people to come on this forum, and after a few harsh and pointed posts from yours truly, that they just snap their fingers and decide to do the right thing?

I get it, I get that you went through this on the other side of things, but I am still a human being. I make mistakes and I came here looking for some help/guidance/maybe motivation.

What I get is you personally degrading me and all of my life choices. Really makes me want to stick around and work on marriage in front of you folks.

BH 29
I
I
I get it, I get that you went through this on the other side of things, but I am still a human being. I make mistakes and I came here looking for some help/guidance/maybe motivation.

Yes. Both she and I went through the 'other side' of it.

If you read Melody's sig, you will see that she recovered her marriage and did forgive her husband.

But not until he was worthy of it with actions such as honesty.

I too offered the opportunity of forgiveness if I was given honesty. Because I realise that what people were/are is not the same as who they decide to be when they get up tomorrow morning.

Who will you be tomorrow?

Honest or dishonest?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

J
J
DoroM,

Pride is a deadly sin because it can kill the most important relationships we have. And then we're left with nothing.

Hope you listen to pros here, even the ones who seem harsh. They're really trying to help you, and they know how.

N
N
No, I understood her point very loud and clear.

Well, very good. Now how about answering my original question?

What do you want from us here?

You came here and presented us with a story, and told us you are not feeling too good about yourself, or anyway, the situation you created. Sadly, no one here, not me, not IG, not SQ, not even ML (but don't tell HER!), has the ability to grant you absolution and mental comfort.

We CAN however, guide you to a PLAN to do the WORK, to possibly EARN the right to feel good in your own skin. If that is something that sounds attractive to you, let me provide you first lesson:

SHUT UP and LISTEN! (That might be considered two lessons; I'm not sure!)

Step 1 is to prepare the story, every gory detail, and tell your betrayed husband. Really, without that brave action, none of the rest of the program here will make any difference in your outlook.

G
G
DoroM, if you've leafed through the Bible or listened to people teach from it, you've probably seen or heard the passage about love from 1st Corinthians, ch.13. I think that passage has lost its power because we hear it so often, and it's become so "Hallmark-ized" to us, but maybe you'll want to take some time and soak it up again for the very first time.

One of the gems in there is that "Love ... rejoices with the truth..."

I'll forever be ashamed of the months when I turned my back on the message of that verse. Over 3 years on, I feel even worse about the affair than on the day I had to look my wife in the eye & tell her about it. And remember, my marriage has been saved & made better than before the affair. So I can't imagine how much worse still it would feel to not have the forgiveness I've got.

My being forthcoming not only gave my wife (albeit belatedly) the respect which she deserved & which I, after all, had promised to give her on the day I placed the wedding ring on her finger; but it also gave me the chance to have the assurance that I've got her forgiveness. If you never confess, then you'll never have a chance to be forgiven, because you'll never be able to ask for forgiveness. That's a heavy chain you're fixing to drag around for many more more decades of life.

No, forgiveness & reconciliation isn't guaranteed. But without full honesty & transparency both ways, the two of you won't have a prayer.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
P
P
What do you expect, people to come on this forum, and after a few harsh and pointed posts from yours truly, that they just snap their fingers and decide to do the right thing?
Ummm ... yeah? Deciding to do the right thing isn't that difficult a choice to make.

You're getting help/guidance/maybe motivation. But you insist on arguing with it, instead of following it.

Your choice.

What I get is you personally degrading me and all of my life choices. Really makes me want to stick around and work on marriage in front of you folks.
Your life choices are what have degraded you, hon.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

P
P

He was super careful.

Are you?

I was ridiculously careful, too.
When I confessed to Markos, he already knew.

Every wayward thinks they're ridiculously careful. There's nothing special about you or your abilities. If he doesn't already know, he will.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
[
I suppose it's a good thing I'm not trying to impress you then...It doesn't mean crap to me, because this is the very first time I've even considered telling him and it's the first step of possibly trying to save our marriage. What do you expect, people to come on this forum, and after a few harsh and pointed posts from yours truly, that they just snap their fingers and decide to do the right thing?

Apparently it does "mean crap" to you since you are getting so defensive. You aren't going to get very far with that snotty entitled attitude. I only hope you are bright enough to know that it won't help you a bit with your husband. You talk alot about "forgiveness" but this is not the face of remorse.

You might oughta rethink the attitude if you are to have any hope of forgiveness. Seriously.

crybaby

Would you like a hankie? grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
p.s. there is nothing anyone can say that is as "degrading" as your own behavior. *YOU* are the one who degraded your own self, dear.

Exposure 101

S
S

What you get is reality shone onto your horrible life choices.

What you get are people who are willing to help you become a better person, and in return a better wife.

What you get is a chance.

If you want to run away, that's your choice.

A pack of wild horses couldn't drag you away from here if you really wanted to do the work.

Have you ever posted on a different forum about your adultery?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
D
DoroM Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Apparently it does "mean crap" to you since you are getting so defensive. You aren't going to get very far with that snotty entitled attitude. I only hope you are bright enough to know that it won't help you a bit with your husband. You talk alot about "forgiveness" but this is not the face of remorse.

Actually, I meant to type, 'it's Not crap' to me-meaning it's important, and whether you believe it or not, it's quite a big deal for me even to be discussing it. I guess I should've used a double negative. You're quite right that I'm getting defensive.

BH 29
D
DoroM Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Scotland
Have you ever posted on a different forum about your adultery?

Nope.

BH 29
Page 4 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation