Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2598072 02/17/12 12:45 PM
P
OP Offline
P
The insecurity thread got me to thinking. Is there hope for any of us that have been lied to and cheated on to ever get past the insecurities? I want to pretty much be the woman Andy Rooney describes below but I wonder if it's possible?

Andy Rooney says:

As I grow in age, I value women who are over forty most of all. Here are just a few reasons why: A woman over forty will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, �What are you thinking?� She doesn�t care what you think.

If a woman over forty doesn�t want to watch the game, she doesn�t sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it�s usually something more interesting.

A woman over forty knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of forty give a hoot what you might think about her or what she�s doing.

Women over forty are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won�t hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it�s like to be unappreciated.

A woman over forty has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn�t trust the guy with other women. Women over forty couldn�t care less if you�re attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won�t betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over forty. They always know.

A woman over forty looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over forty is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They�ll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one! You don�t ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over forty for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it�s not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of forty-plus, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some twenty-two-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, �Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,� here�s an update for you. Now 80 percent of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it�s not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.

Me (BS): 41
Ex (lying cheating piece of dirt): 43
Kids: 12 DD, 6 DS
Married 17 years
I filed: 9/25/10
Divorce final: 10/4/11
He remarried: 10/15/11

My current status: Healing a little more every day!
S
S
Originally Posted by prissanna
The insecurity thread got me to thinking. Is there hope for any of us that have been lied to and cheated on to ever get past the insecurities? I want to pretty much be the woman Andy Rooney describes below but I wonder if it's possible?

Andy Rooney says:

As I grow in age, I value women who are over forty most of all. Here are just a few reasons why: A woman over forty will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, �What are you thinking?� She doesn�t care what you think.

If a woman over forty doesn�t want to watch the game, she doesn�t sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it�s usually something more interesting.

A woman over forty knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of forty give a hoot what you might think about her or what she�s doing.

Women over forty are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won�t hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it�s like to be unappreciated.

A woman over forty has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn�t trust the guy with other women. Women over forty couldn�t care less if you�re attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won�t betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over forty. They always know.

A woman over forty looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over forty is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They�ll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one! You don�t ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over forty for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it�s not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of forty-plus, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some twenty-two-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, �Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,� here�s an update for you. Now 80 percent of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it�s not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.

I feel like that woman. smile I feel fine. Maybe it helps that I remarried a year after my divorce...but even though I was married to a seriel cheater for 26 years I never believed that all men were like that. I knew good men were out there although WXH continually told me I was naive and that 'everyone' lies and cheats. No, no they don't.

So believe my friend. Figure out what your (high) standards are and don't hang out with a man even who does not possess those standards. I made the mistake immediately after my divorce of latching on to the first man who showed me some attention even though all the red warning flags were there that he was NOT the one for me. Once I backed away from that and took a deep breath I was able to remember what I wanted out of life and go for it.

M
M
Amen, I agree with SmilingWoman! Although I personally got married WAY TOO SOON, it happened very fast. Like SW said, don't hang out with anyone whose standards are not as high as yours. Keep your standards high and you will win.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

F
F
Just for informational purposes only, please note that the article was NOT written by Andy Rooney, but by Frank Kaiser, a syndicated columnist.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney2.asp

That doesn't diminish the intent or purpose of the message, however.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
S
S
Got to say it sure sounded like something Andy would have written,

The real question is how you figured it out Fred!!

SC

Me BS 54
XWW 51 Divorce final 1/9/12
DS26 DS24 Twin DD's22 Married 29years
D-dates No1 01/2007, No2 08/2008(ongoing)
P
OP Offline
P
Snopes baby. lol

Last edited by prissanna; 02/25/12 10:47 AM.

Married 17 years

R
R
Yes, you can:
- Do things that build your confidence over time.
- Choose to be with friends who are positive, happy and are not judgmental.
- Acknowledge that cheaters had a choice: they chose to cheat therefore the responsibility is theirs.

I am forty five in two months. My ex, the serial cheater left right after D Day. I couldn't walk into a mall without seeing young girls much like the ones he was with. That was seven years ago.

Today, I am happier and have achieved many things personally and career wise that I probably wouldn't have if I stayed married. I have a few fine lines and have just started to use multi-focals but I love my life!

K
K
Can't help but think the writer messed up big time at home, and wrote this to kiss a little [censored]. grin

Divorced
Krazy71 #2612871 04/04/12 03:24 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Whatever it takes Krazy! lol

Still aiming at this goal and failing miserably. I keep telling myself to grow up!

Married 17 years

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation