Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2602394 03/03/12 08:32 PM
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
A few years before my divorce, my now XW had this toxic, enabling, cheer leading friend. The toxic friend was having an affair with a church member/deacon and flaunting it to her. My XW told me that she was trying to convince her to have an affair because of how exciting it was.

Well years later just before everything went nuclear, toxic friend's husband pulled me to one side and told me to be careful and just walked away as his wife was in earshot. Stupidly I failed to inform him of his own wife's LTA.

Weeks later as I sat in front of my pastor pleading with him to speak with my wife (who had spoken to him earlier unknown to me, and convinced him I was lying), even though I had audio, video and photo evidence, he would have no part of it and asked me to leave the church.

All I had left was to inform him of the other adultery going on with his deacon. He became angry and asked me to leave and never return.

Well, 5 years later I see that the affair partners have abandoned their families and are now married.

By the pastor.

The victory is hollow and bittersweet, but I was right.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
Pariah #2602401 03/03/12 08:46 PM
N
N
He is a pastor in name only. He isn't the Lord's shepherd at all.

While we don't know where this wolf in hyena's clothing will spend eternity, the Bible does say, "By their fruits ye shall know them." That so-called pastor is bearing the fruits of damnation.

As hard and painful as your experience has been, I would much rather stand before the judgment bar of God with your life than with that man's. Unless he is broken and repents, he will face his destiny with blood on his hands.

You are a beloved child of God, Pariah, and He doesn't take it lightly when someone persecutes His kids. Justice may seem slow in coming, but rest assured it will come.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2602403 03/03/12 09:07 PM
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
So far the adulterers were rewarded for their fornication, including my XW who got everything.

Just being right will have to do.

I have managed to rebuild my life from the rubble. However I absolutely trust no one, especially women.

My GF understands this, she was a victim of severe abuse also. She treats me better than my wife ever did and I make sure she is safe and comfortable. It works, I'm not unhappy and she is just happy that she ain't being beat on. We never argue and she will take care of my bird.

She's a stroke victim and can't really do everything normally and her brain injury doesn't allow her to hold a grudge. I support her with the things she wants to do and praise her accomplishments.

She is the most harmless, benign person I have ever met. So different from before the stroke when I dated her 20 years ago.

Pariah #2602404 03/03/12 09:13 PM
V
V
Pariah, I kind of new to the board, but I did read the sordid mess that you had to deal with. I was astonished at the level of betrayal that you had to deal with. Your situation just freaking blew me away. Seriously.

This pastor is not a man of God. He is disciple of Satan. He uses his position to further his own carnal gains. You can bet your [censored] that he has his own "side action". You should do something to expose this hypocrite for what he truly is; a despicable POS.

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pariah #2602405 03/03/12 09:16 PM
M
M
How's your birdies, Pariah? I miss your videos!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #2602408 03/03/12 09:35 PM
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Birdies are fine. Tabs makes sure I get to work with them.

It's been a year since my last thread, Tab's mother's cancer has returned and her surgery was the day we had to move into another house last week. She had to have a double mastectomy and Tabs is helping her as she recovers. I admire her for the dedication.

I made sure she had the money to go be with her mother for her surgery and took care of the moving myself. Money is not a problem for us as my job easily supports the house. Yeah, it was inconvenient, but her mother is more important. I bribed some co-workers with a big bucket of fried chicken to help me move and we had been moving stuff to the house for two weeks before the move.

Pariah #2602409 03/03/12 09:37 PM
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Oh, here's the latest pic.

[Linked Image from i529.photobucket.com]

Pariah #2602415 03/03/12 10:54 PM
N
N
ADORABLE!!! Is it a spotted owl?

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2602439 03/04/12 08:50 AM
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
He's Tawny Owl, a close relative.

Pariah #2602448 03/04/12 10:08 AM
N
N
What a beautiful fella!

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2602459 03/04/12 10:33 AM
R
R
It really is a beautiful owl!

reading #2602467 03/04/12 10:49 AM
P
Pariah Offline OP
OP Offline
P
They're everywhere at the center.

This is Lumpy. He was a victim of the tornado outbreak last year.

An elderly couple who's house disintegrated heard his cries in their field under some insulation. They found a can of cat food and kept him alive until I could get up there to get him.

Here's the day he came in and months later after his release. He hung around for months, but ventured farther and farther away until he only visits every several months now.

Last edited by Pariah; 03/04/12 10:51 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation