Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
brent06 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I am new to this forum so bare with me. Im lost on what to do with my marrige. Its not been good for a while and my wife says that she is not in love anymore and empty. I realize for the first time what is really important and want to take the right steps to have a loving relationship,but shes not sure. I guess my question is how to go about being the man I need to be for her without putting pressure on her? Is it possible for someone to fall back in love? Id appreciate any andvice and words of encouragement to help me around this.

P
P
Originally Posted by brent06
I am new to this forum so bare with me. Im lost on what to do with my marrige. Its not been good for a while and my wife says that she is not in love anymore and empty. I realize for the first time what is really important and want to take the right steps to have a loving relationship,but shes not sure. I guess my question is how to go about being the man I need to be for her without putting pressure on her? Is it possible for someone to fall back in love? Id appreciate any andvice and words of encouragement to help me around this.

Fall In Love ..... (LINK)

Call her up and ask her out for a date.
Do not ask her where to go.
Make the arrangements yourself knowing what would make her happy and feel special.

Listen to her.
Smile when she talks.
Maintain eye contact.
Touch her hair.
Do something unexpectedly thoughtful.
Wash her car.
Fix something broken in the home.
Give her an upper back/shoulder rub.
Pay for a gift manicure.
Tell her she looks pretty.
Hold her hands, then kiss her hands.

M
M

There are very specific steps to falling in love again. They are as such:

1. meeting the top 4 intimate emotional needs of conversation, affection, sexual fulfillment, recreational companionship

2. meeting those needs for 20 hours per week of undivided attention

3. avoiding lovebusters

Would your wife be willing to commit 20 hours per week to your marriage? If so, you can fall in love again.

BUT.....does want to separate over this? Did she say "I love you but am not in love with you?"

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
brent06 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
thanks for the advice! thats what I want to do. she dosent think she can get it back. time? space? or just keep trying?

B
brent06 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
She did say "Ilove you but not in love with you" what do you think that means? thanks!

M
M

M
M
She did say "Ilove you but not in love with you" what do you think that means? thanks!

Classic signs of an affair are the request for "space" and "I love you but am not in love with you."

That phrase means she has a new point of comparison. Asking for "space" means she wants you out so she can freely pursue her affair. Another indicator is the unwillingness to work on the marriage.

Women don't just leave without having someone else lined up. I would quietly start snooping and find out who she is seeing. Don't ASK her. Just find out and come back here and tell us what you find. We will help you with next steps.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
PTH Offline
P
Brent,

I heard the exact same thing! Mine wanted her space as well. And guess what? She was having an affair!!

VERY IMPORTANT---do NOT let your emotions get the best of you right now. You have to control yourself and listen to exactly what Melody is going to tell you. It is in your best interest to do just that.

Me-BH-37
XWW-32
Married 8 years
2-daughters
D-Day-2--2011
Divorced 2-2012
L
L
Uh oh.

Start taking a close look at how she's spending her free time. On the PC? Facebook? Working late? Texting? Phone calls?

Hate to sound pessimistic, but that phrase has been heard by every victim of an affair on this board.

I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Me: BH 60 - Married 21 years
ExW had an EA beginning 09/09 (Facebook)
After a few false recoveries, I filed for D 05/11
D final 03/12

'Be Mindful of Your Many Blessings and Endeavor Daily to be Worthy of Them'
Jay Severin

'Life is a gift and it offers each of us the privilege, the opportunity and the responsibility to give something back by becoming something more'
Tony Robbins
D
D
**edit**

Last edited by Fireproof; 02/21/12 02:25 PM. Reason: TOS spammng with non-MB material
D
D
Brent, as much I hate to say it, these words usually DO mean what the others here have already told you (an affair is very likely) so I would advise you listen to what they have to say. I heard these same words not long ago myself and, sure enough, the folks here were bang on correct in their assumption; my H was indeed (and still is) having an affair.

My heart goes out to you and I wish you all the best.

If and when you come back here, listen, listen, listen, these people really do know what they are talking about.

S
S
This sounds so familiar, but in my case my 2 yr marriage with my hubby he fell out of love with me. In fact I think he had planning on leaving me with his 3 kids but I stopped that plan unbeknownest to me at the time. I refuse to put his home and loan in my name only. I had the better credit score.

He was a widower (wife passed 2 yrs before we got married) I finally realized new hubby was not in love or committed to me by his verbal comments and his actions. I was very sad when I realized he did not want to even be my friend, but just playing a part. I was too different from the deceased wife. He tried to love me, but his body language was letting me know he was not into me after we got wed. I dealt with it, but when hubby had a marital affair in which I got my proof I departed the marriage. All the people we knew sided with him cause felt sorry he was a widower with kids. I got a lot of subtle rejection from the children, but when new hubby cheated on me after 3 requests to stop I left. He has told everyone at our old church congregation I am mentally insane. That is SO unfair and hurts deeeply!! I feel like suing him for slander but that is a waste of time. However, I work 45 hours a week in a career and am living in my own place ALONE...no one but me and my dog. Ex hubby has since moved on and getting married in FL seven months after I departed. I did discover he had this woman talking to her online 4 months before I gave him the separation papers.

Yes I am very heartbroken but slowly coming out of the fog.

Last edited by SableVenus57; 03/04/12 09:33 PM.

Divorced, newly married again less than 5 years, both of us Christians, 2 small children

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,039 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation