Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 104 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 103 104
M
M
His strategy is to try and get you to adjust your conditions so he doesn't have to adjust his life to meet your conditions.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
I lived with someone who was never truthful.
Unless I caught him in a lie.
Unless I discovered something.
Unless I investigated.

And then he only admitted what I could prove.

I had to become a pro at asking the "right" question.
Because he would only answer what he was asked, so he thought it was ok to leaving information out -- if I hadn't very specifically asked EXACTLY for the information.

It can drive you out of your mind.

I would NEVER allow myself to live in that environment again, where I don't know the TRUTH of my life.

P
P
Originally Posted by starfish75
We spoke with our MC (Psychologist)... Our MC seems to believe that my H is telling the truth.

then:

Recent text:

I'm not saying there may not be smaller things a counselor may pry out of me over time stuck deep inside, but there is nothing as big as the bomb I have already dropped on you. I promise u that WS.. I'll let you know as soon as I book my appointment
starfish. Ths is why your WH is trying to go the "counselor" route to pry it out of him. It worked very well for him previously. He is hoping that it will work again. And he is going to drag it out for years as it is stuck deep inside.

Don't fall for this.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

I
I
Wow I thought FIL was a supporter of yours? Nice.

Starfish, it may well take time to come clean, but he can decide to do it tomorrow. He knows it, too. The only thing stopping him is motivation.

Right now he knows that if he can get you to 'just trust' he can continue getting massive dopamine hits from random women, over and above the hits he gets from you.

The addiction to the dopamine highs - more addictive than crack cocaine - is what motivates him right now. He knows full well he wouldn't get the same highs from silly skanks, unless he has you to
cheat on..

It is quite serious that he took the poly to purposefully lie. That's wayward even for a wayward. He will prob have to hit bottom hard to rid himself of addiction.

While his needing help is prob true, you can't stick around to do it because a)you create half the dope he is addicted to and b)you'd have a nervous breakdown.

Without you meeting needs, his A highs are inadequate and get lower and lower until he becomes miserable. He will hit rock bottom. This is the point where waywards reconsider whether their addiction is worth it. Some see this as motivation to change, some don't.

Meantime you will have gone 'cold turkey' yourself by not contacting him which will make a divorce hurt less, if one is meant to be.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
OP Offline
S
My FIL left me a message this morning wanting to know how I was doing, told me he loved me etc. and to give him a call later when I had a few minutes. I haven't called him back yet.

I relalize what you are saying about him hitting rock bottom and believe he was close to it yesterday, but then he heard my voice on the phone and he started to feel better.

I
I
I relalize what you are saying about him hitting rock bottom and believe he was close to it yesterday, but then he heard my voice on the phone and he started to feel better.

Precisely! You got it. We BS stop the wayward from hitting rock bottom. That's part of the reason Dr H tells us to step aside and allow rock bottom to happen in Plan B.

Without rock bottom the addict is sitting in a crack factory with zero reason to leave

S
S
In the military, they break down their new recruits so they can mold them into the soldiers they need them to be. Think of Plan B as that, for you, and for your WS. You are at your bottom when you enter Plan B, and you help your WS by allowing them to hit theirs.

You will get to build yourself up into a person who can have a fulfilling marriage.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
I
I
Yup, that is an excellent description of Plan B Scot.

The first few weeks are NOT FUN. Complete strip down of the soul. I would say there are two days where things peak which particularly suck. Perhaps the most awful days of my life, worse than Dday (its where the real sting of infidelity hits, without any shock to cushion the blow). Though I'm agnostic, there was a point I begged God to help me. I'd do it all again tomorrow tho.

Because you come through that short term withdrawal so strong. Its easy to be happy very soon after. Like a catharsis. The following months of Plan B just build you up more and more, day by day I honestly could handle anything now.

S
OP Offline
S
Yes, I think I'm almost ready for Plan B. He is at a bar again tonight... I'm sure he is eating too, but I know drinks are involved.

Should I call my FIL back? What should I say to him?

I
I

Ill defer to the vets but I wouldn't bother trying to garner his support or anything. You asked him to support you. Its up to him what he does after that. Call him to be civil if you want, but don't put yourself out. When my very loving and supportive FIL went about town telling everyone WH 'wasn't really' in an A after exposure, I just let the matter drop without a word.

Yes, I think I'm almost ready for Plan B. He is at a bar again tonight... I'm sure he is eating too, but I know drinks are involved.

The end bit of Plan A, where you begin to flag and they are still flaunting their bad habits in your face, is so hard I know.

If you still need an intermediary, I'd be happy to help out as an email IM. If you want to, just ask the mods for my email addy.

R
R
I think the first step for you is to stop your snooping.
Don't check the venues for now.
They will cause you to try to outguess and react to him.

You don't need that in plan A at this point.

You won't snoop if you ever go to plan B.

Snooping is testing your Taker right now.

It will need to be commenced if you ever truly try to rebuild the marriage. You aren't there at this juncture.

M
M

Yes, I would call him back. And tell him that you know your H is not telling the truth. Explain to him that your H is going to have to come clean and pass a polygraph in order to continue the marriage. Remind him that it would be ludicrous to give him the benefit of the doubt after his long history of dishonesty.

Also, I don't agree you shouldn't be snooping. You are supposed to snoop and need to know what he is doing.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

I
I
Originally Posted by reading
I think the first step for you is to stop your snooping..

Reading makes a great point. Snooping is usual in Plan A, but after a failed poly you KNOW he's lying - the details will only bug you.

Maybe give the password/snooping tools over to a trusted friend and only have her tell you anything if its significant. I wouldn't dwell on evry bit of intel at this point.

M
M
She needs to continue snooping until she goes into Plan B. Snooping is PART OF Plan A and she has no reason to stop and every reason to continue.

starfish, keep watching him as long as you can.

Exposure 101

S
S
The best way to get through the snooping while in Plan A is to KNOW that the pain WILL end once you enter Plan B. I continued to snoop via a VAR on my WH. I am happy I did, because I knew some of his plans, ie taking my BED when he was moving out. That didn't happen. There were other things, but honestly, I would have to re-read my thread because I am so far out from it, it has no effect on me anymore. THAT'S one of the MANY things you gain from doing a PROPER Plan B. Mine still has holes, especially through the children, but for the most part, I am in total darkness, and it's a heck of a lot better than where I would have been otherwise.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
She needs to continue snooping until she goes into Plan B. Snooping is PART OF Plan A and she has no reason to stop and every reason to continue.

Ditto

Starfish, here's how you phrase the polygraph .... Every time it is the topic.
You:" polygraph? What a great opportunity for you. (cheerfully) You are so fortunate to have that opportunity to clear yourself."

Change the definition every time the topic comes up.

Poly = opportunity

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by indiegirl

Ill defer to the vets but I wouldn't bother trying to garner his support or anything. You asked him to support you. Its up to him what he does after that. Call him to be civil if you want, but don't put yourself out. When my very loving and supportive FIL went about town telling everyone WH 'wasn't really' in an A after exposure, I just let the matter drop without a word.

The end bit of Plan A, where you begin to flag and they are still flaunting their bad habits in your face, is so hard I know.

If you still need an intermediary, I'd be happy to help out as an email IM. If you want to, just ask the mods for my email addy.

Hi Indie! Yes, I'm interested in you being my IM. How do I ask the mods for your email?
Thank you so much for offering... I'm in tears!

Last edited by starfish75; 03/27/12 08:32 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

I will continue snooping while still in Plan A.
I'm trying to find the Plan B love letter that you sent me a few days ago. I also need to work on my addendum/criteria. Any advice for me on this?

S
OP Offline
S
Again, I want to thank all of you for being such a great support for me in this extremely difficult time! It means so much to me!!!

M
M
starfish, God bless your heart. hug

Exposure 101

Page 40 of 104 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation