Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
If I could get dh's phone and synch it w iTunes on my computer, what info would I get? How hard is this to do and how long does it take,

Also, he has synched it on his computer in the past. Will he know I did it if I do
It on mine?

N
N
He will know if you sync his iPhone with your iTunes as it will remove music, etc.. from the phone.

If he syncs it regularly on his computer, you can copy the backup file it makes and extract the info from there. There are a few threads in here about doing just that.

BH (Me)-30
FWW (BostonLover)-29
Married 7/2004
D-Day 14&16 Feb, 2011
Starting Recovery
W
OP Offline
W
I doubt I can get to that computer. I've been reading that I can choose to simply do a backup rather than sync. Could I do that on my computer then look through the data when I'm alone?

Again, would he be able to tell I had done this, and what info could I glean?

Last edited by Wonderingif; 03/13/12 09:15 AM.
N
N
I can check with my iPhone tonight and see if that's possible. I'll update the thread with what I find out.

BH (Me)-30
FWW (BostonLover)-29
Married 7/2004
D-Day 14&16 Feb, 2011
Starting Recovery
W
OP Offline
W
Great. Thank you!

W
OP Offline
W
Also, if I can do the backup to my computer, would something like this http://www.iphonebackupextractor.com/ be helpful in discerning what info I have? I don't mean to be obsessive but I want to get all my ducks in a row before doing this. Like I said, I'm not good at tech stuff so I need to really plan this out.

I could practice all of it ahead of time using my own iPhone. That way when I can get his phone (only when he's sleeping) I can do the backup quickly.

Last edited by Wonderingif; 03/13/12 02:58 PM.
N
N
Ok, I just took my iPhone and made a new user on my Mac and plugged it in and launched iTunes. As I assumed, iTunes wanted to sync but I didn't let it. I right clicked on my iPhone listed on the left hand side of iTunes and in the menu there was Backup. I clicked on it, and it immediately started backing up my phone no problem.

Yes, for someone that is not a technical person, that program would probably be the best way to go.

BH (Me)-30
FWW (BostonLover)-29
Married 7/2004
D-Day 14&16 Feb, 2011
Starting Recovery
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks for doing that!

I'm still researching and I'm concerned that backups can take a lot of time, especially if there are lots of pics on the phone. Dh does have a lot of pics. How do I deal w the time factor? I don't think I'll have a lot of time.

Last edited by Wonderingif; 03/13/12 07:18 PM.
N
N
Depends on how many and the size of the pictures, but if you're looking for evidence, you'd probably want all the pictures to look through. The backups don't include music/movies from iTunes so that will save some time. I would wager you should need no more than a half hour at the extreme end to do the backup.

BH (Me)-30
FWW (BostonLover)-29
Married 7/2004
D-Day 14&16 Feb, 2011
Starting Recovery
W
OP Offline
W
Ok. Downloaded latest version of iTunes on my computer. Practiced doing backup w my phone and it took just a little over 7 minutes. I have lots of pics, too, so I'm feeling more confident. Will try to get his phone when he's here this weekend and asleep.

I'll worry about accessing the info later.

W
OP Offline
W
OK so I got the phone backed up Friday night. I couldn't extract the info till today. So far everything is clean. I've got all the deleted texts from when he got the phone over a year ago, also the call history, pics etc.

I guess he could still be doing something through apps, but not sure if I could access that. I'll keep snooping.

T
txf Offline
T
Originally Posted by Wonderingif
OK so I got the phone backed up Friday night. I couldn't extract the info till today. So far everything is clean. I've got all the deleted texts from when he got the phone over a year ago, also the call history, pics etc.

I guess he could still be doing something through apps, but not sure if I could access that. I'll keep snooping.

What software program did you use to view his deleted texts and call logs?

W
OP Offline
W
I used iphonebackupextractor.com. Very easy to use. I got the paid version ($25) as the free version requires more tech skills than I possess.

T
T
Originally Posted by Wonderingif
I used iphonebackupextractor.com. Very easy to use. I got the paid version ($25) as the free version requires more tech skills than I possess.

Thank you very much, you just made my day with this info grin I will try it out.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 894 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation