Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2611625 03/31/12 10:14 PM
G
OP Offline
G
What would you do if you went out with a man once for dinner and three times for lunch in a week, then, he traveled for 3 weeks, saw you once, and then texted you he was falling in love with you?

Who does that?

I ran.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
B
B
RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See my various posts to Milkshake on her thread.......

P
P
Originally Posted by Greengables
I ran.

dance2

Yeppers!

S
S
Originally Posted by Greengables
What would you do if you went out with a man once for dinner and three times for lunch in a week, then, he traveled for 3 weeks, saw you once, and then texted you he was falling in love with you?

Who does that?

I ran.

My husband. smile I do acknowledge that 'fast' is not socially accepted and is a huge red flag for many. However, in some circles it is considered acceptable..mine being one of those I guess.

I think you are a great woman and I can totally see a good quality man recognizing that with a few short dates. Unfortunately he should have exercised some restraint so as not to frighten you off. Or maybe you just can't return the feelings and thus he isn't for you.

I told dh recently that he better be glad he didn't scare me off with his 'fast moving pace.' He said, 'well if you had been scared off then you wouldn't have been the woman for me.'

K
K
My initial thought is that he's a total psycho.

In a best case scenario, he's just incredibly clueless when it comes to relationships with women.

Either way, it doesn't sound like something any woman should be involved in.

Divorced
G
OP Offline
G
You could be right, Krazy, or it could be as Smiling Woman said and this man and I just weren't right for each other.

I hate hurting a person's feelings. My solace is that he probably thinks of me as a cold, repressed, scared person at this point. In which case, he'll soon be over any pain. And, while I ran, he is the one who actually said the words that he didn't want to date me. So maybe he doesn't feel too rejected.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
A
A
It could be a matter of semantics, GG. Some folks still use the term "I'm falling in love with you" as a substitute for "I am really excited about you". It does not mean that he thinks that he has developed that deep connection with you that we call "love", it just means that he has ... uh... the hots for you, so he feels the excitement and feels "in love"... Ya know?

I wouldn't equate "in love" with "love".. But since he says that he has no interest in dating you, then I guess it doesn't matter, he musta fallen "in love" with someone else on his trip.. You know how it is, so many women so little time wink.

AGG

G
OP Offline
G
AGG, he would date me if only I weren't "so aloof."

But, your point about semantics is good. I'm just pretty sure this man wants a more intense emotional intimacy than I would ever feel comfortable with. He would feel lonely or shut out and I would feel smothered.

So, it's just as well. But I really liked his accent. sigh

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
K
K
Some people don't know what love is and if he likes what he sees thus far and feels those butterflies, he may think that's love. Still, I'd say it's too soon for love talk to be appropriate, he can't possibly know you well enough in that length of time and you did the right thing for you.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
L
L
And sadly Anne -- there are lots of women out there that would "swoon" over that love-at-first-sight mentality.

I think it is a ploy to cover up some pretty big flaws.

You were right to RUN.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,086 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation