Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hey, all:

Just wanted to alert you, in case you are thinking of starting to watch NBC's "Smash," the weekly drama about the making of a Broadway musical.

A couple of weeks ago, one of the main characters (Debra Messing) revealed an affair that then rekindles in a subsequent episode.

I actually was handling the revelation of the affair in the plot ok, but then the character reignites the affair (after some extremely weak protests and nonexistant boundaries), and suddenly her writer's block is gone, and she all atwitter in love. Made me want to PUKE!

Anyway, just wanted to warn y'all.

SP

Me: 47
BH: 48, previously married
Married: Nov. 27, 2004
DDay: Nov. 13, 2010
Kids: stepsons DS17 and DS13
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=35
M
M
On NatGeo wild last nite there were no affairs. Never have been any. This is where my tv time is relegated to nowadays.

We were watching a show and a promo commercial for greys anatomy came oninto and a main character says to another woman 'would you pleade stop sleeing with my husband?' . Her favorite show by the way.

Awkward. Like a lot things.

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
G
G
SP2011,

Apparently life imitates art, she was having an affair with her POS co-star. I guess the writers thought how cute it was.

http://celebrity-gossip.net/debra-messing/debra-messing-moves-smash-co-star-will-chase-572195

And what is really surprising is "Will didn't break up Debra and Daniel. It was over before she met Will." Isn't anyone embarrassed by the self-deception.

Last edited by Gamma; 03/19/12 02:07 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
UGH! I'm liking the NatGeo option better and better.

The WORST for me was last year when a movie came out about the crumbling of a young couple's marriage and the lead characters names were ours: Cindy and Dean.

Fiction or fact? Kidding! We're on the straight and narrow with MBs, but you can bet your bottom dollar that we did NOT see that movie, even though the lead female was nominated for an award. UGH!

Me: 47
BH: 48, previously married
Married: Nov. 27, 2004
DDay: Nov. 13, 2010
Kids: stepsons DS17 and DS13
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=35
S
S
It is always hard when it pops up, esp. out of the blue! It's awkward and then you have to decide whether to ignore it or discuss it or what.

It's getting easier for me in this regard but I don't think I will ever be comfortable with an infidelity arch again - unless it's treated for the BS it is - which does happen occasionally! But even then, it's still a trigger of the past.

"The #1 reason why people give up so quickly is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, rather than how far they've gotten."

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)
Surviving and Thriving since November 2010 thanks to MB!
My Recovery Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538986#Post2538986
My Original Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457141&page=1

I
I
TV is overrated. I just always find other stuff to do. I don't think DS ever ends if you look hard enough.

WW-30
Me BH-35
OM-1 EA/PA for 2.5 yrs
OM-2 EA/PA 3 mos
Married since Nov 2002
DDay-April 4th, 2011, DD#2-four days later
DD-3
Working on recovery
C
C
Originally Posted by INTERNAL_PAIN
TV is overrated. I just always find other stuff to do. I don't think DS ever ends if you look hard enough.

And that is why I am watching Roller Boogie tonight with my womenz... (wife and DD)

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
R
R
Smash took me under last week .

It redeemed itself slightly this week- it is showing how devastating it is to the families.

I find myself watching through my fingers. But last night- there was some hard reality. I wonder where it will go.

As for Grey's ? After last week? I am positive one of the writers is a BS. It was perfectly written .

Thanks for all the support along the way.
I wish you all well. I'm outta here.
Peace.
N
N
There's a show on OWN all about affairs. It's called "Unfaithful: Stories of Betrayal." People are telling their stories. I'm not sure how that helps anyone. They make it all dramatic with scenes depicting the betrayal. I could never do that show. I have enough images popping into my head, as it is. I don't need a TV show to make them look real.

Wife of 12 years
Two kids
Staying together after hurting each other throughout the first 7 years
Learned of all of the betrayal in March 2012
R
R
-- uhm, lets see 8 years later. the beggings and pleadings of the wife made me smile. and the level headed outta here spirit of the BH was a thing of beauty.

9 years now ... and some days you still say grrr!
Hang in there.
U
U
I have noticed since becoming 'aware' of A's and everything about them, starting recovery, using MB principles, all that jazz both H and I have become VERY sensitive to waywardness. And all of a sudden, it seems to be EVERYWHERE. Which is kindof what you all are talking about here, and it is 'uncomfortable.' Especially real life waywardness, like when friends and family members talk waywardly or appear to be in wayward situations, and how to handle that when you really just want to clunk them over the head with something.

C
C
The Descendants...affair subplot..good movie but we fast forwarded some scenes.

Me: 34yrs
OM #1 ONS July 2010
OM #2 internet/text EA (9/10-2/11)

He: WH 38 yrs
OW#1 Former friend, 7 month EA & PA 1/11-7/11
OW#2 Ex-GF, 1 month phone/ FB EA & ONS 7/11

Recovering MB Online!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation