Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2620866 05/01/12 12:57 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Good Morning all ... I was working away on my photos while drinking my morning coffee when i decided to try and create a MB banner for the heck of it. It was originally in flash format but in order to share it I converted it to an animated GIF.

It should only play once (the animation) each time you see it ..WHat ya think?

[Linked Image from i48.tinypic.com]

M
OP Offline
M
Drat ... it played once for me now i can not see it .. lol .. here is a looping version. Maybe i should have it loop 2x only ..

[Linked Image from i45.tinypic.com]

P
P
Oh, I like the concept! Think you could do it in MB colors? Maybe you should email Justuss and so it could be presented to Dr. H.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
M
I like that!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks guys .. For the heck of it I redid it again .. using the header from the site .. THe only problem i had was getting that line to line up .. i think its a pixel or 2 off .. and the font of the text is not 100% spot on. However if someone where to tell me what fonts was used on the header i could get even more precise.

Here is the newest one with the MB colors.

[Linked Image from i49.tinypic.com]

M
OP Offline
M
Oh and here it is ... looping over and over again.

[Linked Image from i50.tinypic.com]

P
P
Fantastic! hurray

M
OP Offline
M
*smiles*

Thanks! did that one over my lunch break. Was thinking of making a small animation for my sig to replace my info.

GAH! just noticed that I will have to update my info soon .. im getting old! (this up coming monday) frown

P
P
Me: 33

I forgot how young you are !!!

Enjoy it while you're still young.

M
OP Offline
M
HA! ... Young? I feel 60 some days ... especially with a 14YO daughter! .. IM scared ... next year she will be the same age i started dating my wife! .... GAH! *notices some more grey hairs pop up*

P
P
Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy
HA! ... Young? I feel 60 some days ... especially with a 14YO daughter! .. IM scared ... next year she will be the same age i started dating my wife! .... GAH! *notices some more grey hairs pop up*

Are you going to allow her to date at 14?
I recommend you do not.
We drove our DD to all her group events. Bowling and such.
No one-on-one dating allowed until she was 17.
And, even then, her Daddy (Mr Pep) would take the lad out "for a cup of coffee" .... just the 2 of them .... and they had a little chat. hurray

Now, she's 22 and pretty much comes & goes as she pleases.
She's old enough to have some common sense now.
14 .... not so much.

You'll be fine.
Someone gave us this advice about teenagers ....

"Keep them busy and broke".

LOL

M
OP Offline
M
Yeah .. im actually not too worried ... she gave up her facebook,, shes taking up hunting with me ... (getting her hunting licence next week) .. shes 1/2 way to her blackbelt in her martial arts. And she tells me that she is planning on having a ranch in the future and doesnt want any guys to get in her way.

I encourage all that .. and jokingly say to her .. "we will see about that once you get to high school and the boys start to notice you more" (shes in grade 8 middle school .. and moves to the highschool next year)... she just laughs at me and says .. "if they try anything .. i will just kick their a$$!"

Its funny ... because she probably could ... she can take me down and put me into a position where I will have to submit to get her to let go while she is threatening to break my arm haha ... I love it. Cant wait to see one day who she picks for a BF ... will have to be more manly than her .. She can shoot a gun .. and kick over my head! (im 6'2" and 185lbs)

edit to add .. shes not really into guys yet at her school (says they are too immature even though she was interested when she was going through trauma about grandma .. and i guess seeking some comfort of some kind but our household has calmed own and she doesnt want to hear or see either grandma or grandpa again becasue of what they have done)... but has crushes on a few famous people.

Last edited by MrNiceGuy; 05/02/12 03:45 PM.
P
P
Sounds like a great kid!

M
OP Offline
M
Yup! >. she just got her report card ... all A's .. and a comment from the principal on how she has made a difference in her school. . and how she demonstrates to others how she stands up for whats right and what she believes in and doesnt back down when confronted about it. Also how helpful she is to staff .. and students .. and she is looked up to by her peers. (shes not IN with the popular crowd but has created her own popularity and is well respected)... and how much its impacted everyone she interacts with. SHe has made her school a better place in her time there and they are sad to see her go.

I was GLEAMING with pride ...

P
P

Check this out MNG. International Baccalaureate Diploma Your daughter sounds like she will be a prime candidate when she begins 10th grade.

It is a great program and will save you $$$ on college tuition because she can take college level courses in high school. Also, HS graduates with an IB degree often get full scholarships at major universities in the US and abroad.

In my state, there a few select public high schools that offer the IB program for free.

I can feel your pride all the way through my computer terminal. smile

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

M
OP Offline
M
I am in Canada ... does that apply here too?

P
P
Yes. It is an internationally recognized program offered in many countries. If you click on the link I posted earlier you can search for schools by country. It looks like quite a few in Canada.

I don't know what college costs are in Canada...but if it is even remotely like the US...

I started looking around for scholarship opportunities for my own daughter because she is approaching college in 3 years and quite frankly, the thought of college tuition is scaring me.

Someone mentioned the IB program to me. I looked into it and found that it was actually offered at some of the high schools here ... but I had never heard of it. I then talked to the school and they highly recommended the program.

You might want to talk to your school to see if it is an option that would work for you. Your daughter sounds like a great kid.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks! .. I will show the IB stuff to my wife. THanks for the compliment about my daughter too ... She IS a great kid .. I am told that all the time (never gets old either). YOu can see a pic of her and my wife and I in the MB pics thread (im sure its buried though).

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation