Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
V
Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy
LMAO!!!------^ I almost laughed my lunch out onto my desk!

LOL...it would appear there's some serious truth to those wise words!

Every man I meet is in some way my superior; and in that I can learn of him.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

T
T
My ww's OM just walked out of my house when I caught them. He didn't say a peep and wouldn't even look at me. He then hide his facebook page. Good thing my father made me take my box cutter I use for work off first before I went over there.

Me (H): 34
Wife (W): 29
Two kids ages 5 and 3
Married 6 years been together for 14 years
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by totally2confused
My ww's OM just walked out of my house when I caught them. He didn't say a peep and wouldn't even look at me. He then hide his facebook page. Good thing my father made me take my box cutter I use for work off first before I went over there.

See? OM are PANSIES!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
As I've sadly learned the emotional abuse card is a also a great tactic for OW when she's seducing your WH. I need to cry on your shoulder, your my saviour, your so wonderful, now we can have intimate conversations and become "soulmate schmoopies".

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Married: 22yrs 8mths
DS 9yrs;DD 19yrs;DS 21yrs
Bomb drop:marriage not working don't know if ILY 12.11.11
DD:26.11.11
WH moves to OW house 28.11.11
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12
D:20.7.14

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
S
S
The OW in my case claimed her H was abusive too. NOT!!!!

When I talked to her, it was quite interesting. She tried to be all Bad*ss for the first 5 seconds of the conversation. Lets just say that did not bode well for her...

LOVE Betty White!!!!!!!!!!!

Hilarious!!!!!

"The #1 reason why people give up so quickly is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, rather than how far they've gotten."

Me, FBW(46) H, FWH (43)
M - 21 yrs & counting
D (20)
S (18)
S (16)
Surviving and Thriving since November 2010 thanks to MB!
My Recovery Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2538986#Post2538986
My Original Thread: http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2457141&page=1

I
I
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Dr H recommends the BH contact the OM and make it clear he does want the marriage and will fight for it.
...and in my case, I actually got him to cry! crybaby

NG, I'm going to need details laugh

Originally Posted by happyfuture66
As I've sadly learned the emotional abuse card is a also a great tactic for OW when she's seducing your WH. I need to cry on your shoulder, your my saviour, your so wonderful, now we can have intimate conversations and become "soulmate schmoopies".

What's really strange is that there was no BH (he had died) to villify on OWs part, but she completely and totally began to villify her in laws and her own parents at the onset of the affair.

The inlaws were mean to her and they said cruel things at the funeral. Her parents were unsupportive and 'poor little' OW had no one to help her.... (This confused me a lot, becuse they were there helping her all the time)

But she didnt need any invented reasons to cry on his shoulder - her husband had just died!

Its like waywards need to paint an active, present villain to each other to have an affair.

It makes sense. No matter how awful their behaviour, its not as awful as the villans.

Just part of the justification process, I'd imagine.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

N
N
Humm thing is am very proud to have done to confront the OW

1) I made an appointment for her at the local STD clinic and handed her the appointment card at her work place in plain view of her colleagues.

2) A few weeks later once I discovered that she had passed an std to me via WH while I was brestfeading my baby I was so furious that I took a pack of condoms to her work place threw it at her face ( it landed square between her eyes) in full view of her colleagues and customers and told her to learn to use them then turned around and walked out. The look of humiliation on her face from that encounter still brings a smile to my face.

3) I exposed her to everyone. I especially loved exposing her sob story where she claimed she had been raped at 16 and had a termination when infact she hooked up with a lowlife in a pub toilet got pregnant and made up the story to get the sympathy vote to get an abortion. I later discovered this was a lie vie one of her best friends on thanks to the FB exposure.

4) I gathered all the evidence of her sexual relations with all her male colleagues ( some married) and handed it to her boss, it still sits in her personelle file and has so far caused two demotions and one disciplinary action against her by the company. Her chances of promotion are zilch and any new managment who ever considers it will soon change their mind once they see her personelle file.

No one messes with my family and gets away with it!

BW 36(Me)
WS 38
Married: 2000
DD1November 22 2008 - DD2 October 2014
PA Duration September 08 - November 08
Second discovery- 6 online affairs 4 sexual one emotional. October 2014.kids: DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DS 10 . Baby after divorce DS 18months

Divorced

Was misled into thinking we were in recovery for 6 years.

If you were shocked reading any of this, that this is the consequence of not following MB to the LETTER.

H
H
Okay, I am going to add my own twist to this one. WW identified OM #1 AFTER HE DIED of pneumonia unexpectedly. I never did get in front of him. OM # 2 I still cannot verify and WW will not give name up. So I just found reason to visit my chief suspect. Shared pictures of my Marine son who is my WW's step son(he was wounded in Iraq in 2008), my chief suspect's son, a National Guardsman (was sadly also wounded in Iraq in 2010). Looked my suspect OM in the eye and told him how highly my wife thought of him and that I would pray for his son's recovery. Both our boys have severe Traumatic Brain Injuries.... His eyes teared while we were talking. I shook his hand and walked away.
Was I right? I will probably never know. I doubt I will ever have the in love marriage I want with a WW (who is probably former in her behavior but not former due to her lack of honesty).
Still, within minutes of my showing up at this potential OM's employment and introducing myself and sharing... I knew he was no longer a threat.
Oh, I did casually mention a few things to make it clear to him that I meant business (like the fact that my Marine son and I liked to challenge each other on the shooting range). That was kind of a fun twist.
A few months after I did this without telling my WW she decided to move and we have moved some 50 miles away from where we lived when I discovered the affair(s).
Anyway my usually disjointed point... It is worth visiting anyone who is even a suspect because all though it sometimes feels like an absolute on this board that you can... you cannot always know or find out who the OM or OW is or was. Then you land in the Limbo I live in (wanting D one day, trying to accept things as it the next)...

Sorry to the vets if you think I am off base.
ME: BH 57
SHE: WW 50
Hers: DS 23,19
Mine: DD 30, DS 28, DS 23
Ours: DS 12

B
B
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Dr H recommends the BH contact the OM and make it clear he does want the marriage and will fight for it.
...and in my case, I actually got him to cry! crybaby

NG, I'm going to need details laugh
Read about it here. It's pretty intense and shall we say the law was involved. smile
Our boy NG is one tough nut!!
NG's Story all OM beware!!

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

H
H
I never contacted my narcissist OW I chose to ignore her and not feed her narcissistic supply. My research revealed narcissistic OW are envious of BW and actively set out to hurt/destroy and replace BW. They welcome contact with BW to taunt and feel superior. They will contine the affair as long as they feel they have power over BS.

This thread has me thinking,

1. Is contacting OW recommended?

2. In Plan B letter to OW:

Dear Skankyhola, I love WS with all my heart and am willing to do whatever it takes to make him happy. I will wait for him to give me that chance.

is it wise to add the following, or is this seen as educating and not recommended.

" our xxyr marriage was based on a strong healthy foundation not lies and deception, we have every chance of being able to rebuild our marriage. I bear no bitterness towards you, I simply have no respect for you. Your behaviour has in no way caused me to doubt my role of WH wife.

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12

"There are moments in life that make us & set the course of who we become. Sometimes they're little & subtle,sometimes they're big & we never saw them coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It's what we do afterwards that counts & we find out who we are."
I
I
You dont need to add anything. The loving tone of your letter does it all without acknowledging her.

The bit from Dear Skank to 'wait for him to give me that chance' is good. I used that too on my OW. A very subtle FU message.

H
H
Any FU message is good grin

After reading thread about contacting OP I was thinking how contact could be made to get message across without feeding her narcissistic supply.

Me 46yrs
WH 46yrs "Isildur"
Formal MB Plan A 14.4.12
Plan B 27.4.12

E
E
I didn't realize that I was supposed to send a copy of the Plan B letter to the OW. I really wish I had. I think things may have gone differently if she knew that I WAS fighting for my marriage.
Anyway, I think often of the skank (strange but true) and kinda wish I had some kind of closure with her.
Just wondering if anyone else feels the same or if they had some sort of closure with the OP?

PS Would it be wrong of me to send her the bill for my STD tests? grin

I
I
the best form of closure with the OP is if they voluntarily make themselves invisible and get the hell out of your world!!

P
P
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen
PS Would it be wrong of me to send her the bill for my STD tests? grin

Hmmmmmmm think

Not morally wrong.

I think, if OW ever reaches out to you with an "I'm sorry" that might be the time to say ....

"Here is what you can do as your amends to me. Pay for my STD testing. I accept cash only. You owe me $307.45. Let's round it off. $300 should do it."

The "sincere MrRollieEyes apology" will suddenly turn awkward. rotflmao

They always think an "I SAID I was sorry, didn't I?" will buy them Brownie points, or something.

E
E
Indie - I suppose your right (sigh) but I would really love to go Chuck Norris on her. She did exactly as you said. Perhaps a "Thank you" note with a picture of our family would be more appropriate, then? wink

Pepperband- I'll hang onto the bill, then. I guess. I doubt if she will ever feel the need to apologize but I would love to see her try.

It's kinds funny that I hate her so much. My counselor and I argue about it a bit. I find skank just as morally wrong as my WH. No, she did't break any marriage vows, but there is something about the home-wrecking skank that instills a deep hate in me for her. mad

Last edited by Rocketqueen; 05/10/12 10:31 AM.
U
U
Rocketqueen,

I also have 2 OW's that I still think about a lot. Have gotten good to not stalk them on the internet anymore or say their names out loud, but I still think about them.

Since I found out about WH's A's years after they happened, there was no exposure done on their side. I did confront OW#1 with a letter immediately after finding out about the ONS. I never confronted OW#2 but I have always wanted to. I think it is because WH had strong feelings for OW#2, and I was intrigued about this woman who I was so jealous of and had 'won his heart' in a way I hadn't been able to. I had all kinds of sneaky ways to get info on her, and I knew if I confronted her those would close down. But, I'm over all that now so I have been thinking about confronting her and putting it behind me.

Also, I have thought about more exposure on both their parts. I have info on OW#1's mother, thought about sending her a letter about what her daughter has done to our family. Not to hurt her mother, but to give OW some consequence to her actions. She was single when it happened, and I feel like she just walked away unscathed and yet we have this white elephant in our marriage forever.

So anyway, you are not alone on that. I am over a yr and a half out from D-Day (although only in recovery really for the last couple months) and I still think about those dang OW's. They are totally not worth it, I know.

N
N
...the best form of closure with the OP is if they voluntarily make themselves invisible and get the hell out of your world
That might be the second best. The BEST is reading the OP's obituary! dance2 The ultimate no-contact provision!

E
E
Originally Posted by unwritten
I think it is because WH had strong feelings for OW#2, and I was intrigued about this woman who I was so jealous of and had 'won his heart' in a way I hadn't been able to.

Exactly! My WH's affair started as an emotional affair. They were very lovey dovey with each other and exchanged "I love you"s and spoke about getting married (!) It bothers me greatly that this "woman" was able to win his heart, as well.

Originally Posted by unwritten
She was single when it happened, and I feel like she just walked away unscathed and yet we have this white elephant in our marriage forever.

Same here, this single young thang just waltzed right into my life, created chaos for my family and ruined my life, and then sauntered back out again. No consequences, no regrets. I don't believe I could avoid a confrontation if I ever saw her again.

U
U
I have never SEEN OW#1 and God help her if I ever do. I am pretty sure all I would see is red and the world would cease to exist around me for about 10 minutes (or at least that will be my defense at the trial...).

IDK. What requires that 'closure' so to speak. Progress in recovery has helped me move forward with H, but not really taken away any of my spite towards OW's. If I had a dollar for every evil plot I have mulled over regarding OW#1... The funny thing is, I actually have never thought about beating her up, although I joke about it. I really have thought WAY more vindictively on how to destroy her life, mess with her emotionally, etc. Maybe thats a girl thing, rather than going all physical on them. She is lucky she isn't married, I had all kinds of plans on how to seduce her H and send her some nice gift wrapped videotape of him and I in her bedroom. At the end of the day there is no comparable punishment is there? Horrible I know, I just want her to pay some price for this.

OW#2, she was a highschool 'friend' who all H's guy friends in HS had sex with and he felt like he missed out on this little sex kitten. He talked about her incessantly during our marriage, how great she was. He totally pined after her. I met her at a wedding and thought, this is it??? THIS is who you have been pining after??? She is cute, in a short loud cheerleader sorta way. Not what I was expecting though. They exchanged numbers that night and started their affair, even though he agreed that she was no where near the fantasy he had in his head all these yrs since HS. So in a lot of ways the A was about the fantasy of her his mind created, not the reality, which seems to be pretty common.

So whats the advice from vets on this. In my case, do I do some more exposure and/or confrontation on the OW's? Or would that only open doors and old wounds that need to stay closed?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 939 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec
71,837 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation