Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2623309 05/07/12 03:08 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hey! How was everyones weekend(s)? Mine was FANTASTIC (this one anyways)! Hope you all have great weekends and get in your UA time!

Got my yard work done, plenty of UA with mah wife who treated me like a KING this weekend because my Bday is today (monday) and we had to work frown Played with the kids all afternoon on saturday and got the garden turned over too (i know .. late for planting) ... my magnolia tree (like 50ft tall) finally let down most of its beautiful flower pedals (which are NOT so pretty after they make my driveway slick) and my DD14 passed her hunting course and now has her hunting licence! Fixed my dads Bicycle and cleaned out the camper to get it ready for some summer weekends scouting in the bush! SOOO proud of DD14 .. DS7 wants his hunting licence now too!

Anyhow .. lets make this a thread to brag about our weekends!

MNG

Last edited by MrNiceGuy; 05/07/12 03:09 PM.
C
C
Usually our weekends are spent on the boat, so the typical weekend is awesome, but this weekend was not so much! However, it was still pretty great.

The boat was losing gear oil at a high rate, so we took it to the shop to fix the problem. So, no boat. frown We were initially okay with that because it was supposed to rain all weekend. Nope. T'was beautiful!

Anyway, H discovered some rot under our back deck, and since we were not boating, decided to tackle that repair. 12 hours! It took 12 hours of Sunday to fix. Well, for most of the day I worked inside while hubby worked out there; I would check on him now and then, bring him food and water. Ah, then it started getting dark. Darker than dark. The rain we were supposed to have was finally moving in! And we had no siding on the house (part of it, anyway).

So I decided to be a bit more proactive in helping him. Handing him tools, clearing out debris, putting away unneeded items, fetching needed items, measuring and cutting...we worked together very hard for the last couple of hours of it, the last hour in the POURING RAIN. It was wonderful. We finally put everything up for the night around 11:30 and then sat together enjoying margaritas until 3am.

Sometimes I forget how much he appreciates a helper. So it's nice when the opportunity to be reminded comes up. Without LBs or demands! smile

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
M
OP Offline
M
Thats GREAT CWMI! I love it when my wife is helpful and we both manage to get things accomplished without lovebusters .. aftwerwards you get to stand back and admire the co-operation and work together (in our home .. usually that involves a few cold ones after the fact!) I am not handy with carpentry unfortunately but im a great plumber and computer fixer and can occasionaly fix my vehicles!

Overall .. sounds like you had a decent weekend!

This is also great if people share their weekend stories here .. cuz it may give others ideas on things to do they may not have thought of.

MNG

V
V
Our weekend was so-so.

I have Lupus and am having a major flair. We spent lots of time together - we went and got the car inspected, ran some errands, bought mother's day for both our moms. Then we took his mom her gift - a huge cast iron plant stand for outside, and she went shopping with us to Woodcraft and bought us some new toys for working on the house and took us out to lunch. I slept a lot while we were driving, napped on and off while we were home, and am still feeling crappy today. Probably will end up in the hospital tonight. frown

Me: 30
Him: 39
Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
And our very lucky pony, Starbucks
M
OP Offline
M
Thats great you got some good times in with your hubby and got a jump on mothers day.

I will pray you dont end up in hospital tonight.

V
V
I did end up in the hospital (wednesday) and as a result of my physical and mental health and the fact that my husband and I don't spend enough time together. I'm on PTO next week and on the road to sunny FL with him for the week. LOL

I have to work some, he has to work, but we'll be together every night.

And, we'll be at the beach. Wooot! Wooot!

Together 5 years
Married the very best man in the world 04/06/2013 after being common law for too long. I'm a lucky woman.
7 Cats - Viscount Ashley of Leftfield, Pawkie Petunia, The Timinator, Leo the Lionheart, Fruit Snack, Cloud, and Barret
B
B
Originally Posted by HopefulNC
I did end up in the hospital (wednesday) and as a result of my physical and mental health and the fact that my husband and I don't spend enough time together. I'm on PTO next week and on the road to sunny FL with him for the week. LOL

I have to work some, he has to work, but we'll be together every night.

And, we'll be at the beach. Wooot! Wooot!

Hope you're doing better Hopeful? Sorry for your pain, my friend. hug

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

H
H
Originally Posted by CWMI
Usually our weekends are spent on the boat, so the typical weekend is awesome, but this weekend was not so much! However, it was still pretty great.

The boat was losing gear oil at a high rate, so we took it to the shop to fix the problem. So, no boat. frown We were initially okay with that because it was supposed to rain all weekend. Nope. T'was beautiful!

Anyway, H discovered some rot under our back deck, and since we were not boating, decided to tackle that repair. 12 hours! It took 12 hours of Sunday to fix. Well, for most of the day I worked inside while hubby worked out there; I would check on him now and then, bring him food and water. Ah, then it started getting dark. Darker than dark. The rain we were supposed to have was finally moving in! And we had no siding on the house (part of it, anyway).

So I decided to be a bit more proactive in helping him. Handing him tools, clearing out debris, putting away unneeded items, fetching needed items, measuring and cutting...we worked together very hard for the last couple of hours of it, the last hour in the POURING RAIN. It was wonderful. We finally put everything up for the night around 11:30 and then sat together enjoying margaritas until 3am.

Sometimes I forget how much he appreciates a helper. So it's nice when the opportunity to be reminded comes up. Without LBs or demands! smile

Remember the misattribution of arousal? Projects are another bond builder... so long as we don't get frustrated.

Last weekend: Saturday was lock ourselves in the bedroom and relax time, and Sunday night we went and watched the Avengers... Much to the chagrin of DD14 and DD12. NGB had to work this Saturday, so I took DD14 and DD5 to see it... Dumb me, though. DD14 likes to have me to herself for "Daddy dates."

Veg weekend again as NGB is sore... 2 years out and we finally got her out of her former store and department. Less stress, better pay, but more lifting. I am working on cutting my schedule back... Unemployed for 2 weeks in Feb, then got a home health job and a per diem which is now full time.

Its camping season!

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Its camping season!

I agree! ... however .. the only thing I dont like about camping in the summer season is the fire bans ... we are almost at fire ban season already here in BC. I Camp in the summer to scout for hunting .. kills 2 birds with one stone. my DD14 got her hunting licence and is putting her name in the big game animals to win a draw for one hopefully for this fall.

But to get on topic of awesome weekends... my DD14 made cinnamon buns and coffee for BOTH my wife and I in bed on mothers day before we woke up FROM SCRATCH!! ... my DS7 made a card and some bath soaps and did his best to help with the buns (the both presented it all to us almost as if it was "parents day".. We also had my DS7's 8th Bday party at lazer tag on the saturday (what a gong show that was lol but fun still) and for the remainder of sunday my wife didnt have to lift a finger if she didnt want to ... had a BBQ at my dads place with some family and played with my kids as much as possible while giving my wife some hours of alone time before getting her and bringing her to my dads place to enjoy the BBQ chicken I had made over there (usually mothers day ends up being more like grandmas day ).

GReat weekend over all .. Now to get out of the city and into some SCOUTING!

MNG

M
OP Offline
M
Hoping to get my wife to shoot my hunting rifle this weekend... going to head out into the bush for some target practice, 4x4ing and some wildlife scouting for the upcoming hunting season.

I know .. I know .. its not the weekend yet. :P But I am stoked!

V
V
Just had a wonderful week spent with hubby.

Dear God I don't know how I can handle being seperated anymore. Next week he's close enough to commute from him hotel, the week after it's only two nights, and hopefully then he'll have his new job (and we'll still have two houses and be juggling that!).

We also set a date for our wedding next year - April 20th or 27th pending the church, caterer, etc... availability! Woooot!

Together 5 years
A
A
Weekend Harley club rally, to a show in a nearby old town.

A bit wet, awesomely good.

[Linked Image from i45.tinypic.com]

I did not take the picture, which is why it is a better picture than my usual.

eta: Also had an eclipse party. Cloud cover was a minor inconvenience, after the keg was tapped.

Last edited by Aphelion; 05/22/12 01:35 PM.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
M
OP Offline
M
hopeful ... thats great news! Hope all goes as planned for you!

@ Aphelion - not a bad pic. . looks like the old town of Barkerville here in BC.

My weekend was AWESOME! My wife shot my 30-06 and so did my DD14! We went out 4x4ing on saturday .. and brought the guns to blast off a few shots ...

Heres some pics

1. THis one (below) is the view from the back side of the lake we were at. 4x4 road only to get there.(very bumpy and full of big holes)
[Linked Image from i48.tinypic.com]

2. This (below) is one of the 3 deer we seen while scouting the area. Cant shoot deer as they are not in season yet but .. none the less they are there!
[Linked Image from i49.tinypic.com]

3. This is a pic of me and mah amazing hunneh .. after she has just shot the 30-06. I wish I had of gotten a shot of the look on her face after the gun went off .. it was such a surprise to her haha. She was grinning ear to ear for a while after she shot.

4. This is a pic of DD14 (below) just as she was about to take her shot with the 30-06. She landed her hit right on the target too (my wife was just off a bit to the left of the target when she shot)! Her first time shooting a high caliber rifle! SO PROUD of both my wife and DD14!

SUCH a blast! Cant wait to go out again. My wife now plans on getting her hunting licence now too! Its a dream come true! WOOOTS!

MNG

A
A
Nice lake. What elevation is it? The picture I posted is about 100 km due south of you, I think.

Your pictures remind me of the first time I took my wife (before we were married) shooting. She wanted to try the 22 semi-automatic pistol. The recoils caused her to jerk the trigger repeatedly as her arm swept back over her shoulder. She almost emptied the magazine in like 2 seconds. Had to dive to the ground for my life.

Should have taken it as an omen, I suppose. lol

She has her own Benelli 12 gauge now. Safer. Much safer.

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
M
OP Offline
M
You know .. i am not sure what elevation it is ... but the lake is called Chilliwack Lake.

A
A
From GEPro -> 622 m elv.

Never been there, but I've been close. N end of Ross Lake and upper Skagit. Oh, and Chilliwack itself. Been there several times.

And, I even - dating myself here - went to a Chilliwack concert once long ago.

Man, I'm old... I just looked up Henderson, but at least I still look better than he does.

When an eel lunges out
Thats a moray ~DS
M
OP Offline
M
Oh yeah .. I have been to Ross Lake. The only time i went there I didnt realize that only 1:20th of the lake is in canada.

My wife and I were fishing on the canadian side and from the camp ground we could see a dock! .. SO .. we headed over to the dock and spent the day fishing on it ... WELL ... little did we know .. we were on american soil. The forest ranger (amercian) came out onto the dock and busted us fishing without an american fishing licence. She let us go thankfully .. but reminded us she COULD have taken our car .. and rods .. and fined us. We got the 20 question grill .. and I explained I had no idea I was on american soil and then she pointed to the flag a ways back slightly hidden by some trees that happened to be american .. Man was I embarassed.

Lesson learned. Ross Lake sucks for canadians ... lol ..

S
S
I don't really know where else to put this, so I'll hi-jack this thread, thanks.

Britain has planned a whole host of outdoor Royal celebrations for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. You would think that June would be a pretty safe bet for weather that is on the warm side and fairly dry, wouldn't you?

But not in the UK! It has rained all weekend and today, and when it hasn't rained it has poured! Nonetheless, people have pressed on with their picnics and street parties. It somehow makes outdoor events more "British" to have them in the pouring rain. We just get the wellington boots and rain macs out and carry on!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
P

SugarCane. DH and I watched the live BBC streaming of the flotilla. The weather looked dreadful!! The Queen certainly earned my respect after standing there for 3 hours and still looking fabulous without a hair out of place.

Best of the British.

Tears ran down DH's face as the Royal Philharmonic played Pomp and Circumstance. DH misses his country.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

S
S
pokerface - do you mean to tell me that you've imprisoned your poor H in the USA all these years? Are you ever going to let him out?

You should come to the UK. Even in the wettest, nastiest weather, springtime over here is beautiful. We drove to the west country yesterday through rain and mist, and the landscape was magical. There are dozens of shades of the gentlest green wherever you look, and rolling hills and crystal clear streams.

What part of the country is your H from? Have you ever seen it?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 335 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation