Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
SS1 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
BH I read through your links, OMG. Here is my best one so far...

I am not a cheater...I stopped having sex with you when when I committed to the other man.

I actually laughed when i heard that one...

B
B
Originally Posted by SS1
BH I read through your links, OMG. Here is my best one so far...

I am not a cheater...I stopped having sex with you when when I committed to the other man.

I actually laughed when i heard that one...
I know, right.

One of my personal favorites. "Why can't I have a wife and a girlfriend?"

They all speak from the same wayward script. Stay here long enough and you'll unfortunately see the same stories with different names.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Youre going nicely, man.

Fill us in the details like kids, years married, and stuff.

The correlation between drug addicts and an adulterer's addiction to another is made by the Dr. Getting one off a addictive drug is hard work. Your wife has a monkey on her back and you are following the textbook in terms of cleaning her out.

Just take the shots to your ego and manhood in stride as you know its coming from one who is not sane at this time.

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
S
SS1 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
BH you have been great, laughing makes us all stronger. Per your advice I asked her to play tennis this weekend, we used to play all the time b4 kids and haven't played in 3 years! She's open to it and I'm going to try to find ways to spend more time with her! I also I filled out the EN worksheet weeks ago and I realized how awful we have been to each other. If I can just get her to try...

S
SS1 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thx MSS,

What I didn't understand is that you have to takes the hits if you want your spouse back. It's tough and friends and family DO NOT understand. Married 13 years been together 18 years. I am 44 , W 40, kids 9 and 6.

M
M
You will not be taking the shots forever. There will a point where it will stop because the technique here is used as best as possible and works. Or it doesnt so other steps are taken.

Are her parents helping out with the exposure?

Life keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the fuuuu-ture.
S
SS1 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I exposed a month ago to her family and the OMW (many friends as well). I'm confident by the way she is acting that there has been NC after the letter.

B
B
Originally Posted by SS1
BH you have been great, laughing makes us all stronger. Per your advice I asked her to play tennis this weekend, we used to play all the time b4 kids and haven't played in 3 years! She's open to it and I'm going to try to find ways to spend more time with her! I also I filled out the EN worksheet weeks ago and I realized how awful we have been to each other. If I can just get her to try...

That's it. Make that UA time a priority and don't try but just do it.

She will try when she falls back in love with you. Great on the tennis. What other things do you two love to do? That's why if you sit down and schedule it together she'll be involved with the activities.

Hang tough. We have a saying around here " recovery is a marathon not a sprint"

You're doing well, my friend.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
You are confirming NC between them, correct?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

S
SS1 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Great Idea! A lever just pulled in my head. I can get some UA time as I know she is open spending time together as "friends" by just asking her to meet and let know some activities she'd like to do together - and that it turn set up more UA time. I'm a little slow....

This worries me though, she says I'm a great guy and she loves to spend time with me as friends, does acting this way perpetuate here feelings that I'm just a friend?

B
B
Don't worry about what she says about only loving you as a friend. That's still fogbabble.

Say " I want a loving, romantic M with my wife, the mother of my children". Now did you know the sky is blue? Do you want a cookie?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

N
N
she loves to spend time with me as friends, does acting this way perpetuate here feelings that I'm just a friend?

Baby steps, dude. Friends supply emotional needs. Lovers supply intimate emotional needs.

S
SS1 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Got it, this patience thing is hard but I get the fact that she didn't get to where she is overnight and that it's not going to get back to great overnight either. I know I want her back so I'm going to push for as much UA time as I can get, meet her emotional needs, and avoid LB's at all cost!!!

B
B
Originally Posted by SS1
Got it, this patience thing is hard but I get the fact that she didn't get to where she is overnight and that it's not going to get back to great overnight either. I know I want her back so I'm going to push for as much UA time as I can get, meet her emotional needs, and avoid LB's at all cost!!!

Remember this is a marathon not a sprint.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

N
N
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
You are confirming NC between them, correct?

Revisit that one, please.

Do you have a keylogger on the computer (www.eblaster.com is a good one) and spyware on her phone? If you don't, get that taken care of but don't tell your wife about it.

Escalate the UA time, by all means, but don't forget to verify the NC.

For what it's worth, your story has been played out numerous times here and they all say the same thing. My FWW, too.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

X
X
Make absolutely sure theres no contact .My story was exactly like yours except things went straight downhill right after WW broke NC .

B
B
Originally Posted by xtremepain
Make absolutely sure theres no contact .My story was exactly like yours except things went straight downhill right after WW broke NC .
Please listen to this about verifying NC.

Read this Requirements for Recovery from an affair

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

E
E
SS1, How are things going?

S
SS1 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
It's been a few days and nothing has really changed. I continue to try to meet her EN and she is still not ready to work on our marriage. She split with the OM 27 days ago and I do believe 100% that there has been no contact. I am also sure that if the OM's W new about any contact she would text me (she new about the affair when I contacted her). I will say this, on some days it is extremely hard to continue to give and get nothing back. Don't get me wrong, our UA time has increased and we both enjoy our time together she just can't show me any affection. I remind myself everyday to have patience but it's hard....

B
B
Originally Posted by SS1
It's been a few days and nothing has really changed. I continue to try to meet her EN and she is still not ready to work on our marriage. She split with the OM 27 days ago and I do believe 100% that there has been no contact. I am also sure that if the OM's W new about any contact she would text me (she new about the affair when I contacted her). I will say this, on some days it is extremely hard to continue to give and get nothing back. Don't get me wrong, our UA time has increased and we both enjoy our time together she just can't show me any affection. I remind myself everyday to have patience but it's hard....
Are you verifying NC?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation