Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by milkshake
I understand this very well. You are not cheating on your XH, but it feels strange and uncomfortable, right. Is it a small town you live in? Then the social image and pressure must be even stronger. Just remember you are a single woman, and so is he. There is nothing wrong meeting up with a friend or having a date.

I don't know that this is how I felt. I think it's more like I didn't want ppl in my business and gossiping about us. It is a small town. Not really small, small, but small enough that there will be gossip I'm sure.

As strange as it might sound, I can relate. It's natural; you are still grieving for a loss of your family, actually a loss of your family image, since the reality is that it was not perfect. {{hugs}}
Overall I think you did a good job, and I am glad you decided to go and now feel comfortable enough to go out with B again if he asks.

I just didn't want him to say dang, she is taken. lol I crack myself up. I'm not really interested in looking for a man but my brain veers in this direction. Cah-razy I tell you.

I like your thoughts on the family thing. I hadn't thought about it that way. It is different going out in public with a man who is not the father of my kids.

I think it turned out well too. I honestly would have rather been home but it was OK for the most part. I know I need to do things like that so ....

I'm thinking of asking him if he would be interested in meeting one of my friends. lol That thought came to me last night. I think I'll wait a few days to mention it though.

Me (BS): 41
Ex (lying cheating piece of dirt): 43
Kids: 12 DD, 6 DS
Married 17 years
I filed: 9/25/10
Divorce final: 10/4/11
He remarried: 10/15/11

My current status: Healing a little more every day!
P
OP Offline
P
B just emailed me today telling me he is available this weekend. To start with I was happy to hear from him then reality set in. I am only available tonight (and really my house needs cleaning). I honestly would prefer to stay home but I don't want him to think I don't want to go with him or that I didn't have a good time last time - he is such a sweet person and a good friend. So I did tell him I was available tonight. Now I'm regretting it and thinking I should have said I had plans (cleaning house would be considered plans right?) I really thought we wouldn't get together again for months so this is a shock to me.

I'm also thinking that if the guy that we saw that first weekend appears again (doubtful but you know it could happen) that he would never be interested because he would think I was dating someone seriously you know?

Is there anything wrong with me? lol

Married 17 years

M
M
Hi Prissanna, how are you? I have been gone for a while, been extremely busy, but finally got some time to pay a visit wink Any updates on your end?

MS

P
OP Offline
P
Not really. We haven't went out since my last post up there. He emailed me today for the first time since then. He was all in a huff (jokingly) because he thought I had forgotten him. lol We are truly good friends. I've almost emailed him a few times to tell him things that are going on in my life but I didn't want him to think I was wanting to go out again. I know, I'm a wuss.

Anyway, there is some interest on my part in a guy (I call him my Marlboro Man) that comes in where I work frequently. Only thing is he's really reserved/shy so I'm not sure even if he was interested if he would make a move. I have seen a few things on his part that made me think he might be interested but he hasn't been in in a few weeks so ... who knows? Anyway, it's fun to look for him every day. I'd probably freak out if he made a move anyway.

I haven't been coming here much because it's kinda dead. How are things going on your end? Any new dates?

Last edited by prissanna; 05/15/12 05:41 PM.

Married 17 years

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 731 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation